Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 40 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 17 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Whiteside blocks Lebron and then Lillard hits a halfcourt 3.

Jesus
    Basketball.

Portland can't miss. Melo, Dame, Trent Jr, all hitting from deep

I say that and then Dame airballs lol

Lakers defense being stretched to snapping point by Dame's range is understandable

But why they just completely abandon the left side of the court and let Dame walk into the paint is beyond me

That's just unacceptable.

What a great night of Basketball.

Both 1st drop game one. I don't that's ever happened.

Kuzma airballs and Portland takes game 1 over LA.

That's the second time the 1st seed has lost to the 8th seed today alone

Those future draft picks might work out nicely after all.

Lebron with 23/17/15, first 20/15/15 game in NBA playoff history. In a loss.

Reminds me of when he had 51 in a loss in the finals a few years ago.

AD shot 8/24 tonight. 0/5 from 3. Just not good enough, frankly. He's settling so much for outside jumpers it completely removes his strengths.

Kuzma 5/14 and Caruso 1/6 as hype meets reality

Look at AD just parked up at 25 feet the entire possession lol

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	FB_IMG_1597809620113.jpg 
Views:	100 
Size:	67.4 KB 
ID:	6537
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

AD watching Dame drill shots from 36 feet wishing Jrue was there to save him rn

Favorite Laker fan quote... “Dame is the only one really honoring Kobe’s legacy.”

Hoping to watch AD fail is why I am still watching these playoffs.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    Favorite Laker fan quote... “Dame is the only one really honoring Kobe’s legacy.”

Hoping to watch AD fail is why I am still watching these playoffs.
    Shamit posted on Twitter that, whatever you want to say about the Pelicans, we constantly pushed AD out of his comfort zone and he improved because of it. In LA they've done nothing but enable his worst tendencies, and that's going to bite them in the playoffs.

He hates playing centre. In New Orleans, he spent 96% of his final season here as a centre anyway, and was 50/50 the year before. In LA, he only spends 40% of his time at the 5: they literally ensured they had enough legit Cs that AD wouldn't even have to play centre with the backups regularly.

In his last 4 years in NOLA, his at-rim frequency was going up basically every year: 29%, 28%, 36%, 37%. Clear increases. This is good. Somehow, AD goes to LA with Lebron, one of the best layup passers of all time, and his at-rim frequency drops for the first time since 2016-17 to 34%. And his percentage of shots between 10 and 20 feet have gone up, despite his accuracy going down on those shots. Lakers don't mind him doing it. In fact, they like him doing it even though it's not his strength cause it lets them use him as a spacer which is Lebron's style.

Lowest REB% of his career in LA. Highest TOV% of his career despite his AST% dropping by 4% this year; mostly because those passing developments he was being asked to make in NOLA? Yeah, he doesn't really get asked to make them in LA.

Highest 3pt attempt rate of his career despite him shooting his worst since 2016 from the arc this year. Worst 2pt %age since 2016 too. His TS% is up because he's shooting his career high from the FT line, which has nothing to do with how they're using him in actual sets and actions.

He's still been really good because he's a fantastic player and his talent takes him a long way, but the growth he was making year on year has absolutely halted this season, and in some ways he's even regressed.

It's kind of absurd. And I'm not just talking about this one playoff game, it's been his whole year.

I think it's been proven time and time again that LA stunts players while New Orleans has been doing a great job developing them. Hopefully we continue to do that with the new coach (since we may keep a lot of our support staff).

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Shamit posted on Twitter that, whatever you want to say about the Pelicans, we constantly pushed AD out of his comfort zone and he improved because of it. In LA they've done nothing but enable his worst tendencies, and that's going to bite them in the playoffs.

He hates playing centre. In New Orleans, he spent 96% of his final season here as a centre anyway, and was 50/50 the year before. In LA, he only spends 40% of his time at the 5: they literally ensured they had enough legit Cs that AD wouldn't even have to play centre with the backups regularly.

In his last 4 years in NOLA, his at-rim frequency was going up basically every year: 29%, 28%, 36%, 37%. Clear increases. This is good. Somehow, AD goes to LA with Lebron, one of the best layup passers of all time, and his at-rim frequency drops for the first time since 2016-17 to 34%. And his percentage of shots between 10 and 20 feet have gone up, despite his accuracy going down on those shots. Lakers don't mind him doing it. In fact, they like him doing it even though it's not his strength cause it lets them use him as a spacer which is Lebron's style.

Lowest REB% of his career in LA. Highest TOV% of his career despite his AST% dropping by 4% this year; mostly because those passing developments he was being asked to make in NOLA? Yeah, he doesn't really get asked to make them in LA.

Highest 3pt attempt rate of his career despite him shooting his worst since 2016 from the arc this year. Worst 2pt %age since 2016 too. His TS% is up because he's shooting his career high from the FT line, which has nothing to do with how they're using him in actual sets and actions.

He's still been really good because he's a fantastic player and his talent takes him a long way, but the growth he was making year on year has absolutely halted this season, and in some ways he's even regressed.

It's kind of absurd. And I'm not just talking about this one playoff game, it's been his whole year.
    The whole AD hates playing center things is so weird.

I didn't watch a second of any nba playoff game except this one and i loved every second of it... Just felt so good to see Portland take it to those dudes after the way A.D left with all the bitterness.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    The whole AD hates playing center things is so weird.
    The amount of stuff he's going to cost himself in his own career because of it is insane.

He's probably already cost himself an MVP award for it, and this year he may well cost himself a ring because of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    The amount of stuff he's going to cost himself in his own career because of it is insane.

He's probably already cost himself an MVP award for it, and this year he may well cost himself a ring because of it.
    I wouldn't say AD is the reason they didn't win a ring. Lakers are overrated and their roster was always a house of cards. Old Man Lebron pulls a groin. It's over.

Where's the media to say AD needs help?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I wouldn't say AD is the reason they didn't win a ring. Lakers are overrated and their roster was always a house of cards. Old Man Lebron pulls a groin. It's over.

Where's the media to say AD needs help?
    LeBron needs help is what they're saying.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Thread Information