Pelicans Report

Page 15 of 40 FirstFirst ... 5 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 25 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Chris Webber talking endlessly about how Denver look better with Millsap than MPJ right now, has said so much without mentioning the obvious fact that MPJ is a turnstile on D and Millsap isn't.
    Basketball.

''It's Jordan Clarkson time'' - Jordan Clarkson

Random thought of the day but I'm trending towards thinking Toronto will win it all. Best defense and most well rounded team in the playoffs. Just insane how deep they are.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Random thought of the day but I'm trending towards thinking Toronto will win it all. Best defense and most well rounded team in the playoffs. Just insane how deep they are.
    I'm not sure. They're obviously very very good, Nick Nurse is a fantastic coach, but they have so little creation. They were a not-that-good offensive team all year, carried by their defense, and so far they've dominated the Nets but that's exactly what you would expect.

I think the Raptors/Celtics series is going to be a bloodbath, if Lowry is okay. We still don't have the news back on his injury severity yet. If Lowry is out, the Celtics will take it fairly cleanly.

I think the Mavs vs Celtics is going to be a great Finals series.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

What I would give to get Quinn Snyder on this bench.

How does Chris Webber breathe without assistance? Clueless.

MPJ doesn't know how to trap

Imagine the Jazz with Bogdonvic. The West is going to be brutal next year.

Murray nailed that 3 but the refs just ignored the blatant foul

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Murray nailed that 3 but the refs just ignored the blatant foul
    But they call that one for Conley lol

MPJ's defense is bowling shoe ugly. Awful footwork, super stiff, doesn't quite look like he knows what he's doing, constantly off balance as a result of all of this, just awful

Flamethrower!

Jamal Murray is so inconsistent but when he's on it's beautiful

Mitchell and Murray dueling it out. Fantastic game.

I don't think we'll ever see a playoff season with such insane individual scoring.

I love watching Donovan Mitchell when he's cooking. Nuggets have had absolutely no answers for him in this series.

Gobert gets away with so much stuff.

What a great game. Games like makes we want to draft a guy like Cole Anthony and prays that his game translate better than it did the college game.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    What a great game. Games like makes we want to draft a guy like Cole Anthony and prays that his game translate better than it did the college game.
    I think it will, as long as he goes to a team that has some structure and some other good players to take the pressure off him. Which is why I think it's probably a good thing for him in the long run that his draft stock has dropped: if he went to the Knicks or something and just got given the ball and asked to save them, it wouldn't end well. Going at like, #14 or something, means that he's likely to go somewhere that has at least a lil sumthin going on

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Gobert gets away with so much stuff.
    True, but people hack the hell out of him and get away with it too, so...karma?

I hate when games turn to free throw contests. Such.A.Drag.

Nuggets just don't have the wing defense for the Jazz. That's what it comes down to. They have nobody they can reliably put on Mitchell and trust to do a decent job.

What could the Nuggs offer that would even get the Pels wet?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    What could the Nuggs offer that would even get the Pels wet?
    No idea. I initially thought Millsap maybe as a centrepiece, I thought he was on like $25m for this year and next, but turns out he's expiring now and it's $30m anyway lol.

Obviously they wouldn't deal Jokic or Murray. I don't think Gary Harris is enough, really.

I would definitely be demanding Monte Morris and their 2021+2023 FRPs though.

Thread Information