Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Well, respect to the Nets for not just quitting but I basically expect that to happen 3 more times
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Well, respect to the Nets for not just quitting but I basically expect that to happen 3 more times
    I caught a game Vs. Raptors on Vet day weekends at the Blender. Raptors like Team Russia vs. Mighty Ducks from the 2nd movie. Just a bunch of brolic grown men.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I caught a game Vs. Raptors on Vet day weekends at the Blender. Raptors like Team Russia vs. Mighty Ducks from the 2nd movie. Just a bunch of brolic grown men.
    They're great. I remember before the season a bunch of people predicted them to miss the playoffs entirely, and it was just like, really? I get that they lost Kawhi but they kept Siakam, Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka, Van Vleet, etc, and returned Nurse as coach. People thought that wouldn't even make 8th seed in the East.

Wild.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    They're great. I remember before the season a bunch of people predicted them to miss the playoffs entirely, and it was just like, really? I get that they lost Kawhi but they kept Siakam, Lowry, Gasol, Ibaka, Van Vleet, etc, and returned Nurse as coach. People thought that wouldn't even make 8th seed in the East.

Wild.
    That’s just disrespectful, because the Raptors where 17-5 without him during the season.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    That’s just disrespectful, because the Raptors where 17-5 without him during the season.
    There was like an ESPN segment, wish I could remember who was on it, and both guys were giving their seeding predictions for the East and neither had Toronto in the playoffs.

Disgraceful analysis.

Korkmaz on the Sixers just got murdered by Tatum. Awful block call

Tatum's smoothness of motion is so impressive

Calling that as a foul against Smart is super cheap

Refs have called 3 fouls in about 45 seconds. Calm down with the whistles, boys.

Hayward trying to iso on Horford but he has absolutely no shake on any of those dribble moves and Horford stays right in front of him. Would have liked to see him back up a little to create some space, draw Horford out.

Robert ''Timelord'' Williams making some very heady rebounding plays there and some nice passes out from the paint but I can't get over him airballing that little push shot from about 3 feet.

''Brad Stevens electing to go with Robert Williams over Kanter''

That's cause Kanter stinks, next question

Complete defensive breakdown from the Celtics there, wow

Maybe Alec Burks could be a low key good signing for the Pels.

Sixers turning it over like they are The Pelicans

Not impressed with the Celtics or Sixers.

Man Joel Embiid is just the worst.

Ends up with a 1v1 against Enes Kanter and decided to shoot a turnaround fader rather than take it to the hoop.

Agains KANTER.

Jesus Christ

Jason Tatum: good at basketball, folks

Awesome drive and kick from Brown despite the defense completely collapsing on him, Hayward with the 3

I know it's just one game. I understand that. I know that Embiid can be really dominant, and that Jokic can have bad nights too.

But when I compare watching Jokic to watching Embiid I'm stunned that some people have an argument that Embiid is better.

I don't even know if it's wrong, it just feels like when you're making that comparison with Jokic you're missing the point

Alex Burkes misses an open pocket pass to a rolling Embiid in favour of his own off the dribble 3 :hih: amazing

Poor Daniel Theis. He was right, but he's never getting that call against Embiid.

Theis just keeps sealing Embiid off in the lane and Embiid has no idea what to do

Thread Information