Pelicans Report

Page 27 of 40 FirstFirst ... 17 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 37 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Russell Westbrook the last 3 post-seasons

2017-18: 29.3 pts, 12 rebounds, 7.5 assists per game. 39.8/35.7/82.5 splits. 49.3% TS. 38.1% AST, compared to 14.8% TOV. PER 20.3
    2018-19: 22.8pts, 8.8 rebounds, 10.6 assists per game. 36/32/88.5 splits. 46.6% TS. 46% AST to 15.8% TOV. PER 16.0
    2019-20: 15.6pts, 8.2 rebounds, 4.4 assists per game. 39.1/16.7/46.7 splits. 41.7% TS. 25.5% AST to 18.3% TOV. PER 7.6

2017-18 BPM 2.0: +4.1
    2018-19 BPM 2.0: +1.9
    2019-20 BPM 2.0: -7.5
    Basketball.

The Lakers have a lob on about 60% of their plays that they just don't see.

Lakers spend 20 seconds of the shot clock making almost no movement, only to end up with a Rondo 30 foot brick.

Well, well, well, how the turn tables with Rondo.

Playoff Rondo decides to check in at 4TH Qtr in game 3 of the second series... Cute.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Well, well, well, how the turn tables with Rondo.
    Nah, he still generally sucks. It's just a make or miss league, and he's hitting today. He'll go 0/5 tomorrow and everyone will say he's been awful.

Rockets are done.

Never been a Rondo fan but funny people say his style can’t be winning basketball. Other then the couple bad franchises he landed in hurt where hasn’t his style won? Are people really gonna say Lonzo can’t do everything Rondo does and more!? Let Lonzo grow along with a few progressive tweaks to his game and we have ourselves a damn good guard that can win when surrounded by the right team. IMO we have the perfect team for his skill set. I can list PG after PG who took enormous leaps much later then 22 years old.

With the players we have we need Lonzo to play D and hit his open 3s while hitting the open guy and feeding our 2 stars. These are near elite attributes he has in his game and already offers. Not every player needs to be the alpha. We already have 2.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 09-08-2020 at 10:39 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah if we were acquiring Giannis (which I have absolutely no reason to assume we are) then Lonzo would definitely have to go, and probably Jrue as well. Ingram you can get away with because he's a good catch and shoot guy.

Not really sure how you'd reconcile Zion and Giannis together on offense.
    Yea having a Super Star all around player offensively would really hurt Zion and be tough for a coach to use. God forbid a 3rd really good player like Ingram to go along with those 2.

Rockets are done.
    Lakers look to have figured their defense out.

Hope Covington's okay, head just bounced off the floor there

I really think our team next season can hang with both of these teams in a 7 games series. We match up so well with both of them while giving them some tough problems they aren’t used to seeing. Our youngsters along with Jrue having another year together is going to do wonders imo.

This is gonna be a good series. Main problem Houston has is no big to cover AD in the paint. I don’t see Rondo coming off the bench with 21 again so I still have Houston in 7 for this series. Great game tonight.

That other worthless, overrated. All Star Point Guard came up big tonight when the lights were on. I just can't understand it...the charts say he stinks.

Man watching these playoffs has me so excited about the future. Our team is nothing but experience away from being a serious threat. We lost easily 10+ games just due to young guys making some mistakes to close games not to mention the issues coaching to close games. Had we just won half of our games we no doubt should have won or even had a full season to get clicking I believe we made the playoffs this season. This was a great learning year for our team and in a way I’m glad they got out of the bubble which sounds miserable for these athletes. With the right coach hire and our team staying healthy we are going to be a problem.

I wonder when the Espn tabloid will begin their "Giannis wants out of Milwaukee" campaign.

And of course, it doesn't need to be true.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I wonder when the Espn tabloid will begin their "Giannis wants out of Milwaukee" campaign.

And of course, it doesn't need to be true.
    It has damn near already begun. They're as close to saying as they can be without saying it lol

Gasol is completely washed.

Van Vleet 9 points in 30 seconds bruhhhhh

Van Vleet 9 points in 30 seconds bruhhhhh
    He's good at basketball.

Mannnn... Neutral site basketball with no jet lag is just the best environment for playoff basketball.

We'll never see anything like this.

Classic game.

Cannot say enough positive about Kyle Lowry either. He willed this win into existence for the Raptors.

He's 34 years old, has a bum ankle, and played 53 minutes tonight. Dude just goes out there every game and grinds it out. Not the biggest, strongest, fastest, or most athletic guy in the game, and he's not got insane handles or anything like that, but he's so smart and knows exactly what he needs to do to win. He's absolutely maximised his physical frame and capacity.

Ultimate winner.

The George Paul one is just disrespectful

Never trust a man with 2 first names. His dad's name is also Paul George and his mother's name is Paulette George. No I'm not kidding.

Thread Information