Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Would you want budenholzer if the bucks fire him?

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    I would have to go back and check, but I would assume this is the first series he has been favored in that he is going to lose. The Hawks were dogs against the Cavs, and I have to imagine the Raptors were the favorites in the ECF last year (which was a competitive series). Something like what we are seeing may be what he needs to change. Your criticisms are warranted though.
    As far as I remember the Bucks were favourites over the Raptors last year as well. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure general was consensus was that the Bucks were the probable finals team.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    As far as I remember the Bucks were favourites over the Raptors last year as well. I may be wrong, but I'm pretty sure general was consensus was that the Bucks were the probable finals team.
    You may be right I thought the money line favored the Raptors but I think I misremembered. I placed a $500 futures bet on the Raptors to win the finals at +1200 the minute after they got Kawhi. I think I got the twitter alert from WOJ and within 20 seconds had the bet placed. Just don’t ask me how all my futures went this year
    Last edited by bogiesfedora; 09-05-2020 at 06:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    You may be right I thought the money line favored the Raptors but I think I misremembered. I placed a $500 futures bet on the Raptors to win the finals at +1200 the minute after they got Kawhi. I think I got the twitter alert from WOJ and within 20 seconds had the bet placed. Just don’t ask me how all my futures went this year
    You could be totally right about the betting numbers, I literally have no idea. I don't check them and I don't gamble.

But the discourse surrounding the playoffs from NBA writers and commentators was pretty in on the Bucks, I think. Less so than this year, but it was there. That's why everyone was so shocked when the Raptors dealt so handily with the Bucks. Then this year, Miami isn't a team most people had as a finals contender, and here they are mopping the Bucks up.

Bud don't got the juice

I think he has a record of choking in Atlanta too.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I think he has a record of choking in Atlanta too.
    It's not even choking, I don't think. Choking is when you have the potential to win and you do something out of the ordinary to mess it up.

Bud's whole problem is that he refuses to ever do anything out of the ordinary, and as a result they have little potential to win in post-season situations.

In that case, you're not choking, you're just outmatched.

Assuming Budenholzer explains to management what he (will have learned) from his losses to Miami in the playoffs, especially how he intends on improving the way his teams defend the three-point shot, I am open to him as coach.

Unless, he really is the one responsible for this... which, he probably should take responsibility for if he allowed a shooting coach to do this kind of insane damage...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHE3X9-WnPs

Quote Originally Posted by SoCal4Pels View Post
    Assuming Budenholzer explains to management what he (will have learned) from his losses to Miami in the playoffs, especially how he intends on improving the way his teams defend the three-point shot, I am open to him as coach.

Unless, he really is the one responsible for this... which, he probably should take responsibility for if he allowed a shooting coach to do this kind of insane damage...
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHE3X9-WnPs
    I honestly don't care too much about the defensive strategy overall. It works. They had the best defense in the league this year: it's just good fundamentals to protect the rim at high priority. Obviously you need the personnel to run that, and not every team does, but the actual concept isn't the problem, at least in the regular season.

If he got fired and we sat him down and interviewed him and asked what lessons he learned from his previous role that he can take forward, and he said something to the effect of ''I realise now that my minutes management priorities were a serious mistake, and that I was too slow to make adjustments when my team was struggling. Going forward, I'll keep my minutes low in the regular season but I accept that in the playoffs I need to be more reactive as a coach and more willing to play my guys heavier minutes'' then that's one thing.

But what's the likelihood of him doing that? When even after game 3 he was in interviews insisting that 36 minutes is too many. I know he played Middleton a heavier minute load tonight but that was after Giannis got injured. Imagine he comes here and refuses to play Ingram 40 minutes in the playoffs until Zion breaks his arm or something. Just absurd.

As for who broke Giannis' jumpshot, the majority of the damage happened under Kidd iirc

^ I think that is correct and makes me feel better. I easily see Kidd being that stupid but was having some cognitive dissonance trying to wrap my brain around Budenholzer doing that to him.

If Bud is available, I would absolutely hire him.
    I am not a believer in title-or-bust. I think he is one of the few coaches who is a difference-maker in winning, at least in the regular season.
    And I think it will be at least a few years before we have to worry about winning in the playoffs regardless of who we hire.
    Last edited by Biasvasospasm; 09-08-2020 at 10:44 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Point them out , what's the name of them
    Bulls interviewed Dan Craig
    https://www.sun-sentinel.com/sports/...rzi-story.html

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    If Bud is available, I would absolutely hire him.
    I am not a believer in title-or-bust. I think he is one of the few coaches who is a difference-maker in winning, at least in the regular season.
    And I think it will be at least a few years before we have to worry about winning in the playoffs regardless of who we hire.
    If you have any intentions of keeping Zion past his 7 year free trial, it is absolutely title or bust. (See Bucks and Giannis)

Thread Information