Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Would you trade Ingram for the #1 pick and Wiggins?

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post
    Amazing. You would trade him for Ayton? Hypothetically.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk
    Ayton went 1st because that's who the Suns drafted. If Luka or even Trae everything is ok.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not in this draft, that's for sure.
    Well if you have a sure fire prospect this trade wouldn't be viable. That's assuming the Warriors win and if so would even make this trade.

I’m watching the Boston game right now. Can we trade BI, Zo, and two 1st round picks for Tatum and Marcus Smart.

Tatum is a BEAST and Short is the hustle player with skill that every team hopes for.

Boston aren't trading Tatum for anything short of a King's ransom, and if you get anything back with him it will be to help them; you're not getting Smart as a throw in.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Well if you have a sure fire prospect this trade wouldn't be viable. That's assuming the Warriors win and if so would even make this trade.
    Luka yeah, no way for Trae. For me at least.

Luka yeah, no way for Trae. For me at least.

I'm not the biggest Trae Young fan, but a 2nd year All Star averaging nearly 30-10 is certainly worth the 1st overall pick.

So you would make the trade without a sure fire prospect? That does not make any sense to me. Why take someone who you know what you have and trade him for a shot at basically a lottery scratch off?

I'm not the biggest Trae Young fan, but a 2nd year All Star averaging nearly 30-10 is certainly worth the 1st overall pick.
    I meant coming out of college. So you wouldn't know his nba stats.

So you would make the trade without a sure fire prospect? That does not make any sense to me. Why take someone who you know what you have and trade him for a shot at basically a lottery scratch off?
    This is what I'm saying. It defies most logic I've seen thrown around by people here and elsewhere. Never trade a surefire all star (who isn't asking out) for an unknown prospect.

This is what I'm saying. It defies most logic I've seen thrown around by people here and elsewhere. Never trade a surefire all star (who isn't asking out) for an unknown prospect.

Although i do agree with this logic, i would not give up the 1st pick for Trae Young. I just done want a small and weak lil' pg jacking it up from deep as my primary option for offense.

Im sure he is great. But only a couple of teams won a ship w the PG as their leading scorer..... isiah's pistons and curry comes to mind

Quote Originally Posted by HornetGuru View Post
    With the warriors being healthy going into next year they could think with Ingram they would be back on top.

If they offered this would you do it?
    If they offer a next year 1st round pick and a player yes!!
    but player for player HELL NO

Quote Originally Posted by dmarrero View Post
    If they offer a next year 1st round pick and a player yes!!
    but player for player HELL NO
    You realize that the Warriors will probably be picking at the end of the 2021 draft right? And you do realize that the Pelicans already have multiple 1st and 2nd round picks in that draft?

Interesting ideas here.

Looks like the Warriors are trading the pick. Woj specifically mentioned they’d want a player like Jrue. The Pelicans have an opportunity to unload Jrue for good value here.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Looks like the Warriors are trading the pick. Woj specifically mentioned they’d want a player like Jrue. The Pelicans have an opportunity to unload Jrue for good value here.
    #2 pick + Draymond for Jrue, who says no?

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    #2 pick + Draymond for Jrue, who says no?

I’m only trading Jrue if he asks out but I’d do Jrue for Wiggins and 2. I’d prob trade down a couple time trying to get next year and future year picks. Trade to Knicks for this years first, next year (unprotected) 1 and Mavs pick.

If I’m moving Jrue I’m doing a full rebuild. Moving Zo and JJ.
    Last edited by tdcreator; 08-20-2020 at 09:29 PM.

The Franchise
    Steph Jrue and Klay would be one hell of a starting perimeter line-up. Probably second best in the league.

This is why front office personnel make their money. If you can't take the 1st overall pick and identify a potential all-star than this is probably not the job for you. Ingram is a fine young player but he's going into his 2nd contract that you'll be forced to max out and he's still has some significant holes in his game where you question if he'll be worth said contract. Every decision comes with inherent risk. If we where to pass this deal and Edward, Ball, or Wiseman(or any other top 7 player) becomes an all NBA player and Ingram never improves it will indeed be a huge fail that get FO personnel fired.

