Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Ingram got the KIA most Improved Player Award

Quote Originally Posted by dmarrero View Post
    \
    I LIKE BI A LOT BUT WE CAN NOT OVER PAY HIM. 25,000,000 - 28,000,000 AYEAR NO MORE!!! IF NEW YORK PAY HIM MORE BYE BYE!!!
    He will get a max deal that is estimated to be in the 5 year/$158 million range if the cap stays the same. Starts around $27 million in the first year.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He will get a max deal that is estimated to be in the 5 year/$158 million range if the cap stays the same. Starts around $27 million in the first year.
    If I remember correctly, his deal could span anywhere from 4 yrs/$124m to 5yrs/$201m depending on a variety of factors (for the largest possible figure, he would have to make an All-NBA team to trigger the Rose Rule).

The difference there is so huge that it totally changes the entire conversation. His highest paid year on the 4yr/$124m deal (which is a 4 year 25% max with 5% annual increases) would be $33.5m in 2023-24. That's a lot, but it's a totally understandable price for a player who will be 26 or 27 at the time, and will probably be around a 25ppg scorer on strong efficiency in todays NBA.

By comparison, his highest paid year on the 5yr/$201m deal (a 5 year, 30% max with 8% increases) is something like $46m in 2024-25. That's insane that's so much money. That's top 5 or 10 player in the NBA money. I'd feel a lot less comfortable giving him that kind of paycheque.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by dmarrero View Post
    TOP 30!!! HE DID MAKE THE ALL STAR TEAM!!! BUT SMALL FORWARD TOP 6 OR 8
    I would easily put him in the top 6 and I don’t think anybody can argue him being outside of that. For me he is in my top 4. Go look at the guys who are ahead of him and they are all 30+ years old. Ingram is 22 and the future of the SF position in the NBA. By the time he is 25 he should be the best SF in the NBA. I think in the next 2 seasons he can jump into the top 3 passing up Butler. Lebron, Kawhi, Butler, Ingram, Tatum, and Middleton are my top 6. There is nobody after the top 6 who is on Ingrams level. Personally I’m putting Ingram over Middleton especially on who I would want going forward. Lebron 35 y/o, Kawhi 29 y/o, Butler 30 y/o, Middleton 29 y/o, and Ingram who just turned 23 y/o.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 09-01-2020 at 10:40 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He’s worth every bit of it and more if that’s what his max calls for. When you look at other players who have gotten the max he is definitely deserving of it. He is now an all star at 22 years old and literally just tapped into his potential. People forget he is coming off of an off-season where he wasn’t even allowed to jog much less work on his game and continue where he left off with the Lakers. He defied most people expectations and had one of the best seasons of any wing in the NBA. Not only is he to be paid for what he has shown but what he is expected to show as well. That is no question a max. People get so hung up in what a max salary was 5 years ago and don’t take into consideration how much the salaries have jumped up. The numbers sound scary but they are no different then when the max was 20 million and still account for the same % of the cap.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Dunno...haven't worked out any list.

Ill guesstimate top 30.
    He’s is definitely in the top 30. Top 40 is an insult. Very good case of putting him in the top 20. When you factor in age he is probably in the top 15 players to build a team around.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If I remember correctly, his deal could span anywhere from 4 yrs/$124m to 5yrs/$201m depending on a variety of factors (for the largest possible figure, he would have to make an All-NBA team to trigger the Rose Rule).

The difference there is so huge that it totally changes the entire conversation. His highest paid year on the 4yr/$124m deal (which is a 4 year 25% max with 5% annual increases) would be $33.5m in 2023-24. That's a lot, but it's a totally understandable price for a player who will be 26 or 27 at the time, and will probably be around a 25ppg scorer on strong efficiency in todays NBA.

By comparison, his highest paid year on the 5yr/$201m deal (a 5 year, 30% max with 8% increases) is something like $46m in 2024-25. That's insane that's so much money. That's top 5 or 10 player in the NBA money. I'd feel a lot less comfortable giving him that kind of paycheque.

5 years from now, that actually won't be what top 5 or 10 players will be making. Considering how players of lesser value are getting paid.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    [/B]

5 years from now, that actually won't be what top 5 or 10 players will be making. Considering how players of lesser value are getting paid.
    It's true that the exact numbers of the deals will be slightly different in a couple of years but I think it's unlikely for the salary cap to grow enough in the next 4 or 5 years to stop $45m in a season from being a gargantuan paycheque.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's true that the exact numbers of the deals will be slightly different in a couple of years but I think it's unlikely for the salary cap to grow enough in the next 4 or 5 years to stop $45m in a season from being a gargantuan paycheque.
    Oh it most definitely is gargantuan lol.. But I guess I'm just saying it probably won't seem as substantial in 5 years in relation to what everyone else is making.

Thread Information