Pelicans Report

Thread: Nate McMillain is out in Indy

Nate McMillain is out in Indy

https://twitter.com/pacers/status/12...967533568?s=21

Keep an eye on him in our coaching search.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I can think of worse

Victim of his own success. Far from a perfect coach, but whatever the quibbles are, the Pacers under McMillan constantly overachieved in the regular season given their injuries and roster issues, which meant they constantly ended up in playoff series that were way over their heads.

End result? 17 games over .500 somehow this year, swept in playoffs. Similar things have happened in previous years for them.
    Basketball.

He could be In Gayle’s budget too. Definitely keep an eye on here with Jamelle already here as assistant.

Gayles budget is 3 to 7 mill?
    Last edited by superstar7th; 08-26-2020 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by superstar7th View Post
    Gayles budget is 3 to 7 mill?
    If reports are true she probably won’t pay Lue his asking price. Go on that scale.

Last edited by 13 - 3; 08-26-2020 at 05:52 PM.

I'm actually very glad we may not get Lue, now that I've thought about it some more.

Lue himself as a candidate in isolation, I don't really mind too much; there are quibbles about him but that's true for almost everyone, and he definitely has points in his favour as well.

But one thing I want to avoid doing, as a franchise, is just trying to play David Griffin's greatest hits, and refusing to adjust to the future. There have already been some worrying signs of this.

- Griff retains Gentry. Not his fault, retaining Gentry was a requirement, but then he also talks about how he loved working with Gentry in Phoenix, he wants ''fearless Alvin'', etc.
    - Griff brings over the training staff from Phoenix. Again, not an issue it's a training staff with a vry good reputation and track record. Good pick.
    - Griff compares Jrue Holiday to Steve Nash in his efforts to big him up as ''MVP Jrue''

If Griff's first move upon getting rid of Gentry was to go re-hire Lue, who he used to work with in Cleveland, then that sends a worrying sign to me. It tells me that he's just going through the motions and repeating himself. That's concerning because this team isn't Cleveland, or Phoenix. It's not 2007, and we don't have Lebron James. I want Griff to be making new decisions based on the personnel and the future we have here, not just trying to relive the glory days.

I think McMillan would make a great bridge coach. 5 years to develop your winning culture and if he becomes stagnant in his playoffs runs, you move on once Zion’s extension kicks in.

I like the idea of Nate a lot better than the others that have been flying around. I think he'll sort out this teams defensive woes if Griffin listens to him and brings in a 'missing piece' he wants.

Wonder if we can land Embiid? If Philly blows it up... Hear me out... I think they should look to go smaller and play Simmons as a PF who runs the offense. I think Horford/Simmons/Richardson is a great front court and if they blow things up they can trade Embiid maybe for Holiday / Hayes + picks?

Embiid
    Zion
    Ingram
    Redick
    Lonzo

Yea... totes legit McMillan would do fine with that

Hell even Gentry would win with that lineup

Quote Originally Posted by Dago75 View Post
    Hell even Gentry would win with that lineup
    IDK I feel like Lonzo would still find a way to lose us at least 3 games a year.

And then you have the inevitable 15-20 games a year Embiid misses due to his legs being absolutely knackered.

Plus, one of the issues that Philadelphia has right now is that they basically have nobody on the roster outside of like, Ben Simmons in transition, who can create both for himself and others.

That's an issue that lineup would also have: obviously we hope Zion gets to an initiator level sooner rather than level, and Ingram can do some secondary offense, but there's nobody there who can run offense consistently in the halfcourt. That's a huge issue.

give me mcmillian. as for the embid trade give em lonzo he is garbage
    I'm a grinder

Quote Originally Posted by tthier2 View Post
    give me mcmillian. as for the embid trade give em lonzo he is garbage
    So you think Lonzo is garbage, yet you expect Philly to trade you Embiid for him?

Thread Information