Pelicans Report

Page 40 of 40 FirstFirst ... 30 36 37 38 39 40

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The elephant in the room is the politicization of the game. The kneeling for the anthem and social messaging turned off many staunch NBA Followers (even gaming was down drastically on NBA games). And, it may be awhile before they return (before you say let them go, remember...for every fan lost...dollars are lost). Already, Adam Silver has put the kibosh on this type activity going forward beyond this year in NBA arenas. I think the owners already have felt it in the pocketbook, which only means the players will feel it next.
    The game and sports have been political ever since the first Olympics. Please stop with this "im too sensitive for politics stuff so I can't watch."
    Professional sports has always and will always be political. If you can't handle it, take up knitting.

Sent from my SM-N960U1 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post
    The game and sports have been political ever since the first Olympics. Please stop with this "im too sensitive for politics stuff so I can't watch."
    Professional sports has always and will always be political. If you can't handle it, take up knitting.

Big thumbs up.

Can't believe we're pretending a sport that begins every game with the national anthem and has regular military celebration days is just now becoming political. What a joke.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Big thumbs up.

Can't believe we're pretending a sport that begins every game with the national anthem and has regular military celebration days is just now becoming political. What a joke.
    It's absolutely ridiculous that these grown men are too dense to realize this simple fact. Then complain about people complaining.

Shut up and watch the game.

Quote Originally Posted by LouisianaJoseph View Post

He wasn’t taking a position whether he was pro/con. He was just stating that it has impacted viewership, and could contribute to a multivariate analysis of why viewership was had declined. I disagree that it plays a large factor, since the audience of NBA vs the NFL is urban and younger, however, it was still a straw-man.
    Last edited by bogiesfedora; 10-12-2020 at 04:24 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bogiesfedora View Post
    He wasn’t taking a position whether he was pro/con. He was just stating that it has impacted viewership, and could contribute to a multivariate analysis of why viewership was had declined. I disagree that it plays a large factor, since the audience of NBA vs the NFL is urban and younger, however, it was still a straw-man.
    If you've been on this site recently, you know his take on it

Sports ratings have been down across the entire spectrum. Hockey's been down massively. Wonder why hockey doesn't have people lamenting its downfall, or calling out the nefarious politics of hockey.

If you've been on this site recently, you know his take on it

Sports ratings have been down across the entire spectrum. Hockey's been down massively. Wonder why hockey doesn't have people lamenting its downfall, or calling out the nefarious politics of hockey.
    Each sport is different as their audiences are different. I couldn't begin to comment on why Hockey?s rating are down, and I would generally downplay any causal link between politicization and NBA ratings, given the audience. However, I do think there is a causal link in NFL viewership, there is a large contingent of the NFL audience that is conservative and southern.

Naivety is not just a human trait; it's a thick veil that accentuates ignorance over intellect....fiction over fact...folly over truth. Some in here, wear this cloak well. Failure to acknowledge that half of the country is turned off by the politicization of basketball doesn't speak to the health of the sport...it speaks to the mental health of the denier or (should I say) lack thereof. Ahhh, ignorance is bliss, huh?

Hey, but, it's just a game...NOT!!! First and foremost, it's a business and when hit in the pocketbook, the principals really will get 'woke'. It's good to see that the Board of Governors just 'woke up'. Now let's see who follows.
    Last edited by As I See It; 10-12-2020 at 08:56 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Naivety is not just a human trait; it's a thick veil that accentuates ignorance over intellect....fiction over fact...folly over truth. Some in here, wear this cloak well. Failure to acknowledge that half of the country is turned off by the politicization of basketball doesn't speak to the health of the sport...it speaks to the mental health of the denier or (should I say) lack thereof. Ahhh, ignorance is bliss, huh?

Hey, but, it's just a game...NOT!!! First and foremost, it's a business and when hit in the pocketbook, the principals really will get 'woke'. It's good to see that the Board of Governors just 'woke up'. Now let's see who follows.
    And that's my cue to mute you.

Not interested in hearing from someone who, when disagreed with, reaches for the ''you must have mental health issues'' card. Absolute nonsense that any grown adult should see as beneath them.

And that's my cue to mute you.

Not interested in hearing from someone who, when disagreed with, reaches for the ''you must have mental health issues'' card. Absolute nonsense that any grown adult should see as beneath them.
    I Understand. If you can't hang...you can't hang. No problem.

Thread Information