Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 40 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Playoffs Thread

Incredible that Joel Embiid can have a 26/15 game and still find a way to feel like a none-presence on the floor. Gordon Hayward felt more impactful than him, and Hayward had 12/4/3
    Basketball.

You would not believe how hyped I am for Mavs vs Clippers.

Will Luka go off? Will Clippers be able to do a good job on him like they did earlier in the season? Will the Mavs perimeter offense translate to the playoffs after dominating in the regular season? Is there a ''Playoff Luka''?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    You would not believe how hyped I am for Mavs vs Clippers.

Will Luka go off? Will Clippers be able to do a good job on him like they did earlier in the season? Will the Mavs perimeter offense translate to the playoffs after dominating in the regular season? Is there a ''Playoff Luka''?
    Hoping Luka shocks the world and makes this a... 6 game series at least. Need some fireworks in this first round.

Embiid with a 30 footer lol

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Hoping Luka shocks the world and makes this a... 6 game series at the least. Need some fireworks in this first round.
    I fully expect the Clippers to win, just out of depth, experience, and defense, but I agree. Hope Luka absolutely detonates and we can get it to be a competitive series.

How long before we hear that Embiid is sick again?

Seems to happen whenever they have a loss.

Seeing people on twitter complaining that Embiid wasn't involved in actions late.

The clip that person used as proof of this was a halfcourt possession where Embiid didn't even get inside the arc until 10 seconds were gone off the clock, proceeded to stand there completely without sealing his man, and then walked out of bounds.

I get that the Sixers offense can be ugly at times, but I'm not going to blame anyone for not passing it to disinterested, out of bounds Embiid.

Embiid with a 30 footer lol
    He looks exhausted to me. For as bad as people railed on Zion for his conditioning towards the end of the season I think Embiid has gotten a pass for a while for consistently not being able to finish games strong. Rookie Embiid wasn't playing every game or as many minutes but looked like a completely different level of athlete.

He looks exhausted to me. For as bad as people railed on Zion for his conditioning towards the end of the season I think Embiid has gotten a pass for a while for consistently not being able to finish games strong. Rookie Embiid wasn't playing every game or as many minutes but looked like a completely different level of athlete.
    Doris Burke kept saying he's 250lbs, and if he's 250lbs I'm 7 feet tall. If Zion's 280, Embiid's 300lbs without a doubt in my mind.

It's more than that, he's also complete disinterested. He displays so little pushback. If the Sixers are winning, it's smiles and grins and laughing and jumping around. If they're losing, it's sullen looks at the floor, lethargy, and leaked rumours that he's sick.

Most mentally disengaged superstar in the NBA.

Mark Jackson needs to be not just frozen out from all coaching jobs, but also banned from commentating on games.

A Class Moron.

JVG just as bad.

Doncic slipped and is hurt

Mark Jackson needs to be not just frozen out from all coaching jobs, but also banned from commentating on games.

A Class Moron.

JVG just as bad.
    Being forced to listen to them commentate basketball for an eternity is my definition of hell.

Being forced to listen to them commentate basketball for an eternity is my definition of hell.
    They're a pretty encouraging pair actually.

Because you know that if they could make it, anyone can.

Doris Burke kept saying he's 250lbs, and if he's 250lbs I'm 7 feet tall. If Zion's 280, Embiid's 300lbs without a doubt in my mind.

It's more than that, he's also complete disinterested. He displays so little pushback. If the Sixers are winning, it's smiles and grins and laughing and jumping around. If they're losing, it's sullen looks at the floor, lethargy, and leaked rumours that he's sick.

Most mentally disengaged superstar in the NBA.
    Yeah, I agree. It's shocking to see the development of Simmons-Embiid so stunted when their future looked so promising a couple years ago. But right now they both look like players that may not have the kind of passion for the game that you'd want.

Yeah, I agree. It's shocking to see the development of Simmons-Embiid so stunted when their future looked so promising a couple years ago. But right now they both look like players that may not have the kind of passion for the game that you'd want.
    I think the pairing of them could theoretically work, but the Sixers have made the worst roster construction around them that I can imagine.

They desperately need some people who can create their own shot without Simmons. Someone who can run a half-court offense that isn't Ben. They also need shooters, guys who can shoot entry passes, stuff like that.

Instead they just do not have.

Van Gundy and Mark Jackson back to talking about the GOOD ol' days! Back when we would'a had FIGHTS! AND PLAYED CARDS. LIKE REAL MEN.

Nothing so pathetic as being mentally stuck in the glory days cause you're a washed up has been that nobody likes anymore.

Luka talking about how he first felt pressure when he moved from Slovenia to Madrid aged 13 for basketball, and how he's been in that so long he doesn't feel it anymore.

That's what you want.

Doncic is such a master of the little things, and they're what allows him to throw insane passes like that.

Clippers don't look like they have the juice right now at all. They're always just a step late, and even the none-Doncic guards are running straight through them.

Kleber has only seem a few minutes so far but he's so good.

Damn Luka's good. Basically figured out the Clips defense after coming back from that ankle tweak

Delon Wright with the laziest turnover of the game so far, and there have been a lot of them

Damn Luka's good. Basically figured out the Clips defense after coming back from that ankle tweak
    He's going to have moments where he struggles because he's 21 going against a team filled with elite wing defenders, but he's so so good that he'll make stuff happen anyway.

Porzingis ejected for second tech, this time for getting in a confrontation with Morris.

Shame, see how this impacts Dallas

Pathetic tech on Zingis. Brain cannot process

Pathetic tech on Zingis. Brain cannot process
    This sounds like the thought that was going through the refs head.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Thread Information