.
Pelicans Report
 
Page 30 of 33 FirstFirst ... 20 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 LastLast
Results 726 to 750 of 818

Thread: Playoffs Thread

  1. #726
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    America
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Nuggets match up better than Clippers. Problem is if the Clippers decides to show up before game 4.
    eh clippers blew leads and look unipsired. Lebron will not let that happen

  2. #727
    Jokic is old school basketball. Fundamentals...Fundamentals....Fundamentals!!!!

    I love it.
    If Lebron and Company are so concerned about social injustice, let them give up their Nike Multi Million Dollar Endorsements until working conditions improve for workers at Nike's sub-contractor sweatshops in China.

    Say Cannon Hinnant's Name.

  3. #728
    A huge part of why the Clippers lost this game was on coaching.

    Why did Doc commit to playing Montrezl so much? I get that Montrezl is normally good but having him on the floor when Jokic was there was a nightmare every time.

    Why did they always commit to the double on Jokic? Doing that means Murray can basically just walk into a pullup, and he did; over and over.

    I get that it's hard to defend the Murray/Jokic duo; if you commit the double on Jokic he can orchestrate offense from it as well as anyone, cause of his passing prowess, and if you commit it to Murray then you basically just allow Jokic to go 4 on 3, which is never good for a defense.

    But there was no real adjustment or creativity from Doc. Just kept throwing failure at the wall. Nuggets figured them out and nothing changed.
    Tyrese Maxey/Isaac Okoro/Killian Tillie/Onyeka Okongwu/Devin Vassell endorser.

    Eye test people: analytics people watch more basketball than you do.

  4. #729
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    eh clippers blew leads and look unipsired. Lebron will not let that happen
    I also think that, for all the flaws AD has that people keep bringing up, you can double with AD and have him recover much more than you can with Montrezl. AD has that defensive capability and that mobility.

  5. #730



  6. #731
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    A huge part of why the Clippers lost this game was on coaching.

    Why did Doc commit to playing Montrezl so much? I get that Montrezl is normally good but having him on the floor when Jokic was there was a nightmare every time.

    Why did they always commit to the double on Jokic? Doing that means Murray can basically just walk into a pullup, and he did; over and over.

    I get that it's hard to defend the Murray/Jokic duo; if you commit the double on Jokic he can orchestrate offense from it as well as anyone, cause of his passing prowess, and if you commit it to Murray then you basically just allow Jokic to go 4 on 3, which is never good for a defense.

    But there was no real adjustment or creativity from Doc. Just kept throwing failure at the wall. Nuggets figured them out and nothing changed.
    If only they had you on the coaching staff instead of Doc Rivers, Ty Lue, Sam Cassell and others.

    Why are all the smart basketball minds confined to message boards instead of an NBA bench??
    @mcnamara247

  7. #732
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If only they had you on the coaching staff instead of Doc Rivers, Ty Lue, Sam Cassell and others.

    Why are all the smart basketball minds confined to message boards instead of an NBA bench??
    Sorry for not asking you before giving my opinion. I should have known that before I, a dude on the internet, gave my opinion, I should have asked you: a guy on the internet, for permission.

    Nobody cares Mac.

  8. #733

  9. #734

  10. #735
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If only they had you on the coaching staff instead of Doc Rivers, Ty Lue, Sam Cassell and others.

    Why are all the smart basketball minds confined to message boards instead of an NBA bench??
    I almost always respect your knowledge and your obvious insight, but not when you act like this... not necessary and its not a good look on you...
    "we might make dollars, but we don't necessarily make sense"

    "always be sincere....whether you mean it or not"

  11. #736
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,681
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    If only they had you on the coaching staff instead of Doc Rivers, Ty Lue, Sam Cassell and others.

    Why are all the smart basketball minds confined to message boards instead of an NBA bench??
    Yeah you right

  12. #737
    Quote Originally Posted by ramsters60 View Post
    I almost always respect your knowledge and your obvious insight, but not when you act like this... not necessary and its not a good look on you...
    If the NBA fan experience was like Mac wishes it was, you'd have like two people taking part in it and they'd just post raw box scores every game and make no comment. Only facts, no opinions allowed. Nobody is allowed to speculate, evaluate, extrapolate, or theorise. Cause we're all just nerds on the internet.

