Pelicans Report

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 29 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    ******** What AD or lebron wants. We need to show the players that they can’t just control things while under contract. Let him go on his own time. I can guarantee you that those draft picks are gonna be weak and those Lakers players won’t even be on our team in 2-3 years.
    So let me just clarify, your take is that we should legitimately have just let AD leave with no return?

We know he was likely going to LA anyway. So you're saying we should have allowed him to go to LA, just a year later, and got nothing for him? That's really the argument? Come on now.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    So let me just clarify, your take is that we should legitimately have just let AD leave with no return?

We know he was likely going to LA anyway. So you're saying we should have allowed him to go to LA, just a year later, and got nothing for him? That's really the argument? Come on now.
    When those players aren’t on this team in 3-4 years and those weak draft picks come that don’t make the team. You will see.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Black Mamba

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Oh well Davis got his way

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    When those players aren’t on this team in 3-4 years and those weak draft picks come that don’t make the team. You will see.
    It sucks, but it was either get something, or get nothing. We got alot for someone who was leaving anyway and didn't want to be here.

...Who cares?

You're legitimately saying we should have let AD walk for nothing because in trading him, we'll end up with nothing

What sense does that make? How can you justify it?

I wonder if this championship will have any asterisks because of the fragmented season and the bubble. I know there will be some A**es associated with it, but.......

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Oh well Davis got his way
    He sure did thanks to lebron pal griffin. We are a few years away and I’ll gladly ship jrue holiday or reddick to Golden st to ensure they won’t win again next year.

He sure did thanks to lebron pal griffin. We are a few years away and I’ll gladly ship jrue holiday or reddick to Golden st to ensure they won’t win again next year.
    Thank God you're not in a position to make any decisions.

And y’all thought my trades were bad .

I was one of a few people saying we should have fired gentry a couple years ago and I was right then and now. I wouldn’t be surprised if Griffin sends Jrue holiday to the Lakers this off-season for cook and some scrub.

I was one of a few people saying we should have fired gentry a couple years ago and I was right then and now. I wouldn’t be surprised if Griffin sends Jrue holiday to the Lakers this off-season for cook and some scrub.
    How much have you had to drink tonight?

Cope

Seethe.

Etc.

Again, it is what it is.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    LeBron gets foul calls every play, and cries to the refs if he doesn't. He travels all the time. They never call it.

You are not even watching a pure version of basketball anymore, so it doesn't matter.

Half the board was calling for Gentry to get fired years ago. Including me! It was not some niche position. He coached here for 5 years and people were calling for his job in his second season, you don't get to act like you were a prophet for being one of the many.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The Lakers earned the title. LeBron played this season on a whole different level. I don?t want to take anything away from that.

The PELS could have traded AD to Boston but AD said he wouldn?t promise he would stay in Boston and he made it clear he was going to LA eventually. Klutch got their way. But who gives a damn? AD stayed withNOLA 7 years. Our franchise never put a great team around him. Who?s the best healthy teammate AD ever had? Not cousins... who? It?s hard to be a professional athlete putting your body through Hell. I don?t like how AD disrespected NOLA but I understand why it happened. Good for him. They won a title. Now the PELS have to get better at basketball to beat them. And y?all know we got some real talent and the future is bright.

We missed the playoffs but we got ZION and Ingram. We also have great trade assets in Jrue, Reddick, and draft picks. Hayes is going to turn into a monster next season. Just wait.

Go look at Zion against the lakers on YouTube. They couldn?t do ******** to stop him. We just need a new coach and improve the roster.

Also, if y?all are mad about AD you should be angry with the poor leadership from Mr. Benson, not Gayle, and Dell Demps. The organization has improved dramatically since the AD trade. So, we will see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    The Lakers earned the title. LeBron played this season on a whole different level. I don?t want to take anything away from that.

The PELS could have traded AD to Boston but AD said he wouldn?t promise he would stay in Boston and he made it clear he was going to LA eventually. Klutch got their way. But who gives a damn? AD stayed withNOLA 7 years. Our franchise never put a great team around him. Who?s the best healthy teammate AD ever had? Not cousins... who? It?s hard to be a professional athlete putting your body through Hell. I don?t like how AD disrespected NOLA but I understand why it happened. Good for him. They won a title. Now the PELS have to get better at basketball to beat them. And y?all know we got some real talent and the future is bright.

We missed the playoffs but we got ZION and Ingram. We also have great trade assets in Jrue, Reddick, and draft picks. Hayes is going to turn into a monster next season. Just wait.

Go look at Zion against the lakers on YouTube. They couldn?t do ******** to stop him. We just need a new coach and improve the roster.

Also, if y?all are mad about AD you should be angry with the poor leadership from Mr. Benson, not Gayle, and Dell Demps. The organization has improved dramatically since the AD trade. So, we will see what happens.

We have waaaaay too many guards on this team. We have nobody to match up with the likes of a lebron, Paul George / kawhi type of player. We are very undersized. Those laker players won’t be on this team in 3 years. Hart plays with heart and Ingram balls but we need better. Gentry had no system and had us playing street ball basically out there.

https://twitter.com/ShamsCharania/st...93088773636098

Anthony Davis FaceTimed his ex-teammate, DeMarcus Cousins, in championship locker room tonight. Cousins is eligible for a Lakers ring.
    depressing as a pels fan

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    All we had to do was keep him and AD probably be happy here.

But Nahhhhh... I pass on that.

Is it true that only 17.5 people watched the NBA thing tonight?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    That would be all 17 of us. Bet Lebron will feel important that we were the only ones that watched him.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Viewership in these finals has been exceptionally low. There are tons of reasons for this.

1) NBA games happening during other-sports-season
    2) Fatigue for some: NBA season has felt like it's lasted forever due to layoff
    3) Viewership numbers have been declining for a while due to online illegal streaming being very popular
    4) Not a particularly thrilling matchup (on-paper) due to all the injuries. Obviously in reality there were some great games, but on paper.
    5) Lebron fatigue. I know a few people who just didn't watch because they're tired of seeing Lebron in the finals

Viewership in these finals has been exceptionally low. There are tons of reasons for this.

3) Viewership numbers have been declining for a while due to online illegal streaming being very popular
    4) Not a particularly thrilling matchup (on-paper) due to all the injuries. Obviously in reality there were some great games, but on paper.
    5) Lebron fatigue. I know a few people who just didn't watch because they're tired of seeing Lebron in the finals
    I’ve heard politics and people saying the nba was rigged due to Kobe passing away. The storyline they wanted.

The elephant in the room is the politicization of the game. The kneeling for the anthem and social messaging turned off many staunch NBA Followers (even gaming was down drastically on NBA games). And, it may be awhile before they return (before you say let them go, remember...for every fan lost...dollars are lost). Already, Adam Silver has put the kibosh on this type activity going forward beyond this year in NBA arenas. I think the owners already have felt it in the pocketbook, which only means the players will feel it next.

Thread Information