Pelicans Report

Page 23 of 40 FirstFirst ... 13 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 33 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Hell even milking 27 wins out of that 13/14 Lakers team was an accomplishment just look at the roster.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Denver was down 3-1 in this series, right?
    Utah choked hard. Atlanta level choke.

Quote Originally Posted by NOMan78 View Post
    Utah choked hard. Atlanta level choke.
    Hard fought game 7 on both sides but yes Utah let it slip. Where is our Quinn Snyder fans at?

People say that Utah choked, but in reality Utah outpunched it’s weight class. They were down Conley for 1 game, and Bogdonavic the entire season. If anything this should put Utah on people’s radar for next year.

I am a Quin Snyder fan, and I think he had his team in a great position to play. I would still hire him 9 days a week.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Miami plays hard. Looks like they play a different sport from the Pelicans.

Goran finally getting the recognition he deserves too

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

Until the bubble, he was coming off the bench. If we had a 1 who could do just 75% of what Dragic does, I'd be ecstatic.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post

Did the just rest Goran until the playoffs?
    Why isn't Nunn starting anymore?

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    Did the just rest Goran until the playoffs?
    Why isn't Nunn starting anymore?
    I think Nunn left the bubble but don't quote me. I know he's back now.

Boy, I’m glad we drafted Jaxson over Tyler.

Jimmy Butler came awfully close to pulling a Russell Westbrook Tonight.

''It's Russell Westbrook time'' - Russell Westbrook

[this is not a good thing]
    Basketball.

I want OKC to win this so badly because it would be the funniest possible outcome.

That is OKC ball. James Harden touched the ball in the air before he reestablished position in bounds.

James Harden with a clutch defensive play in crunch time... Okay.... The bubble playoff needs an asterisk

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Not a Chris Paul hater - but that was not a clutch possession with it ALL on the line right there. no idea where he was passing it. That should be his ball, his moment.

Quote Originally Posted by neworleanshoo View Post
    Not a Chris Paul hater - but that was not a clutch possession with it ALL on the line right there. no idea where he was passing it. That should be his ball, his moment.
    Yeah... that whole play just looked horrible.

That was some ugly basketball tonight from some of the game's best.

Lol what was that

Chris Paul played like a complete ********** in that final minute.

Lakers vs. Rockets... It's like when two Pokemon with got weakness to each other attack... It's gonna be wild.

Lakers vs. Rockets... It's like when two Pokemon with got weakness to each other attack... It's gonna be wild.
    I actually think the Rockets are better suited to take on a team like the Lakers than they were the Thunder.

The Thunder have about 3 and a half good players on the entire roster, but Houston is very weak to good guard play because they have a priority on team defense, but don't really have anyone who is a true point of attack super-defender, so against a team that featured Chris Paul and (to a lesser extent) SGA, they struggled a lot. That's why it went a close 7 games despite the Rockets being (to most people) the clear better team.

By comparison, the Lakers don't have real guard play. They have no quality guards to speak of, really, especially not the kind who can create off the bounce for themselves. Yes, they have Lebron who often plays a PG on offense, but even he's more of a driver than the type of guy who creates dynamite pullups, which is something that team defense can help with a lot. If Lebron does decide to try and pull the shots from a distance then hey, you live with that. If you lose to Lebron shooting pullup 19 footers then that's just what you have to deal with.

I also think that, assuming your team has a good basic system in place, there are two super important things for a coach to do in the playoffs.

1) Play your best players and best lineups as often as possible, for as long as possible without overworking them.
    2) Make constant adjustments to counter the other team and maximise your advantages while minimising theirs.

The problem the Bucks have is that Bud is a really really good coach, especially in the regular season, and he has a really great basic system for them to run, but he is not very good at these two things.

He minutes manages in close playoff games like it's game 6 of the regular season and he's trying to keep Giannis' minutes down. It's just not the right approach when every single game counts. Giannis is averaging about 32 minutes per game in the playoffs, and this is down from 34 per game last year. This makes sense if the Bucks are just demolishing everyone and he's getting to sit in blowouts but that's not what's happening. Bud just doesn't like the idea of playing Giannis 38 or 40 minutes, which I understand,, but if you're ever going to do it, the playoffs is the time.

Chris Paul played like a complete ********** in that final minute.
    Disagree strongly. Paul wasn't great down the strecth (even though he and Dort were literally carrying the team up to that point) but this loss falls entirely on the corpse of Steven Adams, and Billy Donovan for playing the corpse of Steven Adams late (and really, for most of the series). Dude is a complete negative on both ends of the court in this series, and Donovan continued to give him run when the obvious play was to move to Bazley/Noel at the 5. The last two possessions are inexcusable, all Adams had to do was cut to the basket for the alley but doesn't even have the requisite IQ to recognize something as novel as that. Not to mention Schroeder was wide open in the corner both times and Shai somehow didn't see him (even though he's like, directly in his line of sight). If im being honest everyone playing for the Thunder blew this game outside of CP & Dort.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Disagree strongly. Paul wasn't great down the strecth (even though he and Dort were literally carrying the team up to that point) but this loss falls entirely on the corpse of Steven Adams, and Billy Donovan for playing the corpse of Steven Adams late (and really, for most of the series). Dude is a complete negative on both ends of the court in this series, and Donovan continued to give him run when the obvious play was to move to Bazley/Noel at the 5. The last two possessions are inexcusable, all Adams had to do was cut to the basket for the alley but doesn't even have the requisite IQ to recognize something as novel as that. Not to mention Schroeder was wide open in the corner both times and Shai somehow didn't see him (even though he's like, directly in his line of sight). If im being honest everyone playing for the Thunder blew this game outside of CP & Dort.
    Mostly agree. Was CP3 picture perfect the end of the game? Nah, you can nitpick.

But Adams had no business being on the floor the entire last 5 minutes, and that's on Adams partly but also Donovan more significantly. Bazley was far from a miracle worker this series but he had been better than Adams was playing in that game. Schroeder was awful all series.

Blaming CP3 for this loss would be absurd. He's far down on the list of people to blame.

Thread Information