Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ingram got the KIA most Improved Player Award

Pelicans Ingram got the KIA most Improved Player Award

Well deserved. Just announced on TNT. Well deserved.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    I saw that. Congratulations to him; it is an award that is well-deserved.

Did I not call this!? Literally got attacked for thinking Ingram would be better than “trash” and turn into a decent NBA player. Bright future ahead for this kid and our team!! Well deserved BI!!

The Franchise
    Yea I got attacked by about 3 posters in particular for expressing how good Ingram would be. At least one was willing to admit how wrong he was.

This is why you can't assess value based on analytics alone. Or think you're some kind of expert in evaluating talent, while devaluing the opinions of others based purely on analytics.

Basketball Guru
    it was a hand full of us that said ingram would be good for us....you have to use the eye test in some evaluating over the stats because stats tell half truths.......i think 2 other posters and myself were the only posters who stood on that ledge and said ingram would ave 20pts for us......

congrats to the big dawg for making that jump and earning the award....

on a side note....i knew guardianangel and nichols would be on this thread not letting posters forget lol......im with yall....

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    it was a hand full of us that said ingram would be good for us....you have to use the eye test in some evaluating over the stats because stats tell half truths.......i think 2 other posters and myself were the only posters who stood on that ledge and said ingram would ave 20pts for us......

on a side note....i knew guardianangel and nichols would be on this thread not letting posters forget lol......im with yall....

Crazy thing is Ingram is only 1 year older than Trey Young.

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    Yea I got attacked by about 3 posters in particular for expressing how good Ingram would be. At least one was willing to admit how wrong he was.

This is why you can't assess value based on analytics alone. Or think you're some kind of expert in evaluating talent, while devaluing the opinions of others based purely on analytics.
    Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post

Haha you 2 helped me not feel alone on the Ingram island. Not only was it a handful that said he would simply be a good NBA player it was a handful that didn’t consider him trash and nothing more at 20 years old. I’m happy he proved us right but more importantly we have a star player for the future that is just tapping into his potential. Anybody that actually watched and followed this kid knew the potential he had being right on the brink of breaking out. I can’t wait to see these young guys develop!
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-31-2020 at 07:31 PM.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    Haha you 2 helped me not feel alone on the Ingram island. Not only was it a handful that said he would simply be a good NBA player it was a handful that didn’t consider him trash and nothing more at 20 years old. I’m happy he proved us right but more importantly we have a star player for the future that is just tapping into his potential. Anybody that actually watched and followed this kid knew the potential he had being right on the brink of breaking out. I can’t wait to see these young guys develop!

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    I was also on the Ingram train and had to "debate" the fact that he would be a good shooter.

I'll go even further. He puts on about 10 - 15 more lbs, he'll be a better player than Anthony Davis.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Congrats! Very happy for him.

Much deserved. There's a significant drop off, but he's starting to live up to the Durant comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I was also on the Ingram train and had to "debate" the fact that he would be a good shooter.

I'll go even further. He puts on about 10 - 15 more lbs, he'll be a better player than Anthony Davis.
    I completely agree. In today’s NBA I think Ingram is a more valuable player because of his ability to create for himself at all times and having the ability to create for others. As Ingram gets older I think he will naturally put on 10 lbs which is enough for me. Most importantly is he continues to get stronger. The weight and strength will do wonders for him when driving in the paint allowing him to take on the contact better and now getting moved so far off of his spot. The surgery he went through and time off he was forced to take with no activities whatsoever hurt him in this area. Ingram and Zion alone is a duo you build a team around. Lucky for us is we have a lot of great pieces already to go with these guys. On youth alone we lost 10+ games last year we should have won. This team is a lot better then our record showed and I could easily see us making a jump into the 50+ win team group in the next year or 2.

The Franchise
    Congrats to BI. I was skeptical of him and not going to lie I wanted Tatum but once Lakers got 4th pick I figured it was a forgone conclusion. Glad to be proven wrong.

Lonzo should have got the award.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonzo4MVP View Post
    Lonzo should have got the award.
    No Lonzo will win the MVP....MIP is too small of a challenge.

Well deserved

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    No Lonzo will win the MVP....MIP is too small of a challenge.
    He won't be getting MVP on a squad that has Zion and Ingram on it..

I've had to admit this year that I was wrong about Ingram: he took a huge step forward that I didn't think he was likely to take at all, and I'm happy to have been wrong.

But come on, really?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I've had to admit this year that I was wrong about Ingram: he took a huge step forward that I didn't think he was likely to take at all, and I'm happy to have been wrong.

But come on, really?
    Yes

Yes
    Just out of curiosity, where did you rank Ingram overall this year, roughly? Top 20 player? Top 30? 40?

Dunno...haven't worked out any list.

Ill guesstimate top 30.

Dunno...haven't worked out any list.

Ill guesstimate top 30.
    Okay. I would probably say top 40 but yeah the evaluations aren't too far off for us there. Just wondering.

Pelicans

\
    I LIKE BI A LOT BUT WE CAN NOT OVER PAY HIM. 25,000,000 - 28,000,000 AYEAR NO MORE!!! IF NEW YORK PAY HIM MORE BYE BYE!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just out of curiosity, where did you rank Ingram overall this year, roughly? Top 20 player? Top 30? 40?
    TOP 30!!! HE DID MAKE THE ALL STAR TEAM!!! BUT SMALL FORWARD TOP 6 OR 8

Thread Information