Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Something good will fall to #13 or trade it?

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    Everybody keeps saying the draft doesn't have good end toplayers; but I just think it's that noone is sure of which ones they are.

The conference tournaments and NCAA tournaments are where these kids have always seperated themselves from one another, and since we missed them it just may be possible the really good ones are still there at 13th.... Take Nesmith. He only played like 14 games if he had came back and lit up the tournents and kept his 52 percent three point rate (at that volume) he'd be a legend,

P
    Don't draft players who have 1 skill.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Don't draft players who have 1 skill.
    Tyler Herro doesn't have one skill? Buddy Hield doesn't have one skill?

It still works

Plus we need off ball players anyway.

Offense will run through Zion and BI 99% of the time
    Last edited by AusPel; 08-23-2020 at 07:49 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Tyler Herro doesn't have one skill? Buddy Hield doesn't have one skill?

It still works

Plus we need off ball players anyway.

Offense will run through Zion and BI 99% of the time
    Definitely not, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Definitely not, lol.
    Yep.

Plus, I don't know how you can watch this team and determine that we don't need any more competent ball handlers. Obviously we hope Zion will get there, and Ingram can be good doing it to some extent, but the lack of competent halfcourt creators on this time is brutally evident every game. For the most part it's Jrue or bust.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 08-23-2020 at 02:03 PM.

I would trade our first for a player like Hero or Hield in a heartbeat. But alas, I don’t think we will find a player of that quality in the draft.

It’s wild. Watching the Nuggets game a few days ago and they were discussing bigs that they have drafted since 2013 Faried, Mozgov, Nurkić, Jokic, Hernangomez. Whoever is pounding the table for those players, we need to hire them.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

You absolutely don’t want to trade up in this draft imo. All for trading back or acquiring another pick for Jrue, but I think good players will fall to our spot. I can see plenty of hidden gems in this one falling in the mid to late 1st round.

Okungwu IS IT

Thread Information