Pelicans Report

Page 18 of 40 FirstFirst ... 8 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 28 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Yeah and he'll hit social media with it later

''If you weren't with me when I was hungry, don't come to me with praise when I'm eatin [insert emojis]''

Then he'll go 3-17 in game 6
    Off topic.

How much longer can MyKnee Hurting live off that 2016 title clout?

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Off topic.

How much longer can MyKnee Hurting live off that 2016 title clout?
    For as long as people still pretend that that 3 pointer he hit was a gamewinner or something
    Basketball.

The Clippers are dirty.

Also, Kane Fitzgerald could get fired into the sun and not even his family would miss him.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Marcus Morris with an incredibly blatant flagrant tbh, ridiculous
    I hope he slips on a banana covered in an ice cube.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    I hope he slips on a banana covered in an ice cube.
    That must be a big ice cube

Kawhis hands are so absurd

Bucks seriously looking like they're boycotting the game. Do not blame them.

Bucks seriously looking like they're boycotting the game. Do not blame them.
    The league turns heaven and Earth for them to cash in on playoffs, but they turn their backs on the league...their owners...and their fans? Reciprocate their lack of appreciation....Kick 'em out the tourney!!

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    The league turns heaven and Earth for them to cash in on playoffs, but they turn their backs on the league...their owners...and their fans? Reciprocate their lack of appreciation....Kick 'em out the tourney!!
    Don't be ridiculous.

I'm working 12 hour shifts in a covid hospital and had like patient 100+ died in the span of 3 weeks in July. All I do is work and go home. It's tough everywhere. Can't really hate. Been battling depression since June when the bodies started piling up on my conscious

I want to make a Chris Paul showing up taking a forfeit joke, but nahhhh. They right on this.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    [

I'm working 12 hour shifts in a covid hospital and had like patient 100+ died in the span of 3 weeks in July. All I do is work and go home. It's tough everywhere. Can't really hate. Been battling depression since June when the bodies started piling up on my conscious
    Mental health issues are serious. If that's legitimately his struggle then I'm glad he's seeking help for it.

Mostly good although I do just want to say

This isn't a boycott. A boycott is what a consumer does.

This is workers withholding their labour from their employer. That's a strike, pal

Here is what I don't like about this...there seems to be no specific ask or outcome. General statements "stop police brutality" won't do.

If these players are going to use their platform, the most effective way is to be specific and tangible.

Get rid of qualified immunity for police, defund police departments, require X% of the force to live in the area they serve, etc, etc. All specific things worth championing.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Here is what I don't like about this...there seems to be no specific ask or outcome. General statements "stop police brutality" won't do.

If these players are going to use their platform, the most effective way is to be specific and tangible.

Get rid of qualified immunity for police, defund police departments, require X% of the force to live in the area they serve, etc, etc. All specific things worth championing.

They're still meeting.

I will believe that the season is over when the players leaves the bubble. Until then, it’s a statement move.

Agree I'm not sure what the ask is in connection with the boycott and it seems unlikely it's anything that can be enacted in a short term, even if everyone agreed to it, which they probably won't. If it's about standing up and being heard, I understand and support that effort.

There is a larger issue though that everyone has to to grapple with. Police shootings of unarmed suspects hasn't changed much in the past five years. Stats show there are about 10 million arrests annually in America (roughly). Of those arrests about 1,000 end up in a shooting by police. Of those shootings about 50-60 involve unarmed suspects and less than half of those shootings involve African Americans.

One unjustified killing is too many but the idea that you are going to eliminate police shooting unarmed suspects is utopian. If society is going to stop each time it happens, we will be in a constant state of chaos. I support shifting some of the roles of police on to other government actors, such as social workers, and reforming training on the use of deadly force and conflict escalation. But I also think you have to make decisions that correspond with data not just on emotion or outrage from incidents that are outliers when placed in larger context.

Thread Information