Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Free Agency thread

Don’t worry.. our dumb Gm will trade jrue holiday back home to Los Angeles to be with the Lakers for Quinn cook or some scrub to help his buddy lebron again.

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Idk man, maybe they really want Jrue. Yeah they were in the finals, but will they want to run it back the same? Maybe they think Jrue gives them a better shot.

I doubt it but I really like me some Duncan Robinson. He showed alot of improvement on the defensive end and is a lights out shooter. Reminds me of Klay. Would love to have him on our team..
    They might do it for one of the two, but I very much doubt both. That's a huge amount of shooting to lose, even if Jrue is a reasonable catch and shoot guy.

Robinson is great. One of the best shooters in the league. Not the defender that Klay is, even if he did make some improvements, but he's very much that tier of shooter.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Don’t worry.. our dumb Gm will trade jrue holiday back home to Los Angeles to be with the Lakers for Quinn cook or some scrub to help his buddy lebron again.
    Let it go

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They might do it for one of the two, but I very much doubt both. That's a huge amount of shooting to lose, even if Jrue is a reasonable catch and shoot guy.

Robinson is great. One of the best shooters in the league. Not the defender that Klay is, even if he did make some improvements, but he's very much that tier of shooter.
    Oh I know he's not Klay lol. Klays elite on both ends, super under appreciated. But I think Duncan has potential to be a good defender, and he won't ask for Klay type of money. Big question mark in all of this is Lonzo. Is he the pg of the future, I can't say. Sometimes I see it, but most times I don't. Hard to think about building around ingram/Zion with the uncertainty of what Lonzo will be. Reason tells me Lonzo is who he is, he doesn't have another level and we should move on. But wth do I know.

Oh I know he's not Klay lol. Klays elite on both ends, super under appreciated. But I think Duncan has potential to be a good defender, and he won't ask for Klay type of money. Big question mark in all of this is Lonzo. Is he the pg of the future, I can't say. Sometimes I see it, but most times I don't. Hard to think about building around ingram/Zion with the uncertainty of what Lonzo will be. Reason tells me Lonzo is who he is, he doesn't have another level and we should move on. But wth do I know.
    I don't think he is. He'd have to improve so many huge things (driving frequency, finishing, half-court passing, gaining some PnR abilities whatsoever, etc) and given that his contract is up next year I don't know if it's possible to do that before Money Time comes up. Has he shown me enough to take the bet on him without that evidence? Nah. As far as I'm concerned, Lonzo should be very tradeable right now.

Here's a wild thought. Darius Garland. Wonder what it costs to get him from Cleveland. Kid can shoot. Im intrigued by him and he and sexton don't pair well together.

Here's a wild thought. Darius Garland. Wonder what it costs to get him from Cleveland. Kid can shoot. Im intrigued by him and he and sexton don't pair well together.
    Worst player in NBA

https://www.cleveland.com/cavs/2020/...ie-season.html

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Rookie season tho with a terrible team. I think him running with Jrue he could surprise ppl. And I did say "Wild Thought" for a reason haha I know he doesn't look good rn but he went in the lottery for a reason. And maybe that poor rookie season means the Cavs under sell to move him. I'm mostly thinking out loud.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    CLIPPERS receive: Jrue Holiday
    PELICANS receive: Lou Williams, Zubac, Beverly and a first round pick.

Clippers might do that. Would y?all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rookie season tho with a terrible team. I think him running with Jrue he could surprise ppl. And I did say "Wild Thought" for a reason haha I know he doesn't look good rn but he went in the lottery for a reason. And maybe that poor rookie season means the Cavs under sell to move him. I'm mostly thinking out loud.
    I do think that you have to give Garland a bit of leeway for his terrible season. He did basically miss his entire college season, and he showed improvement throughout the year.

That said, I would not at all be interested in acquiring him for any major assets. He essentially had his college season in the NBA which showed him up badly in a lot of ways and he didn't get the chance to show enough of what I would need to spend for him.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    CLIPPERS receive: Jrue Holiday
    PELICANS receive: Lou Williams, Zubac, Beverly and a first round pick.

Clippers might do that. Would y?all?
    Nope.

Zubac doesn't fit our needs. Lou is old. We can get better for Jrue.

Zubac doesn't fit our needs. Lou is old. We can get better for Jrue.
    Ship jrue to Golden st for their 1st round pick and a good player and it helps to ensure The Lakers won’t be back in the finals next year. It’s a win/win.

PELS get Reddish, Dedmon, Hunter and the 6th pick

Hawks get Jrue

We draft Okongwu.

I do think that you have to give Garland a bit of leeway for his terrible season. He did basically miss his entire college season, and he showed improvement throughout the year.

That said, I would not at all be interested in acquiring him for any major assets. He essentially had his college season in the NBA which showed him up badly in a lot of ways and he didn't get the chance to show enough of what I would need to spend for him.
    Definitely not giving up major assets. My thought is that the Cavs maybe sell him cheap. If we want to get crazy, maybe deal lonzo for garland and a top 5 protected. Lol maybe I'm crazy.

Ship jrue to Golden st for their 1st round pick and a good player and it helps to ensure The Lakers won’t be back in the finals next year. It’s a win/win.
    ''For their first round pick and a good player''

What ''good player'' do you have in mind? Cause they're not trading Curry, Draymond is far past his peak, and I'm not interested in post-injury Klay.

What Team what want Lonzo? Like REALLY want him... Maybe Detroit??

What Team what want Lonzo? Like REALLY want him... Maybe Detroit??
    Knicks fell in the draft, they're not getting LaMelo: maybe they take Lonzo?

Hard to say what I'd want from them though. Not interested in Payton, Randle, Knox, Morris, Harkless, Portis, Gibson, etc. They're not moving Robinson or Barrett, and I don't really want Barrett either.

Dae, you think it's more likely we move Zo or Jrue this off-season?

''For their first round pick and a good player''

What ''good player'' do you have in mind? Cause they're not trading Curry, Draymond is far past his peak, and I'm not interested in post-injury Klay.
    Wiggins

Dae, you think it's more likely we move Zo or Jrue this off-season?
    Well, first I have to emphasise that this is just my guesswork and speculation. I do not have, and never have claimed to have, any sort of connections.

I feel like Zo is more likely to be moved. We know what Gentry was a huge fan of his, and pushed for the Lakers trade before the deadline because of how much he liked Lonzo. Now that his biggest supporter is gone, that's got to be a mark against him at least on some level. We've also heard from MM (which you can take as seriously as you like) that part of the reason Lonzo swapped agents was that there was difficulty coming to an agreement on an extension, whereas that kind of thing is already kind of wrapped up with guys like Hart. Given that inability to meet on something early, plus the loss of Gentry combined with Lonzo's poor play, there seems to be some reason to suspect a trade may be on the horizon.

By comparison, Jrue's connection to the franchise seems as stable as it's ever been: he just invested more money in the community, just won the Teammate of the Year award, etc.

Wiggins
    You said a good player.

You said a good player.
    I wouldn’t mind looney or paschal

I wouldn’t mind looney or paschal
    hmm

You said a good player.
    But in all seriousness, I think Looney has some value but he's certainly not ''centrepiece of a Jrue deal'' good. And Paschall is bad.

I don?t see us trading anyone to be honest. Only way I see it happening is if Miami or Brooklyn offered something difficult to refuse.

If the Warriors offered the 2nd pick we could draft James Wiseman. I would consider it risky but what if that paid off???????????

Thread Information