Pelicans Report

Page 29 of 40 FirstFirst ... 19 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 39 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    So at the least, I think Houston will be yet another team looking for a head coach soon.
    It’ll be interesting to see who would even want to go there to coach Russell Westbrook and Harden who are stuck in their ways.

Is there anything more pathetic than Westbrook, down almost 30 in an elimination game, with only 9 points (at the time) on barely 30% shooting, telling Lebron James that he better double him?

There's a time to put the ego away.
    Basketball.

What could a different HC even do? Where do the Rockets go from here?

They have £130m on the cap for next season already. $81m between Westbrook and Harden alone. Another $37m for Eric Gordon, PJ Tucker, and Robert Covington. That's 5 players and we're over the cap.

The only players there who might be attractive for another team are RoCo, Harden, and maybe Tucker. Very few people will want Westbrook or his contract, and Eric Gordon is not great, certainly not $18 per season for the next 4 years great.

Do they move Harden? That's basically putting the franchise into full rebuild mode. Can't really try and build around them differently using picks, they already used all of them to get rid of CP3.

I also think we're starting to see the danger of the supermax now.

Maybe teams should look at Houston, look at Westbrook, and say ''hey, maybe we should let someone else give $200m+ to the visibly declining star who's about to hit 30''

So is Daryl Morey still considered a "genius" GM?

The Rockets should hire Gentry, because Gentry’s system is so money. We all know. We can testify.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

So is Daryl Morey still considered a "genius" GM?
    He's very good at certain things.

He's long been evidently awful at other things. Unfortunately, some of those things are very important.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

He's long been evidently awful at other things. Unfortunately, some of those things are very important.
    Very much the Philadelphia of the West. Traded away all the positive assets and sank gigantic money into horribly depreciating assets

Denver comingback from 3-1 series with Clippers now too

Do you have a Twitter?
    CAW CAW!!!

-Founder and valuable member of the Caw Caw Boyz-

The 1 team that wins a title -- GM did a good job (or, got lucky/were gifted things/had benefit of market, etc)

The other 29, as they get eliminated -- that GM is dumb....I would have done this and this differently (so I am smarter)

Its such a shame they dont pick 30 of you guys to be GM's. 30 teams would win the title every year
    @mcnamara247

I really like this Denver team. Big Honey is just a joy to watch. Nuggets vs Heat in the finals would be awesome!

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    I really like this Denver team. Big Honey is just a joy to watch. Nuggets vs Heat in the finals would be awesome!
    Totally agree. I think the Heat are going to have a lot of trouble with the Celtics though, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Celtics ended up coming out of the East instead.

Jokic is one of the few players in the league that I don't really know how anyone could dislike. I get it if someone hates watching Harden, or Trae, or even Lebron. Jokic though? He's just pure fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Silverfoxx View Post
    Do you have a Twitter?
    Yeah but I don't really use it at all, so it's not worth following

Totally agree. I think the Heat are going to have a lot of trouble with the Celtics though, and it wouldn't surprise me if the Celtics ended up coming out of the East instead.

Jokic is one of the few players in the league that I don't really know how anyone could dislike. I get it if someone hates watching Harden, or Trae, or even Lebron. Jokic though? He's just pure fun.
    Celtics vs Heat is a interesting matchup. Both teams are deep, fundamentally solid on both ends of the floor. Mostly young but with a CPL veteran leaders. I don't hate either one for making the finals. GOD I DON'T WANT THE LAKERS! It would be aweful for small market teams to see AD leave for the Lakers then immediately make the finals..

Quote Originally Posted by PeliKhan View Post
    Celtics vs Heat is a interesting matchup. Both teams are deep, fundamentally solid on both ends of the floor. Mostly young but with a CPL veteran leaders. I don't hate either one for making the finals. GOD I DON'T WANT THE LAKERS! It would be aweful for small market teams to see AD leave for the Lakers then immediately make the finals..
    I'm not really sure what I think about a Lakers/Nuggets matchup. LA is obviously the superior defensive team, but Jokic is such a unique matchup and I don't know if I trust LA's rim protection if they commit AD fully onto guarding him. If they don't commit AD fully then that means Jokic is going to have free reign on either a mismatch in size, or against someone like McGee on the perimeter, which is not a great look.

Then of course, one of the Lakers biggest problems is their lack of a wide-ranging number of perimeter defenders. Lebron's locked in a bit in the playoffs which helps, and AD has perimeter skills, so they can cover for a lot but what happens when Jokic, Murray, Harris, MPJ, etc, all provide the threat of a shot from the perimeter? Hard to know what they'll do with that.

On the other hand, Denver has no real defensive answer to Lebron or AD. Jokic isn't quite as bad as some people seem to think on defense, but he's certainly nothing special either, and I can't imagine Grant or Millsap becoming a lockdown answer to a driving Lebron.

In the end I can't bet against Lebron, so I think we might well see Lakers v Celtics in the finals. Wild.

So at the least, I think Houston will be yet another team looking for a head coach soon.
    Well that's that.

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/...s-return-coach

"It's with tremendous sadness and gratitude that my wife Laurel and I announce that our incredible journey in Houston has ended for now and that we'll be moving to a new chapter," D'Antoni told ESPN in a statement.

D'Antoni, whose contract expired with the end of Houston's season in the Western Conference semifinals on Saturday, turned down extension offers before the season.

He will be considered among a group of candidates for the Philadelphia 76ers' coaching opening, sources told ESPN.
    Last edited by luckyman; 09-14-2020 at 02:25 AM.

I wish I would've put money on Denver!

Doc Rivers could become available too! If this keeps up

Also just FYI Mike Malone was one of our former assistant coaches during the Byron Scott era if I remember correctly.

Nevermind I see he got extended.

This is all setting up for a Lakers title. Darn

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This is all setting up for a Lakers title. Darn
    Nuggets match up better than Clippers. Problem is if the Nuggets decides to show up before game 4.

Hall of Famer
    Nightmare

Lakers will win the title. I could bet easy money on it now

Thread Information