Pelicans Report

Page 37 of 40 FirstFirst ... 27 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Butler up to 31/12/11 with 5 steals lol
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Always had fondness for Butler as a player. Probably the player I get on the Pels in 2K franchise mode more than anyone else.

Butler puts the heat up 1 with 20 seconds to go

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Butler puts the heat up 1 with 20 seconds to go
    And AD with the response lol

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Always had fondness for Butler as a player. Probably the player I get on the Pels in 2K franchise mode more than anyone else.
    Just ignoring him as a person, he's just a relentless player. It looks nigh impossible for the Heat to win now, with Dragic just totally taken out and Bam still looking hurt, but nobody can put this on Butler. He's been as fierce as anyone could hope. Zero quit in him.

Butler draws the foul, ties it at the FT line. 16 seconds to go.

Butler makes the second, Heat up with 16 seconds.

It would make my heart melt if the Heat came back down 3-1 to win this series...and it would make Vegas lots of money

Butler posts 35/12/11 with 5 steals on 11/19 shooting and 12/12 from the FT line, playing 47 minutes, to push Miami to a win and say to the Lakers: Not Today

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    I said Lakers in 6. I'd love to be wrong.

Something that I just saw someone post on Twitter and that may honestly be true to some extent: That may have been ''The Lebron Game''.

He had 40/13/7 with 3 steals on 15/21 shooting, 6/9 from 3, played 42 minutes, had numerous clutch buckets. And the Lakers lost.

The thing about Lebron is that he's still incredible, but he used to be able to pull games like this out of nowhere routinely in the playoffs. Even just two or three seasons ago, he could rattle off a few of them in a row if needed. This post-season, it has not appeared to be the case. There have been numerous games where he has just not had it. Can't do it on command anymore.

If that was this series' ''Lebron Game'' and Bam is back a little healthier next game, do we see it go to 7?

How many fouls did the King Charmin have tonight to whine about?

Shouts to Duncan Robinson for going 7/13 from 3 as well

Butler in the Finals: 29.0pts, 8.6rbds, 10.2asts, 2.6stls, 1.0blks. 55.5%FG, 92.6% FT.

Anthony Davis aka Mr Glass May be hurt

Butler being moved so many times is an indictment of those teams more than of him. Trash franchises are going to trash talent. Glad he got the hell up out of those towns.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Butler being moved so many times is an indictment of those teams more than of him. Trash franchises are going to trash talent. Glad he got the hell up out of those towns.
    Butler is, from everything we've seen, a very particular personality. Not only do you have to be willing to accept that in order to really prioritise him, but you also have to be able to accept having a Main Guy who doesn't look much like most of today's other Main Guys. He's not a shooter, at all, he doesn't have a spectacular handle, he isn't going to score 35 points every single night, etc.

We're used to Main Guys being in the sort of ''scorer'' mould, especially over the last few years where people like Luka have started stamping their dominance through scoring and playmaking, guys like Durant have been elevated into the Top 20 All Time discussion primarily on scoring, etc. Of course those guys are very special and I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but because that's the 'standard' top player archetype, sometimes people just aren't able to accept someone who looks and plays nothing like that being The Man.

Butler is one of the only guys in the league that I can absolutely believe capable of either dropping 35/13/11 in a must-win game, playing all but 48 seconds, and then the next game completely backing off to take a secondary role if someone else is hot. He can be your First Guy, or your Fourth Guy, depending on what the team needs. Cares about nothing but winning, puts it all on the line.

He's special, but he's not the special we expect.

Minnesota trashing talent?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Butler is, from everything we've seen, a very particular personality. Not only do you have to be willing to accept that in order to really prioritise him, but you also have to be able to accept having a Main Guy who doesn't look much like most of today's other Main Guys. He's not a shooter, at all, he doesn't have a spectacular handle, he isn't going to score 35 points every single night, etc.

