Pelicans Report

Thread: Bulls fire jim boylen

Hall of Famer

Bulls fire jim boylen

The Chicago Bulls have fired coach Jim Boylen after two seasons, the team announced Friday.

Boylen was 39-84 without a playoff appearance after taking the head-coaching job in December 2018.

Will gentry survive

Not a surprise.

August 31. Over/Under?

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    August 31. Over/Under?
    Probably Over. Won't happen till the season is officially over.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Probably Over. Won't happen till the season is officially over.
    It is officially over for the Pelicans. I do not think the NBA playoffs have any bearing on the Pelicans decision whether to move on from Gentry. I would think if it is going to happen, it would happen before then. Given the abbreviated offseason, I would think they would want to move fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    It is officially over for the Pelicans. I do not think the NBA playoffs have any bearing on the Pelicans decision whether to move on from Gentry. I would think if it is going to happen, it would happen before then. Given the abbreviated offseason, I would think they would want to move fairly quickly.
    Nothing about our front office is about doing anything fairly quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Nothing about our front office is about doing anything fairly quickly.
    They may be negotiating another role for him. Unless some other team out there wants him as their geriatric offensive asst coach.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Unless they want to interview someone in the postseason before making a decision.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    They may be negotiating another role for him. Unless some other team out there wants him as their geriatric offensive asst coach.
    It's either Gentry retires or his contract runs out. Our front office just isn't that kind of aggressive or cut throat.

If they do fire him. It probably won't be for a few weeks of deliberation between Gayla and Griffin & front office.

Don't get excited for something quickly to happen. Our new front office is just conservative and slow.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-14-2020 at 04:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Unless they want to interview someone in the postseason before making a decision.
    Not sure that is an issue in the NBA unless they changed the rules. We hired Gentry while the Warriors were still playing in the playoffs.

What role would Gentry fill in the front office? He is a nice guy, but is that a role in an NBA front office “Nice Guy” or “Assistant Nice Guy”?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What role would Gentry fill in the front office? He is a nice guy, but is that a role in an NBA front office “Nice Guy” or “Assistant Nice Guy”?
    I'd put him on the business side. Head of community relations, corporate sponsorships, etc. A nice, jovial, semi famous guy to shake hands, be a face, etc. Cushy gig
    @mcnamara247

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    The Chicago Bulls have fired coach Jim Boylen after two seasons, the team announced Friday.

Boylen was 39-84 without a playoff appearance after taking the head-coaching job in December 2018.

Will gentry survive
    Apparently it only took 24 hours. I was ahead of it

Thread Information