Pelicans Report

Page 32 of 40 FirstFirst ... 22 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Jrue + #13 for Dragic (S&T) and Duncan, who says no?
    Respectfully...no way. Dragic is 34 (but if we want him...just sign him as a free agent which I wouldn't mind at all). Robinson is one-dimensional player who works for the telephone company (Long Distance Operator) and his contract expires in 21.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Respectfully...no way. Dragic is 34 (but if we want him...just sign him as a free agent which I wouldn't mind at all). Robinson is one-dimensional player who works for the telephone company (Long Distance Operator) and his contract expires in 21.
    Duncan is a 6'7 JJ Redick. Don't underrate that.

I agree about Dragic's age, and I was mostly joking. I just remember that there were some rumblings about Jrue to Miami earlier in the year (January ish, I think) and I was thinking what would they maybe consider for that. Obviously Butler, Bam, and Herro are off the table.

Could do the S&T with Olynyk instead and then have them add a pick but iirc Miami has no picks atm.
    Basketball.

They're probably going to let Dragic go. He's a free agent this 'summer', and after how good he's been this year and this playoff run I can't imagine him accepting some super small deal. Someone is going to chuck a desperation $15m+ at him, even if only short term, and Miami's probably not going to commit to that with Herro, Butler, Bam, etc, all on the team who can do some ball handling: especially not with the leaps Herro has taken as an on ball creator this year.

Maybe I'm wrong (they have a ton of cap space, almost everyone expires this year for them lol) but I could see him going loose.

Jrue + #13 for Dragic (S&T) and Duncan, who says no?

...Miami does, but aside from that.
    That is awful.
    You want to pay a 34 year old and trade our 13th pick and Jrue for a one dimensional player??

Didn't expect this from you Dae.

Quote Originally Posted by AUSSIE_PELICAN View Post
    That is awful.
    You want to pay a 34 year old and trade our 13th pick and Jrue for a one dimensional player??

Didn't expect this from you Dae.
    To quote myself from the post immediately before yours:

I agree about Dragic's age, and I was mostly joking.

Just as a side note, isn't Dragic's resurgence this year weird? He looked... well, not washed but certainly not great the last two years and then now he comes roaring back.

Weird.

I agree about Dragic's age, and I was mostly joking. I just remember that there were some rumblings about Jrue to Miami earlier in the year (January ish, I think) and I was thinking what would they maybe consider for that. Obviously Butler, Bam, and Herro are off the table.

Could do the S&T with Olynyk instead and then have them add a pick but iirc Miami has no picks atm.
    Earlier this summer I said both Olynyk and Dragic (in that order) should be targeted during free agency. I thought Olynyk might be a nice bridge until JAX is ready. Now I'm hedging a little, as Olynyk has looked awful in the bubble. But, I'm still drawn to Dragic and what he could bring to the team (Rubio on steroids).

That's an insult to Redick

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    That's an insult to Redick
    Duncan Robinson 44.6% from 3 on 8.6 per game this year, and was 93% from the FT line. He shot off the catch, on pullups, off movement, off screens, even when contested hard; he relocated and passed well in an auxiliary role, but was limited on defense and had only very basic creation abilities.

If that's not a Redick year, idk what is lol

Duncan Robinson 44.6% from 3 on 8.6 per game this year, and was 93% from the FT line. He shot off the catch, on pullups, off movement, off screens, even when contested hard; he relocated and passed well in an auxiliary role, but was limited on defense and had only very basic creation abilities.

If that's not a Redick year, idk what is lol
    Robinson is super 1 dimensional and 6 times the amount of threes made in the playoffs than two pointers

Redick actually has 30 more 2 point field goals made in the playoffs than threes

Robinson is a correspondent on JJ Reddick’s “Old Man and the Three” Podcast. He is great to listen to, and very informative. He has talked about how his shot mechanic have changed since entering the league (and how he gets his shot off so quickly), to just putting up shots (not making them, but just getting them off), to following JJ in getting an arm sleeve because he thinks it will give him street cred with fellow players. I don’t see him leaving Miami unless they trade him.