We're used to Main Guys being in the sort of ''scorer'' mould, especially over the last few years where people like Luka have started stamping their dominance through scoring and playmaking, guys like Durant have been elevated into the Top 20 All Time discussion primarily on scoring, etc. Of course those guys are very special and I'm not trying to take anything away from them, but because that's the 'standard' top player archetype, sometimes people just aren't able to accept someone who looks and plays nothing like that being The Man.

Butler is one of the only guys in the league that I can absolutely believe capable of either dropping 35/13/11 in a must-win game, playing all but 48 seconds, and then the next game completely backing off to take a secondary role if someone else is hot. He can be your First Guy, or your Fourth Guy, depending on what the team needs. Cares about nothing but winning, puts it all on the line.

He's special, but he's not the special we expect.
    It sounds like you are quasi describing a guy like Kawhi too. In SA he was that guy, in Toronto he could sometimes be that guy, now in LA he will never be able to be that guy.

I completely agree with that assessment of Jimmy. You delineate him, and everyone should in that same manor as well, but people wants a certain style of Super Star. Nobody is content with the Draymond Greens of the world being All Stars because “not everyone needs to score 30 points a game or have highlight dunks.” We live in a strange new world where guys like Zion are playing position-less basketball, and guys who are 6’6 are playing Center. People need to get used to this new normal.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    Anyone know if Dragic is going to play tonight????

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! pelicanchamp's Avatar
    The HEAT will win tonight. I LOVE the way they play. They play HARD all 48 minutes. I hate the lakers

Quote Originally Posted by pelicanchamp View Post
    Anyone know if Dragic is going to play tonight????

Haven't seen anything specifically but do not count on it. He's got a plantar fascia issue in his foot: it's not the sort of thing you can generally just play through. When it flares up, it can basically just rob you of your ability to move in any controlled manner.

Nobody can argue any of this. Herro will be a star in this league (either on his own or because the NBA needs a White Superstar next to Luka). It?s going to happen, and I?m here for it. I wish we had taken him as he can space the floor, and we need floor spacers. But hey, we have...Jaxson Hayes.

As to the East being the Heat?s, who can argue that? They are young, they are in the Finals, and they are a destination city (thanks in no small part to ample cap space and no state income tax). I can only wonder how they will beef up that team to make them more than just a one and done finals team like the Pistons before them. I will be pulling for them (like I pulled for GSW before KD went there). I am for organically grown teams that defy the odds.
    I don’t think the Heat need to beef up anything. Their entire core outside of Butler and Dragic have yet to even enter their primes. Two of their key players in Herro and Nunn are just rookies! Herro is only 20 years old and will be a future star likely to take a huge step in his game next season. Duncan is only in year 2 and looks like he can be a taller JJ Reddick or Klay Thompson. One of the best youth bigs especially in a modern day NBA is Bam Adebayo. Guy is a flat out stud who can do a little of it all offensively with great versatile defense and the kid is only 23! Another 23 y/o is Derrick Jones Jr. who looks to be improving into a solid SF and is a former NBA dunk contest Champion.

As good as Dragic has been I would be looking to upgrade him this off-season. If I’m the Heat I work out a trade with OKC bringing in Chris Paul who is much better than Dragic and does a lot of the same things at a higher level. Paul has played up to his contract and not like you are locked into it for a lot of years.IMO CP3 and Butler would mesh well and that fit for the Heat would be great for the team. That’s not necessarily beefing them up but I do believe it makes them a lot better. It won’t be a long term fix but I trust Nunn to be able to take over by that point and be even better then he would have ever been. Similar to an experience I believe Eric Bledsoe benefited from sitting behind a HOF PG in CP3.

This team is absolutely stacked with youth and the right amount of vet talent. They remind me a lot of the Pelicans from the similarities in certain players and the age of our core group along with the vets. I think this year we were the Heat a year ago. I think next season with the right coach we can be the Hest this season. Not necessarily making the Finals but that type of team.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 10-11-2020 at 05:22 PM.

Man I can’t wait for this game tonight! Would love to see the Heat take LeB**** to a game 7. The Heat winning this whole thing would be awesome and give lots of franchises a little more hope. Even being there has me believing in the next 2 years we can be right there.

Thread Information