Pelicans Report

Page 17 of 40 FirstFirst ... 7 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 27 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I would not want him anywhere near this locker room with our young players.
    Hence, a very short leash and an incentive-laden contract to jettison him quickly. If healthy, no one can deny his value on the court.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    He was given the chance to test the FA market even after he dragged out the negotiations. He went into FA with that offer and another one that was more than twice what GS offered. He thought he was worth more and found out he was not.
    This is true. He got offered $40m, turned it down, told the media that he never got an offer at all, and ended up signing for the minimum.

I'd love for someone to be classless enough to offer me $40m, especially with the knowledge that I wouldn't even have to play for a year, since everyone knew Boogie was gonna have to rehab.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    This is true. He got offered $40m, turned it down, told the media that he never got an offer at all, and ended up signing for the minimum.

I'd love for someone to be classless enough to offer me $40m, especially with the knowledge that I wouldn't even have to play for a year, since everyone knew Boogie was gonna have to rehab.
    That’s misleading. It was in the context of free agency that he never got an offer during free agency. Which he didn't. He never received an official offer.

He got an offer in April through Demps. Boogie rejected wanting to wait to free agency. Deal was pulled off the table.

Then, Free agency came.

"It was a lot of,**We might be interested. We don’t know if it’s the right fit.**All of a sudden, I wasn’t hearing from the Pelicans. I wasn’t hearing from no one. That was tough. We in a nasty business, at times. I don’t even say that in a good or bad way. It’s just no place to get too emotional. The facts are still the same. I was expecting to be back in New Orleans, and I was proud of what we were starting there."

https://twitter.com/WillGuillory/sta...521304578?s=19

Defending an organization run by fired buffons or drama queen is nonsensical. They were both part of the problem. This problem of how Pelicans did business was a microsm of everything wrong in AD's tenure.

I guess some people just want to be in denial of AD asking for a trade was always inevitable and not avoidable. Our ******** poor front office and management drove him out more than AD becoming the diva that he is. No klutch sports, Lebron, or any of that nonsense.. It was just AD and front office.

The Boogie stuff was just a small part of it. Granted, I think we are much better off.

If Boogie had never gotten injured diving a loose ball on a FT. We would probably be consistent playoff contenders with a little big 3 in Jrue, AD, and Boogie.

It's an interesting what if scenario. We failed AD badly, but ehhhh. Screw him. We got Zion now. We just need to really focus on being a consistent playoff contender during his 2nd contract. Just keep building and acquiring assets if possible.

That’s all I really got for that discussion down memoriy lane.

Nobody is defending the Demps leadership Everyone knows it was bad, bad contracts were given out, bad trades were made here and there, roster construction sucked, etc.

It's not ''Defending an organization run by fired buffons or drama queens'' to point out that Boogie screwed Boogie as much, or more than, anyone else did.

Remember, he was telling us that turning down $40m was chess not checkers. Turns out he was actually playing snap.

The Franchise Contributor luigi modelo's Avatar
    Nobody is defending the Demps leadership Everyone knows it was bad, bad contracts were given out, bad trades were made here and there, roster construction sucked, etc.

It's not ''Defending an organization run by fired buffons or drama queens'' to point out that Boogie screwed Boogie as much, or more than, anyone else did.

Remember, he was telling us that turning down $40m was chess not checkers. Turns out he was actually playing snap.
    Exactly! I was a Boogie fan and wanted him to return, but he ********ed himself over.

Demps offering a deal in April is pretty much offering a deal in FA, so I'm not sure why you are going to such lengths to say that we didn't make him an offer. We made him his best offer by far and he turned it down, because somehow he was playing chess.

And, if we had a healthy Boogie this entire time, along with Jrue and AD, our view of Demps as GM would be different (which is a separate discussion)
    Last edited by luigi modelo; 08-25-2020 at 03:23 PM.

Dae

https://mobile.twitter.com/malika_an...52641098092546

There are many roads, but all probably leads to 0-1 lol

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Dae

https://mobile.twitter.com/malika_an...52641098092546

There are many roads, but all probably leads to 0-1 lol
    Not sure I follow.

Won DPOY and MVP before AD. Wow. Didn't see that coming

Won DPOY and MVP before AD. Wow. Didn't see that coming
    He deserves it. AD took his foot off the gas and started looking for easy ways out. Giannis didn't.

That said, I still think AD deserved to win DPOY in Gobert's first win year.

I love how there's an NBA coach who is just clearly coked out of his mind about 57% of the time and nobody cares

Lillard is out for game 5. And that is all she wrote.

Gotta say that I'm very very disappointed with the Nuggets this playoff series.

One of my favourite teams to watch in the regular season, Jokic is one of my top 10 favourite players, and they've just totally dropped the ball.

Yes, Will Barton and Gary Harris are out. No, that doesn't excuse it.

Jokic has been fine, but he hasn't been as great as he has been in playoffs past. Murray has had big scoring games but the other games have been flat out poor. MPJ can't defend anything with two feet and two hands. Malone has been totally incapable or totally unwilling to address the Jazz's offensive schemes which end up with MPJ constantly switched onto disadvantageous player. He's been constant hole in the defense and the Jazz have attacked it every time he's been on the court and the Nuggets have just done nothing to respond.

Stan Van Gundy is roasting MPJ's defense now

''Those last 5 points are on his defense''

''Mitchell split him twice on that one possession''

Stan Van Gundy is roasting MPJ's defense now

''Those last 5 points are on his defense''

''Mitchell split him twice on that one possession''
    He's pretty much put his defense on flames. Won't shut up about it.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He's pretty much put his defense on flames. Won't shut up about it.
    In SVG's defense, MPJ really is legitimately awful on D.

Jamal Murray Games 2 and 3? Garbage

Jamal Murray games 1, 4 and 5?

Greatest scorer of all time

Jamal Murray totals in Games 2 and 3 in this series:

26pts, 8 rebounds, 10 assists on 11/29 shooting (37.9%) and 3/10 from 3 (30%)
    (13pts, 4rebounds, 5 assists per game)

Jamal Murray totals in Games 1, 4, 5:

128 points, 24 rebounds, 24 assists on 48/78 shooting (61.5%) and 18/32 from 3 (56.2%)
    (42.6pts, 8 rebounds, 8 assists per game)

Mavericks putting themselves in a huge hole with these turnovers. 7 of them in the first quarter alone leading to 16 points off turnovers. Explains a huge chunk of the disparity.

I guess the Pandemic P Curve got flatten.

I guess the Pandemic P Curve got flatten.
    Yeah and he'll hit social media with it later

''If you weren't with me when I was hungry, don't come to me with praise when I'm eatin [insert emojis]''

Then he'll go 3-17 in game 6

Marcus Morris with an incredibly blatant flagrant tbh, ridiculous

Thread Information