As I said before, unless it’s broke, why fix it? If the Heat are reincarnating the Billups/Wallace Brothers Pistons, and winning without a Super Star, why change it? If you have buyin from everyone, why bring in an element who might not buy in? Dragić might be old, and he is in a contract year, but Miami can re-up him, and they know him better than any other team.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Robinson is super 1 dimensional and 6 times the amount of threes made in the playoffs than two pointers

Redick actually has 30 more 2 point field goals made in the playoffs than threes
    Robinson shoots way more 3s than 2s because that is literally what he is asked to do.

Read anything that Spoelstra or the other Heat players have said about practices or Robinson's breakout. They want him shooting, from 3, as much as humanly possible. In practice, they have him shooting 3s more than anything else. That's literally what he's there to do.

You can't blame him for shooting a boatload of threes and prioritising it over the 2 when his coach and teammates are literally asking him to do exactly that.

It’s true. Robinson discusses that in the podcast. He doesn’t shoot 3s because he is afraid to cross the arch, he is told to take those shots.

Robinson shoots way more 3s than 2s because that is literally what he is asked to do.

Read anything that Spoelstra or the other Heat players have said about practices or Robinson's breakout. They want him shooting, from 3, as much as humanly possible. In practice, they have him shooting 3s more than anything else. That's literally what he's there to do.

You can't blame him for shooting a boatload of threes and prioritising it over the 2 when his coach and teammates are literally asking him to do exactly that.
    He's not Redick then, he's Bertans
    Last edited by AusPel; 09-24-2020 at 11:55 AM.

I would like to see how the Heat would have gone if this wasn't for a bubble environment.
    They were a pretty poor road team.
    This bubble suits them well.

16 minutes and AD haven't recorded a rebound

AD has gone a whole half without a rebound.

The 'self-absorbed' baby cries on every play

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    Everybody freak out, AD is "hurt"

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    AD has gone a whole half without a rebound.
    AD hit one game winner and said ''screw it, this is all I'm doing from now on''

Jamal Murray has been incredible this entire playoff run

Monte Morris is shooting 65/60/85 against the Lakers which is pretty cool

Lakers resorting to the ''just blatantly foul Jamal Murray every three seconds'' tactic and refs just letting it run.

On one hand, it's not too surprising. Lakers, Lebron, finals, narrative.

On the other hand, it does put Denver down 3-1, which as we've seen in the last two series, is exactly where they want to be.

Lakers resorting to the ''just blatantly foul Jamal Murray every three seconds'' tactic and refs just letting it run.

On one hand, it's not too surprising. Lakers, Lebron, finals, narrative.

On the other hand, it does put Denver down 3-1, which as we've seen in the last two series, is exactly where they want to be.
    Laker did send in that letter. Lol.

This why I have sooo little hope of getting to the finals. Officiating gets conveniently large market biased in the playoffs. If it's not... Be sure the team up 2-1 to send in a letter of disaproval.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Laker did send in that letter. Lol.

This why I have sooo little hope of getting to the finals. Officiating gets conveniently large market biased in the playoffs. If it's not... Be sure the team up 2-1 to send in a letter of disaproval.
    It can be done, there have been underdog team champions before, but you have to overcome so much. Definitely makes it harder, for sure.

On the plus side, Lebron looks gassed and it doesn't matter how much he complains when they get to the finals and Jimmy Butler decides to eat his soul, Bam puts the hurt on AD, and Spoelstra coaches circles around Vogel.

jamal murray is a baller...makes we wonder if we made a mistake picking Hield over him

Quote Originally Posted by ozwego15 View Post
    jamal murray is a baller...makes we wonder if we made a mistake picking Hield over him
    It would just make the Boogie trade even worse.

Thread Information