Pelicans Report

Thread: MY PELICANS DRAFT WISH LIST

Pelicans MY PELICANS DRAFT WISH LIST

#13 AARON NESMITH
    #39 Aleksej Pokusevski
    # 42 Nic RichardS

Poku is such a hot/cold prospect to draft fans as in he is either Overrated or Underrated. Him failing to 2nd would be criminal. I have big doubts on certain aspects of his gam and validatiity of his film against real competition but I still gamble a 13th pick on him if my top pick is gone and all is left are guards that I'm not a fan of compare to the next two years crop of guards.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-24-2020 at 12:42 PM.

I can see why teams are afraid to take him because GMs/Coaches could be fired before he ever reaches the US soil. He’s skilled but requires at least 40 pounds of weight and experience in higher level
    Competition In Europe. This kid is at least 3 years away from coming over. This is assuming he retains his mobility and agility after the weight gain as well as the ability to stay healthy. There’s a lot to bank on if you have 1 first round pick.

That said, I can see Boston drafting and stashing him as they have too many picks.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Poku is such a hot/cold prospect to draft fans as in he is either Overrated or Underrated. Him failing to 2nd would be criminal. I have big doubts on certain aspects of his gam and validatiity of his film against real competition but I still gamble a 13th pick on him if my top pick is gone and all is left are guards that I'm not a fan of compare to the next two years crop of guards.
    When you consider he didn't play in the top league in Greece, but more like the AAA league. Consider a hard new orleans thunderstorm wind might send him flying. And consider he just might not be ready for any meaningful minutes for 2 - 3 years, it wouldn't be surprising at all for Poku to last until the 2nd round.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    When you consider he didn't play in the top league in Greece, but more like the AAA league. Consider a hard new orleans thunderstorm wind might send him flying. And consider he just might not be ready for any meaningful minutes for 2 - 3 years, it wouldn't be surprising at all for Poku to last until the 2nd round.
    Poku played in the exact same Greek League that Giannis played in prior to the NBA, and it's barely a worse league than the garbage Israeli league Avdija played in but that doesn't stop everyone projecting Avdija top 10.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I can see why teams are afraid to take him because GMs/Coaches could be fired before he ever reaches the US soil. He’s skilled but requires at least 40 pounds of weight and experience in higher level
    Competition In Europe. This kid is at least 3 years away from coming over. This is assuming he retains his mobility and agility after the weight gain as well as the ability to stay healthy. There’s a lot to bank on if you have 1 first round pick.

That said, I can see Boston drafting and stashing him as they have too many picks.
    Disagree that he's "at least three years away from coming over".

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Poku played in the exact same Greek League that Giannis played in prior to the NBA, and it's barely a worse league than the garbage Israeli league Avdija played in but that doesn't stop everyone projecting Avdija top 10.
    Giannis ..... isn't Poku....

Giannis wasnt big, but he wasnt a paper weight either.

And I didnt say Poku will go in the 2nd round, I said it wouldnt be surprising if he did.

I knew someone would bring up Giannis. He’s an exception. 1 in a million. Giannis is like if every single star in the world aligned.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    I knew someone would bring up Giannis. He’s an exception. 1 in a million. Giannis is like if every single star in the world aligned.
    I'm not saying that Poku is Giannis, I'm saying that if the talent is evident then the league they played in should be considered but should not be in any way a deciding factor.

Giannis ..... isn't Poku....

Giannis wasnt big, but he wasnt a paper weight either.

And I didnt say Poku will go in the 2nd round, I said it wouldnt be surprising if he did.
    Giannis was listed at 196lbs when he was drafted. Dude was intensely sticklike.

None of this stopped us from drafting JAX 8th. Just Sayin'

Thread Information