Pelicans Report

Page 26 of 40 FirstFirst ... 16 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Atleast Middleton is getting playoff minutes

What I wouldn't give to have a point guard like Dragic on the Pelicans team.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    What I wouldn't give to have a point guard like Dragic on the Pelicans team.
    I rather Jimmy Butler's Never Die Championship mentality Culture.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I rather Jimmy Butler's Never Die Championship mentality Culture.
    True Dat!!

Note that when AD finally says he'll play the 5 its

1) Against a team with no legitimate bigs, so he doesn't have to actually do that part of being a centre
    2) Against pretty much the only team where he shouldn't be playing centre. Through the regular season and the first post season game, LA has been far better against Houston when they use 2 bigs than with one.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

1) Against a team with no legitimate bigs, so he doesn't have to actually do that part of being a centre
    2) Against pretty much the only team where he shouldn't be playing centre. Through the regular season and the first post season game, LA has been far better against Houston when they use 2 bigs than with one.
    And it's really not gonna stop him from getting son by PJ Tucker. You really have another acoring big that would actually make that a mismatch. It's just rearranging the chairs on the Titanic.

Bubble Playoff has provided the best games since the 2016 playoffs.

Basketball Guru
    PJ tucker still gonna be on him..

yeah but houston switch on defense and majority of the time harden guards the paint so he should be on AD alot tonight if the lakers dont play iso ball.....i just dont want to see harden get 2 quick fouls in the first period and has to sit out almost the first half....

Basketball Guru

what you say is true but its also better for the lakers to play AD at the 5 so they can have another perimeter defender on the court to better cover houston 3pt shooters.....

it should be a better game tonight but i just see pj getting 3 early fouls and houston playing against the lakers and refs in this game...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    what you say is true but its also better for the lakers to play AD at the 5 so they can have another perimeter defender on the court to better cover houston 3pt shooters.....

it should be a better game tonight but i just see pj getting 3 early fouls and houston playing against the lakers and refs in this game...
    It's better for AD to play the 5 most of the time for that reason, but on defense it really hurts the Lakers a lot more than what they gain on the other side. They lose so much because the Rockets don't respect any of the Lakers shooters (which they shouldn't, because the Lakers don't have a variety of reliable shooters) which means they feel free to pack the paint on defense. The best way to mitigate that when you don't have better shooters to put out there is to utilise the vertical gravity of a lob threat to create functional spacing since it introduces another figure you can't help off.

That's why every time LA plays Houston, in the regular season and so far in game 1, they've been better with 2 bigs on than with just AD. So naturally, this is when AD decides that playing the 5 is okay.

High tier genius brain Anthony Davis.

Rocket true MVP is PJ Tucker

I remember a while ago when Russ got that gargantuan contract and most people said ''that's gonna be a bad deal pretty soon''.

And there were a few people who said ''no, he's only going to be [X] age when it ends, if CP3 can still be good at that age, Russ will still be okay, he's such a megastar''. Not many, but there were a few.

31 years old, 3 more years on his deal, dude looks washed about 70% of the time already. Hasn't shot league average TS% since 2016-17, defense was never all there but what existed has largely gone out of the window, and he's such an inconsistent decision maker.

34 year old Westbrook is gonna be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.

Lebron with the 28/11/9 with 4 steals and 2 blocks on 10/17 shooting to level the series is pretty neat tho.

I remember a while ago when Russ got that gargantuan contract and most people said ''that's gonna be a bad deal pretty soon''.

And there were a few people who said ''no, he's only going to be [X] age when it ends, if CP3 can still be good at that age, Russ will still be okay, he's such a megastar''. Not many, but there were a few.

31 years old, 3 more years on his deal, dude looks washed about 70% of the time already. Hasn't shot league average TS% since 2016-17, defense was never all there but what existed has largely gone out of the window, and he's such an inconsistent decision maker.

34 year old Westbrook is gonna be baaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaad.
    He's just a terrible fit with this Rockets team and more specifically James Harden. I thought Morey was insane for trading Paul for Westbrook. And I thought trading for Paul was a bad enough move by itself. Westbrook needs a team completely designed around his skillset. The last thing he needs is a team that requires him to take 3's. For him to be a net positive it requires him to have the ball in high volume which means less touches for Harden. And Harden is the better player so that makes zero sense.

I don't see how Morey fixes this roster unless the Knicks are desperate enough to take Westbrook after striking out else where.

Jokic is just so so good. Even if they end up losing this game, Denver has been putting LAC through the ringer tonight. Jokic has had everything.

I get that Jokic is a mediocre defender whereas a locked in Embiid is a really good one, but Jokic's power as an offensive engine is so massive that I cannot understand the Jokic/Embiid debate. Joker is clearly the better player.

This is so ridiculous.

First off, who is PatBev to criticise people for flopping? He flails around all the time.

Secondly, Jokic has shot 10 free throws combined in the first 3 games of this series. Montrezl Harrell shot 10 free throws tonight alone. Acting like Jokic is flailing around getting to the line all the time is just ridiculous. If anything, he's been getting a harsh whistle.

Jokic is just so so good. Even if they end up losing this game, Denver has been putting LAC through the ringer tonight. Jokic has had everything.

I get that Jokic is a mediocre defender whereas a locked in Embiid is a really good one, but Jokic's power as an offensive engine is so massive that I cannot understand the Jokic/Embiid debate. Joker is clearly the better player.
    The real debate is Jokic v AD

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Why do we have 5/1 odds to land Giannis? The hell does Vegas think?

Lest we forget, Jah scored 26 on the Joker on Halloween earlier this season (I think the Joker scored 13 or 14). I say this not as a 'put down' on Jokic, but as further evidence that there are two sides to a basketball court. For the record, Pelicans won.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    Why do we have 5/1 odds to land Giannis? The hell does Vegas think?
    That would be an ugly squad. Jrue, Lonzo, Ingram, Zion, and Giannis on the court... Somebody got to be coked out their mind to wanna do something like that.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Lest we forget, Jah scored 26 on the Joker on Halloween earlier this season (I think the Joker scored 13 or 14). I say this not as a 'put down' on Jokic, but as further evidence that there are two sides to a basketball court. For the record, Pelicans won.
    I literally mentioned the fact that Jokic is a very meh defender in my post, and that Embiid is superior. I don't need reminding that there are two sides to a basketball court, especially not when it's covered in the very thing you're answering.

That would be an ugly squad. Jrue, Lonzo, Ingram, Zion, and Giannis on the court... Somebody got to be coked out their mind to wanna do something like that.
    Yeah if we were acquiring Giannis (which I have absolutely no reason to assume we are) then Lonzo would definitely have to go, and probably Jrue as well. Ingram you can get away with because he's a good catch and shoot guy.

Not really sure how you'd reconcile Zion and Giannis together on offense.

Yeah if we were acquiring Giannis (which I have absolutely no reason to assume we are) then Lonzo would definitely have to go, and probably Jrue as well. Ingram you can get away with because he's a good catch and shoot guy.

Not really sure how you'd reconcile Zion and Giannis together on offense.
    I can see Giannis and AD Super teaming up before ever seeing that.

Who plays the 5... IDK lol

Looks like MVP westbrook is in attendance.

Lebron is so good it's kind of absurd.

Shame he has team mates.

Thread Information