Pelicans Report

Page 21 of 40 FirstFirst ... 11 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 31 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Raptors usually take a game for their defense to adjust and set in... So, Celtics take a 2-0 lead. Raptors are done. I don't see how they backdoor sweep them without a true superstar.
    It was game 1.. unless you are referring to if they take a 2-0 lead.

Quote Originally Posted by GuardianAngel25 View Post
    It was game 1.. unless you are referring to if they take a 2-0 lead.
    That is what I'm referring to. Next game is a must win.

That is what I'm referring to. Next game is a must win.
    I gotchea. Yea if Boston wins game 2 they are on the right path to win it all. Toronto is a great team but I don’t think they have the roster to come out of a 2-0 hole especially to Boston.

Hey gang. Checking in. We got absolutely rocked. Like.....We were Reggie Bush and Laura played LB for Seattle rocked. I've been through so many 'canes, now. This was a whole nother level. I came away lucky but wow. I don't even know what else to say. You probably won't see me much on here but me and my family are ok.

Love you all on PR.

It just doesn't feel like the outside world is still going on.

I don't have enough gold bond medicated powder for this.

Bergleflergle.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Quote Originally Posted by msusousaphone View Post
    Hey gang. Checking in. We got absolutely rocked. Like.....We were Reggie Bush and Laura played LB for Seattle rocked. I've been through so many 'canes, now. This was a whole nother level. I came away lucky but wow. I don't even know what else to say. You probably won't see me much on here but me and my family are ok.

Love you all on PR.

It just doesn't feel like the outside world is still going on.

I don't have enough gold bond medicated powder for this.

Bergleflergle.
    Glad to hear you are well. I will be in your area this weekend cutting up tree limbs and clean up. DM me if you or anyone you know needs help cleaning up. I volunteer with my church group, and I can put your name on the list.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I’m hoping Boston takes it all, but this may be the most apathetic about NBA playoffs I’ve ever been. The Lakers winning it all would be such a wet fart of a title. Surely somebody will remind them they are in the West, but honestly it’s been an underachieving year for the West too. Ugh

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Glad to hear you are well. I will be in your area this weekend cutting up tree limbs and clean up. DM me if you or anyone you know needs help cleaning up. I volunteer with my church group, and I can put your name on the list.
    Good man!

Throwing it out there for what it's worth.

Miami has three unrestricted Free Agents (possibly four if Olynyk opts out). If Goran Dragic is available, would you be interested if you were the Pelicans? This year he is making 17MM and is 34 Years Old and really hasn't started until the summer.

The other UFA's of note are Crowder and Leoaard.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Throwing it out there for what it's worth.

Miami has three unrestricted Free Agents (possibly four if Olynyk opts out). If Goran Dragic is available, would you be interested if you were the Pelicans? This year he is making 17MM and is 34 Years Old and really hasn't started until the summer.

The other UFA's of note are Crowder and Leoaard.
    I think we are set at guard and would rather use that money to retain the young guys we have like Frank and Hart. Having Lonzo/Jrue/NAW/Frank/Hart is already a crowded back out and brining in Dragic would just take away minutes from someone like NAW. I say keep this group together and let them continue to develop. I really think our guards can turn into one of the best groups top to bottom in the NBA. We need to be patient and let this team grow while filling in a couple of the missing pieces which for me is a backup SF and PF. I like Hart as a backup SF but think we need to bring in some more length at this spot. I also like Melli as the backup PF but again I think we could use some more depth here. It’s tough to find out what we actually need because we have so much promising young players. If it was up to me I would just continue to build through the draft while retaining most of our players we currently have for the right price. I would stay away from FAs but would be fine using some future picks to acquire the right player since we have to many picks as it is now.

Kris MidLevelExpection showed out.

How does Giannis only get 12 FG and miss all those FTs

Point well taken.

I'm not so sure that Lonzo is long for New Orleans. I could be wrong, but I think that boat has sailed. The longer we keep him, the less his value on open market with this being a contract year. I'm actually hoping that we package him with # 13 and move up for Hayes or Avdija.

So to clarify....

If Lonzo leaves; we will need a bridge until NAW is ready (unless we re-sign Frank and he makes a huge jump).

Chris Paul is ********ing amazing. That is all.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Chris Paul is ********ing amazing. That is all.
    With apologies to Pete Maravich, Paul is the best player ever to represent New Orleans. Period!!

I sure do miss Chris Paul. Seems like another lifetime ago.

Point well taken.

I'm not so sure that Lonzo is long for New Orleans. I could be wrong, but I think that boat has sailed. The longer we keep him, the less his value on open market with this being a contract year. I'm actually hoping that we package him with # 13 and move up for Hayes or Avdija.

So to clarify....

