Pelicans Report

Page 10 of 40 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 20 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

I always wonder when people say that Harden and Doncic are the same. Webber is running through it now, and it still doesn't make sense to me.
    Basketball.

Luka looking at the sideline and just straight up telling Carlisle not to take him out, refusing to leave the game, is such cool guy stuff

The neutral field affect has made the bubble season the GOAT idea success. Just a super competitive product without the bright lights... Unless you're Lonzo.

Paul George scores his first bucket of the night halfway through the 3rd quarter.

Dude's playing like Playoff P alright

Mavs helping literally off PG13 by literally 20 feet and it isn't hurting them at all

Bad technical. Third bad tech in this series alone.

Quote Originally Posted by Biasvasospasm View Post
    Do you think the Sixers would do Horford, Thybulle, and a first for Jrue and a second or two? He has been a really bad fit for them and that contract is going to be ROUGH on the back end.

I think they love Thybulle and so wouldn't do it, but Jrue could really help them.
    A few hours late, but listening to Keith Pompay of the Locked on 76ers podcast, he touched on Thybulle, Horford, and Richardson. The 76ers have this odd mix of talent, and a lot of them are in bad contracts. If you were to move Jrue back to Philly you would have to take Horford for $$$ reasons, but you could also pull both Thybulle and Richardson, as that team will be going over the luxury tax when they resign Simmons. Both of those guys are young talents, and while Richardson is older (26) every year that he has been in the league he has gotten better. He is completely misused in Philly ATM, and with his contract coming up in 2 years he would be a likely trade asset for them. If you can put he and Thybulle on your bench and in your rotation you would be in good shape.

Seriously, the 76ers roster is such a mess. It looks like our did back when Demps was dishing out big money to Asik, and we couldn’t get out of our own way.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Dallas managing to hold to this lead during a pretty damn long stretch of Luka sat on the bench bodes well for them in the 4th, especially when they're holding it even as Paul George starts to contribute to the game.

If Dallas want to keep the hopes of this series alive they kinda need to win this one.

I have nothing against the Clippers (as a team they seem fine to me), but I would love to see both LA teams bumped out before the finals. I hate that market. I hate that market with the energy of 1,000,000,000 Suns.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Seriously, the 76ers roster is such a mess. It looks like our did back when Demps was dishing out big money to Asik, and we couldn’t get out of our own way.
    Every Sixers fan I know hates how their roster has been put together. A lot of them basically agree that they've done the worst job building around Simmons and Embiid imaginable.

I have nothing against the Clippers (as a team they seem fine to me), but I would love to see both LA teams bumped out before the finals. I hate that market. I hate that market with the energy of 1,000,000,000 Suns.
    Mavs in the Finals pls

Trey Burke, now there is a role player that every team in the bubble could use (and the 76ers especially could use him, but they went with Raul Neto instead).

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Every Sixers fan I know hates how their roster has been put together. A lot of them basically agree that they've done the worst job building around Simmons and Embiid imaginable.
    Which is really something considering both players deficiencies are very evident, so filling in the gaps (with all that money they had) should have been fairly simple.

Like, they let JJ walk, and they need shooting. They signed Horford, but he doesn’t fit next to Embiid. They really did a bad job.

Lol Paul George stinks so bad

Which is really something considering both players deficiencies are very evident, so filling in the gaps (with all that money they had) should have been fairly simple.

Like, they let JJ walk, and they need shooting. They signed Horford, but he doesn’t fit next to Embiid. They really did a bad job.
    Given that they have basically nobody outside of Simmons who can both dribble and pass, they could have really used someone like Jimmy Butler too.

If only

Mavs in the Finals pls
    Deep down inside I do too, but Dallas fans in general are a pill, so I don’t want them to have the satisfaction. But yes, I am here for the Euro All Stars. It’s funny, but do you recall there was like a solid decade 95-05, where Euros were considered all fines, and not well rounded. Now you see Luka, Porzingas, Kleiber, and those are guys who can play both ways.

Lol Paul George stinks so bad
    Indeed. I used to describe Dwight Howard’s career (going from Orlando to LA to Houston to etc., etc.) as going from Saks Fifth Ave. Dwight, to Costco Dwight, to Wal Mart Dwight, to thrift store Dwight, to trash bin Dwight. Where with every new stop his game made a drop off in quality. Now he is somewhat retro so I guess he is back to being Costco Dwight.

George right now is Costco George. He isn’t as impressive as he once was.

Deep down inside I do too, but Dallas fans in general are a pill, so I don’t want them to have the satisfaction. But yes, I am here for the Euro All Stars. It’s funny, but do you recall there was like a solid decade 95-05, where Euros were considered all fines, and not well rounded. Now you see Luka, Porzingas, Kleiber, and those are guys who can play both ways.
    I don't recall that cause I'm far too young but yeah I know that there's this historical image of Euro players as being X and Y, but thank goodness that image is changing somewhat.

Indeed. I used to describe Dwight Howard’s career (going from Orlando to LA to Houston to etc., etc.) as going from Saks Fifth Ave. Dwight, to Costco Dwight, to Wal Mart Dwight, to thrift store Dwight, to trash bin Dwight. Where with every new stop his game made a drop off in quality. Now he is somewhat retro so I guess he is back to being Costco Dwight.

George right now is Costco George. He isn’t as impressive as he once was.
    The gall of someone like him to call himself Playoff P when he hasn't been the best player in a playoff series since like 2014 or something. There was an argument a few years back that he was a top ten player, on the lower end but sure, but these days there's no way I accept that.

Edit: just remembered that PG13 had a Gatorade advertisement where he hit a gamewinner before he'd ever had one in real life and cringed internally at how lame that is.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 08-19-2020 at 10:36 PM.

Dallas offense has beaten the Clippers into a straight up zone on D lol

The world is catching up to the USA in terms of pumping out top tier NBA talent. It’s a wonderful things.

Doncic goes to the bench, they're up 14 with a minute left.

Doncic's second NBA playoff game, age 21: 28/8/7 on 8/17 (47.1%) and 4/7 from 3 (57.1%). 1 turnover after 11 in game 1. 28 minutes.

That means in his 2 playoff games, he is so far averaging 35/7.5/8 on 21/38 shooting (55.3%) and 6/13 from 3 (46.1%). 32 minutes per game.

Good stuff, especially against the Clippers who have Kawhi Leonard and PG13 on defense for him.

PG13 just has never returned to pre-Team USA injury. Shame.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    PG13 just has never returned to pre-Team USA injury. Shame.
    But he is getting paid like it. Oh to live that life.

Thread Information