Pelicans Report

Thread: Jason Kidd full of red flags

NBA Jason Kidd full of red flags

Jesus Christ . From spouse abuse to DUI’s. This is not the right place for him. Especially if he has a drinking problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Kidd

Kidd married his first wife, Joumana, in 1997. In January 2001, he was arrested and pleaded guilty to a domestic abuse charge for assaulting his wife Joumana. As part of his plea, Kidd was ordered to attend anger management classes for six months. Kidd completed the mandatory counseling and continued to attend on his own. He and his wife were both active in their church and were thought to have completely reconciled. The incident, however, would be considered a catalyst for the Suns to trade Kidd to the Nets that year. On January 9, 2007, Kidd filed for divorce, citing "extreme cruelty" during their relationship. He contended intense jealousy, paranoia, and the threat of "false domestic abuse claims" to the police as reasons for the divorce. On February 15, 2007, Joumana Kidd filed a counterclaim for divorce,[84] claiming that the NBA star—among countless instances of abuse—"broke her rib and damaged her hearing by smashing her head into the console of a car". The couple have three children: Trey Jason (T.J.), born October 12, 1998, and twins Miah and Jazelle, born September 26, 2001.[85][86]

On September 10, 2011, Kidd married Porschla Coleman, a former model.[87] They have two children.

On July 15, 2012, Kidd was arrested by Southampton Town police and charged with a misdemeanor of driving while intoxicated.[88] According to police, around 2 a.m. Kidd's vehicle struck a telephone pole and ended up in the woods a few blocks away from his home.[89]

Is this news to you?
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Is this news to you?
    The fact his name has come up as a candidate. Yes.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    The fact his name has come up as a candidate. Yes.
    I meant the abuse and DUI issues.

The moment Gentry was fired the thread was filled with myself and others saying ''hope we don't pick Kidd''. This is a large part of why. The dude should frankly not be employed in the NBA anymore. That's before you even get to his poor coaching.

Shamit all over it too

Kidd’s poor coaching record is the highlight of his career.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I've only seen people mention we are expected to consider Kidd. No one has said we ARE considering him. I can't fathom it. He's such a crappy person.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I've only seen people mention we are expected to consider Kidd. No one has said we ARE considering him. I can't fathom it. He's such a crappy person.
    I find it hard to believe that Griff, who got employed and immediately started talking about how much he values the ''human component'' of the franchise, is going to turn around and hire serial domestic abuser and multiple time drunk driver Jason Kidd.

whatever guys. i'd never rule someone out over that alone; you still bring him in and talk to him.

Quote Originally Posted by fullcourtpress View Post
    whatever guys. i'd never rule someone out over that alone; you still bring him in and talk to him.
    You'd never rule someone out for beating their wife to the point of broken bones? Jesus Christ, what would it take?

The Unabomber for next coach: yeah he blew some people up but I've heard he's great at the X's and O's

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Jesus Christ . From spouse abuse to DUI’s. This is not the right place for him. Especially if he has a drinking problem.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jason_Kidd

HELL NO!!! I AM OVER PLAYERS COACH!!! WE NEED A REAL COACH

Thread Information