Pelicans Report

Page 2 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

115-115, we're going to overtime.

Mitchell has 51 and Utah has not been able to make it mean much at all.
    Basketball.

''He's a little mechanical when he catches it, so it allows the defender time to recover.'' - Doris Burke absolutely correct on why Jokic just stripped Gobert

Interesting to see Denver abandon the drop they've been using just here, Jokic pressing up onto Mitchell on the perimeter

Man I love Monte Morris

Denver doing great work just denying Mitchell avenues to attack and forcing the ball into someone else's hands, and then doubling them. Ingles can't quite make those same reads.

Jamal Murray scores on the other end, Denver running away with it

Beautiful Jokic/Murray pick and pop

Jamal Murray is nasty. That is all.

Murray's on fire

Still can’t believe Demps passed on this kid.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    He's an inconsistent player, sometimes he just vanishes, but when it's on it's just on.

I'm gonna mention it again.

Mitchell had 57 points tonight and they lost by double digits.

Utah just does not have the creation outside of Mitchell to keep it ticking along. Ingles is good but he's a secondary creator not a primary.

That was the difference between having a real scout and some dude watching highlights

If Raptors can crush and sweep the Nets. Thus, making the Jrue trade more plausible. I'd appreciate that.

Utah’s season was hosed when they lost Bojan.

Utah’s season was hosed when they lost Bojan.
    No Bojan, no Conley.

They just do not have creators. It's Mitchell or bust, and as tonight showed, against a good team Mitchell alone can't cut it; he can have 50, it doesn't matter.

Raptors make playing defense so easy.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Raptors make playing defense so easy.
    It's crazy how if you get a team full of smart players who actually care about playing defense and then give them good schemes to do it with, they're good at it.

Wild.

Mitchell is amazing. He always shows up in the playoffs, it’s just a matter of if he is going it Lone Ranger or not. I expect a solid performance in this series as the Nuggets don’t have a response for him (but they do for the other 4 Jazz players on the court).
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I know the fast break, high paced, and full court offense is flashy. I hope we move towards being more specialized in the half court that capitalize transition possessions opportunities .It's just a better pace for defense to get set. Less running players into the ground. It's just more synergy and caters to playoffs success.

In the playoffs, you really got to be great with as many styles as possible. Half court and iso in particularly when it comes to the finals.

I definitely would like Allen in a trade. Like his potential. Just super young.

Gasol is such an underrated hof center.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's an inconsistent player, sometimes he just vanishes, but when it's on it's just on.
    Agree. He is the epitome of streaky.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I know the fast break, high paced, and full court offense is flashy. I hope we move towards being more specialized in the half court that capitalize transition possessions opportunities .It's just a better pace for defense to get set. Less running players into the ground. It's just more synergy and caters to playoffs success.

In the playoffs, you really got to be great with as many styles as possible. Half court and iso in particularly when it comes to the finals.
    You can play fast and play defense (the Bucks are both the NBA's fastest team and the league's best defense, for example) but to do that you need players who are disciplined, know their role, and play it hard consistently.

We do not have that, at least not right now.

Pace doesn't have to be frantic either. If you have fast players moving quickly and making snappy decisions, pace tends to tick up anyway. What we need is laser focus; this year we had scattershot.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You can play fast and play defense (the Bucks are both the NBA's fastest team and the league's best defense, for example) but to do that you need players who are disciplined, know their role, and play it hard consistently.

We do not have that, at least not right now.

Pace doesn't have to be frantic either. If you have fast players moving quickly and making snappy decisions, pace tends to tick up anyway. What we need is laser focus; this year we had scattershot.
    What hurt us is most with our positionless philosophy is that we did awful job with matching up with the opposition. 4 guards versus a 3 big set getting their back broke in the paint.

LeVert playing smart against the double team and passing out great. 14 assist.

Dat spin move

Thread Information