Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Would you trade Ingram for the #1 pick and Wiggins?

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    The trade would be Jrue for #2 and Wiggins. No way they move Draymond.

The question is would we draft Wiseman or Edwards as Ball will likely be Minnesota’s pick?

I say Edwards, but Wiseman is probably the better fit/need

Lineup

PG: Ball/NAW/pick
    SG: Wiggins/Reddick/Jackson
    SF: Ingram/Hart/pick
    PF: Williamson/Melli/pick
    C: Wiseman/Hayes/pick

Or small ball

SG: Edwards/Reddick/Jackson
    SF: Wiggins/Hart/pick
    PF: Ingram/Melli/pick
    C: Williamson/Hayes/pick

i like that lineup...also come trade deadline if lonzo is not working out,,we can trade him....

The trade would be Jrue for #2 and Wiggins. No way they move Draymond.

The question is would we draft Wiseman or Edwards as Ball will likely be Minnesota’s pick?

I say Edwards, but Wiseman is probably the better fit/need

Lineup

SG: Wiggins/Reddick/Jackson
    SF: Ingram/Hart/pick
    PF: Williamson/Melli/pick
    C: Wiseman/Hayes/pick

Or small ball

SG: Edwards/Reddick/Jackson
    SF: Wiggins/Hart/pick
    PF: Ingram/Melli/pick
    C: Williamson/Hayes/pick
    If they don't mve Draymond then they don't get Jrue. The problem is that a lot of people seem to act like we must trade Jrue and therefore we have to just take whatever gets offered. We don't have to trade him. If the right trade comes up then that's fine, we make it, but it's not a requirement: if Warriors want him, Wiggins isn't good enough. Sorry.

Wiseman is not a good prospect, so I wouldn't draft him even with the 10th pick, let alone the 2nd.
    Basketball.

Watching a team that starts Ball, Wiggins, and Wiseman at the same time might actually kill me. It would be unbearable.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If they don't mve Draymond then they don't get Jrue. The problem is that a lot of people seem to act like we must trade Jrue and therefore we have to just take whatever gets offered. We don't have to trade him. If the right trade comes up then that's fine, we make it, but it's not a requirement: if Warriors want him, Wiggins isn't good enough. Sorry.

Wiseman is not a good prospect, so I wouldn't draft him even with the 10th pick, let alone the 2nd.
    You are pipe dreaming if you think we would get Green and #2 for Jrue. We would probably even have to throw in the 13th pick or a future first to get #2 and Wiggins. The #2 pick in a crap draft is still the #2 pick. Edwards is really the only player I’d want in the top 3. LaMelo is only a slightly better version of his brother. Wiseman is a lazy traditional Non-shooting big man who is a dinosaur in the NBA. How many meaningful games has Embiid won? We would be extremely lucky if Wiseman became anything close to Embiid.

Ball
    Edwards
    Wiggins
    Ingram
    Williamson

This is the lineup I would want to see. Two #1 and three #2 picks in the starting lineup. JJ stays has the 6th man shooter for the next 4 years. Shooting doesn’t age.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-21-2020 at 07:36 PM.

You are pipe dreaming if you think we would get Green and #2 for Jrue. We would probably even have to throw in the 13th pick or a future first to get #2 and Wiggins. The #2 pick in a crap draft is still the #2 pick.
    Then you don't do the trade.

We don't have to trade Jrue. It's not a requirement. He hasn't asked out, he's still a good player just not a superstar like some people want him to be, he's not ancient, and he seems to want to be here. We are under zero obligation to trade Jrue.

So if the Warriors don't want to pay the asking price then that's absolutely fine, they're well within their rights to do that, but then they don't get him. Because we do not have to move him. Us moving him is dependent on receiving a return in line with his value to us.

Then you don't do the trade.

We don't have to trade Jrue. It's not a requirement. He hasn't asked out, he's still a good player just not a superstar like some people want him to be, he's not ancient, and he seems to want to be here. We are under zero obligation to trade Jrue.

So if the Warriors don't want to pay the asking price then that's absolutely fine, they're well within their rights to do that, but then they don't get him. Because we do not have to move him. Us moving him is dependent on receiving a return in line with his value to us.
    I would take Edwards and Wiggins over Jrue. If Edwards goes #1, then I wouldn’t do the trade.

I would take Edwards and Wiggins over Jrue. If Edwards goes #1, then I wouldn’t do the trade.
    I wouldn't trade a good, quality player who actually wants to be here, for someone who is bad (Wiggins) and a rookie with a million very large question marks. Edwards is not Zion or Luka, he's not some sure bet. His ceiling might be all-star calibre, but his floor is bench microwave, and he hasn't shown enough to make me think he is more likely to hit higher end outcomes.

The year Kyrie was drafted it was a supposed 1 man draft. It wasn’t that Kyrie was supposed to be a generational talent, it’s that the rest of the prospects we’re supposed to be at best starting 5 players. That draft turned out 3 players who have turned out better than the #1 pick, and all 3 of them were drafted outside of the top 10.

I am with Pelicanidea, you don’t trade Jrue just because you want to. Even if the Warriors give you the #2 pick, Wiggins, and Draymond, it’s not worth it. Wiggins has a hell of a lot of warts, the #2 pick is a major question mark, and Draymond showed you who he was when he was called on to play a bigger roll this year. No, just keep Jrue and run it back. You will see his value rocket as the season progresses.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I think it would take a lot for Griffin to trade Jrue. I think he would lean towards trying to extend him over trading him.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I think it would take a lot for Griffin to trade Jrue. I think he would lean towards trying to extend him over trading him.
    Which honestly, I'd be fine with within reason. I feel like Jrue is going to age like Paul Millsap or something, where the fact that his game doesn't rely on top tier athleticism or speed means that he won't see dramatic dropoff the minute he turns 32 like some players do

Here's a much better question. Do you trade Jrue and #13 to move up and draft Killian Hayes???

Speaking of Millsap, I would love to find a way to get him down here and let him get in Zion’s ear. He could be a David West type vet who provides a steady hand.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Here's a much better question. Do you trade Jrue and #13 to move up and draft Killian Hayes???
    Sure, but right as you are closing that deal you might also want to get on Indeed.com and fire off your resume.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That is a much better question. I still think I end up saying no.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Sure, but right as you are closing that deal you might also want to get on Indeed.com and fire off your resume.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Watching a team that starts Ball, Wiggins, and Wiseman at the same time might actually kill me. It would be unbearable.
    I refuse to believe this, because you watched Alvin coach for five years and are still alive.

Quote Originally Posted by Fedupfan View Post
    I refuse to believe this, because you watched Alvin coach for five years and are still alive.
    Sure, but there's only so much a man can take.

Looks like we got 40 point Lillard tonight. We got a game.

Yea NO thanks! No way do you move the best young upcoming SF in the NBA who gives you 2 superstar young pieces along with Zion for an unproven #1 draft pick and Wiggins. Ingram would be the 1st pick if he were in this draft no question. Zion and Ingram are going to cause some problems when they start fully clicking and fully develop their skill sets.

Thread Information