Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Nets Hire Steve Nash as Head Coach

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    The all important TP. Give me total points over just about every box score and impact metric painting Nash as comfortably better, plus my eyes
    Yep. Ignore Nash's monstrous efficiency over the long term. Ignore him being very arguably a top 2 passer of all time. Ignore him spearheading some of the greatest offenses in NBA history. Ignore all of it: Tony Parker scored more points than him cumulatively over like 19 years. Which is why, as we all know, Karl Malone is the greatest power forward in NBA history: sorry Tim Duncan.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yep. Ignore Nash's monstrous efficiency over the long term. Ignore him being very arguably a top 2 passer of all time. Ignore him spearheading some of the greatest offenses in NBA history. Ignore all of it: Tony Parker scored more points than him cumulatively over like 19 years. Which is why, as we all know, Karl Malone is the greatest power forward in NBA history: sorry Tim Duncan.
    LMAO!!!

Nash didn't do it over a career. His first team gave up on him and let him go without compensation. If ever there was a poster boy for a 'system' Hall of Famer, Nash wins hands down. Defensively he flourished in Phoenix, because they didn't play any under D'Antoni. Sorry, that's just a fact. He was good, and deserves his accolades, but he is not in the same league with Magic, Cousy, Robertson, West, Stockton, Paul, Curry, Payton, Parker, or Thomas.

As some often forget, there are two sides to a basketball court.
    Last edited by As I See It; 09-04-2020 at 06:01 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Nash didn't do it over a career. His first team gave up on him and let him go without compensation. If ever there was a poster boy for a 'system' Hall of Famer, Nash wins hands down. Defensively he flourished in Phoenix, because they didn't play any under D'Antoni. Sorry, that's just a fact. He was good, and deserves his accolades, but he is not in the same league with Magic, Cousy, Robertson, West, Stockton, Paul, Curry, Payton, Parker, or Thomas.

As some often forget, there are two sides to a basketball court.
    I would definitely put him over Payton and Parker is not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    For real, and that's not an insult to either of them.

Lebron James is the greatest SF of all time. Does that mean that I'm saying that Pippen, Durant, and Bird suck? Of course not.

It's a similar thing. Nash is a top 5 PG all time. Payton and Parker and Thomas are not. That doesn't mean they suck, everyone we're talking about is a HoF player here, but that's just how it is.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You are free to do as you wish...as am I.

It's not like Parker was some kind of defensive wizard, either.

I absolutely love this hire for the Nets. He instantly gets the respect of guys like Kyrie and Durant who I guarantee were a huge part of signing off on this hire. He is a perfect fit for Kyrie and can potentially get a lot more out of him as a passer. He has played under some very good NBA coaches. Most of the time he was given the free will the run the offense. Would have been ecstatic had this been the hire here.

Thread Information