The Voice of Reason Contributor RaisingTheBar's Avatar
    yeah no, just no

This is why front office personnel make their money. If you can't take the 1st overall pick and identify a potential all-star than this is probably not the job for you. Ingram is a fine young player but he's going into his 2nd contract that you'll be forced to max out and he's still has some significant holes in his game where you question if he'll be worth said contract. Every decision comes with inherent risk. If we where to pass this deal and Edward, Ball, or Wiseman(or any other top 7 player) becomes an all NBA player and Ingram never improves it will indeed be a huge fail that get FO personnel fired.
    If Ingram were in this draft, he'd be the #1 pick, no? I mean Ingram coming out of Duke or current Ingram. So why would you trade him for a lesser prospect? If you're trading a 22yo current all-star for "a potential all-star" then this is probably not the job for you. He's not a perfect player (yet?) but his scoring ability and efficiency don't really have me questioning if he'll be worth his mini max.

Quote Originally Posted by ml wave View Post
    If Ingram were in this draft, he'd be the #1 pick, no? I mean Ingram coming out of Duke or current Ingram. So why would you trade him for a lesser prospect? If you're trading a 22yo current all-star for "a potential all-star" then this is probably not the job for you. He's not a perfect player (yet?) but his scoring ability and efficiency don't really have me questioning if he'll be worth his mini max.
    Exactly, GMs who trade away their talent to continue to take chances on the next potential star/unknown commodity are who get fired regularly. At some point, you have to decide if the young all-star is who you want to build around or whether you want to just play Russian Roulette with unknown commodities. Would you be happy to luck out and get a talent similar to Ingram with the pick? But is that at the risk of getting a Bennett?

BI is basically what Anthony Edwards can be if he hits 90% of his age 22 ceiling. Literally everything has to go right for Edwards to be better than Ingram is at 22. This is not a consideration for me. This draft is bad bad. Like paying $10 for a 2 dollar bill

Time lines' are a real thing. Securing talent isn't enough you have to secure the talent all in the same window. We drafted Davis but because the franchise decided to skip steps we weren't able to get past the 2nd round his entire career with the franchise. The minute we either sign or match Ingram's contract we are on an accelerate time line. That doesn't mean we're "doomed to fail", but it does means every decide becomes the much more important.

Some people here some to be ok with the team being ok. Personally I rather wing for the fence and either hit a homerun or strike out.

Time lines' are a real thing. Securing talent isn't enough you have to secure the talent all in the same window. We drafted Davis but because the franchise decided to skip steps we weren't able to get past the 2nd round his entire career with the franchise. The minute we either sign or match Ingram's contract we are on an accelerate time line. That doesn't mean we're "doomed to fail", but it does means every decide becomes the much more important.

Some people here some to be ok with the team being ok. Personally I rather wing for the fence and either hit a homerun or strike out.
    Not necessarily. If you trade a 22 year old All-Star for an unknown draft pick in a bad draft, you could risk stunting the whole time line and wasting the Zion years trying to find a 2nd player (like a BI) to go with him, because you traded him away for an unknown. Just because BI gets a max deal does not necessarily accelerate the timeline. Not all the players on the team can be on rookie contracts.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    The trade would be Jrue for #2 and Wiggins. No way they move Draymond.

The question is would we draft Wiseman or Edwards as Ball will likely be Minnesota’s pick?

I say Edwards, but Wiseman is probably the better fit/need

Lineup

PG: Ball/NAW/pick
    SG: Wiggins/Reddick/Jackson
    SF: Ingram/Hart/pick
    PF: Williamson/Melli/pick
    C: Wiseman/Hayes/pick

Or small ball

PG: Ball/NAW/pick
    SG: Edwards/Reddick/Jackson
    SF: Wiggins/Hart/pick
    PF: Ingram/Melli/pick