If Lonzo leaves; we will need a bridge until NAW is ready (unless we re-sign Frank and he makes a huge jump).
    I still think Lonzo is going to turn into a very good player. He made a big improvement on his shot and I don’t have any reason to believe why it won’t get better. We don’t need him to score 20 ppg and the skill set he has makes him a great fit for what we have around him. He just needs to continue to develop and grow his game. If he can just improve from the FT line and make another slight improvement from 3pt we will have ourselves a very solid all around PG. Sure it’s possible he doesn’t get much better but with how hard he works I’m betting on him. We already have to many draft picks and can easily package picks to move up if we like a particular player. The return on Lonzo would have to be really good for me to move him which I don’t think it will be. With his talent I’d much rather take the risk on him.
    Last edited by GuardianAngel25; 08-31-2020 at 11:02 PM.

Dantoni chokes in playoffs. Don’t do it Grif.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    His contract was way to expensive to bring him back. OKC kind of got stuck with him. Yeah I do miss him.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The first part of the millennia we were lucky at point guard: Baron Davis and Chris Paul. Since then...not so much.

With apologies to Pete Maravich, Paul is the best player ever to represent New Orleans. Period!!
    Still open seats on the trade-for-CP3-bandwagon

I still think Lonzo is going to turn into a very good player. He made a big improvement on his shot and I don’t have any reason to believe why it won’t get better. We don’t need him to score 20 ppg and the skill set he has makes him a great fit for what we have around him. He just needs to continue to develop and grow his game. If he can just improve from the FT line and make another slight improvement from 3pt we will have ourselves a very solid all around PG. Sure it’s possible he doesn’t get much better but with how hard he works I’m betting on him. We already have to many draft picks and can easily package picks to move up if we like a particular player. The return on Lonzo would have to be really good for me to move him which I don’t think it will be. With his talent I’d much rather take the risk on him.
    My only doubt with Ball is that he isn't a technical shooter. It's all rhythm and mental hurdles. He doesn't make any consistent shoots and shows little restraint on shooting his worst shoot.

My only doubt with Ball is that he isn't a technical shooter. It's all rhythm and mental hurdles. He doesn't make any consistent shoots and shows little restraint on shooting his worst shoot.
    Lonzo will be an mvp. You need to give him time. Next year he will go off.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonzo4MVP View Post
    I don’t know about MVP but I do believe in 2 the next years he will take a big jump by just slightly improving in some areas. He has a very rare skill set and a ton of talent. He was in LA being used as an off ball PG because of Lebron and only had 1 season somewhere he could thrive. He wasn’t consistent all season but he showed stretches where he can be a difference maker. He is only 22 years old and I don’t see why anybody is in such a rush to trade him. Our team is so young and have a ton of guys who will be developing their games to improve for a long time as well. I think Lonzo can have a huge impact on Zion which he has already shown how well he can create easy buckets for him. With the players we have on this team we need Lonzo to be like a young Rajon Rondo and IMO he is going to be much better. Like I said if Lonzo improves on his FT% alone to around 75% we have a
    14-17ppg/6-7rpg/8-10apg PG who can be an elite defender. That’s without improving on his FG% and staying the same on his 3pt at 37%. Can’t ask for much more then that!

I don’t know about MVP but I do believe in 2 the next years he will take a big jump by just slightly improving in some areas. He has a very rare skill set and a ton of talent. He was in LA being used as an off ball PG because of Lebron and only had 1 season somewhere he could thrive. He wasn’t consistent all season but he showed stretches where he can be a difference maker. He is only 22 years old and I don’t see why anybody is in such a rush to trade him. Our team is so young and have a ton of guys who will be developing their games to improve for a long time as well. I think Lonzo can have a huge impact on Zion which he has already shown how well he can create easy buckets for him. With the players we have on this team we need Lonzo to be like a young Rajon Rondo and IMO he is going to be much better. Like I said if Lonzo improves on his FT% alone to around 75% we have a
    14-17ppg/6-7rpg/8-10apg PG who can be an elite defender. That’s without improving on his FG% and staying the same on his 3pt at 37%. Can’t ask for much more then that!
    My only problem with this... A young Rondo doesn't particularly fit in the league or in our current squad. He wasn't particularly great in his youth outside of passing to 3 HOF players.

Quote Originally Posted by Lonzo4MVP View Post
    MVP?

Not as long as you have to take your starting point guard out of game in crunch time because he is a sub 50% free throw shooter (or at least take the ball out of his hands). Mechanically he's awful, but his decision making may even be even worse...especially late in the fourth quarter. Above all else, a PG has to lead...I'm sorry, he may possess a lot of great qualities...but leadership isn't one of them.

My only problem with this... A young Rondo doesn't particularly fit in the league or in our current squad. He wasn't particularly great in his youth outside of passing to 3 HOF players.
    This. I've said it before, but he's one of the most overrated players of his generation.

Overrated doesn't mean BAD necessarily. If you're a top 50 player, you're good, but if everyone says you're top 10 you're still overrated.

Rondo has one of the least impressive careers and resumes out of any player that people consider to be a lock for the HoF. There's a reason the term ''Rondo assist'' became a thing: his numbers do lie, or at least, don't tell the whole truth.

Also yes true, if Lonzo takes a +25% leap in his FT shooting and starts drawing them that would be a huge deal. Massive ask, though. How many players ever make leaps like that? We just had Ingram take a 20% leap and that was incredible, we're now asking Lonzo to make an even larger one within just a year or two?
    Basketball.

Thread Information