    And that includes Mac, who is also just a nerd on the internet, but who seems to give himself a pass for reasons that I can only presume are ego related.

  13. #738
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,681
    Well it’s not the Lakers but fans in LA and ESPN/ Adam Silver are in meltdown mode. That Clippers/Lakers match won’t happen.


  14. #739
    All-Star
    Join Date
    Jun 2019
    Location
    America
    Posts
    435
    Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Well it’s not the Lakers but fans in LA and ESPN/ Adam Silver are in meltdown mode. That Clippers/Lakers match won’t happen.

    They can still get lakers and celtics

  15. #740
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,681
    Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    They can still get lakers and celtics
    Not happening if Jimmy Butler stays on a roll


  16. #741
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    If the NBA fan experience was like Mac wishes it was, you'd have like two people taking part in it and they'd just post raw box scores every game and make no comment. Only facts, no opinions allowed. Nobody is allowed to speculate, evaluate, extrapolate, or theorise. Cause we're all just nerds on the internet.

    And that includes Mac, who is also just a nerd on the internet, but who seems to give himself a pass for reasons that I can only presume are ego related.
    I just dont get how people who have literally zero experience in the field think they are smarter/know more, etc than a staff who does it full time and has over 100 years in the league combined. Like, how is that possible?

    You really think you would give your 2 cents to Doc or Ty or anybody on that bench, and they'd go "Hmm....never thought of that. Thanks Pelicans Report guy!!"

    Yes, if I had my way, people would discuss the sport, the game. But they wouldnt be foolish enough to think they are smarter than these guys. When Mike Malone or Vogel lose next round, you will come on here and talk about how they were foolish for doing this or that or the team was stupid for signing this guy, etc.

    Its just so insane to me, because I know that if you sat in any NBA coaches room, it would take less than 5 minutes for you to realize that you dont know 1% of what the average NBA coach knows. None of us do. And yet, fans have such confidence that they know so much more than all these guys. Thats just bonkers to me

  17. #742
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I just dont get how people who have literally zero experience in the field think they are smarter/know more, etc than a staff who does it full time and has over 100 years in the league combined. Like, how is that possible?

    Thats just bonkers to me
    It's this simple, Mac.

    If you don't want to hear people speculate, theorise, analyse, or comment on the game, the coaching, the strategies, and the playing, then get off a forum dedicated to talking about the game. That's what fans do and it's what forums are for.

    If that annoys you, you're welcome to that perception: nobody is forcing you to come on here. But you're not helping yourself or anyone else by getting on here and just being a jerk to people who are talking about the game. Makes you come off as bitter and snide, and doesn't contribute towards healthy discussion. It's not like you're making the forum better or elevating the analysis by doing this, you're just making it worse.

  18. #743
    Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!!
    Join Date
    Feb 2019
    Posts
    3,681

  19. #744
    Band of Skulls & Neon Trees ramsters60's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Westbank
    Posts
    3,096
    Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    I just dont get how people who have literally zero experience in the field think they are smarter/know more, etc than a staff who does it full time and has over 100 years in the league combined. Like, how is that possible?

    You really think you would give your 2 cents to Doc or Ty or anybody on that bench, and they'd go "Hmm....never thought of that. Thanks Pelicans Report guy!!"

    Yes, if I had my way, people would discuss the sport, the game. But they wouldnt be foolish enough to think they are smarter than these guys. When Mike Malone or Vogel lose next round, you will come on here and talk about how they were foolish for doing this or that or the team was stupid for signing this guy, etc.

    Its just so insane to me, because I know that if you sat in any NBA coaches room, it would take less than 5 minutes for you to realize that you dont know 1% of what the average NBA coach knows. None of us do. And yet, fans have such confidence that they know so much more than all these guys. Thats just bonkers to me
    wanna know what seems crazy to me? two things actually... that you would spend 5 more minutes of your life trying to shoot down the natural essence of a forum like this and secondly..... that I would spend 5 more minutes of mine revealing my personal disappointment in you... stick to what you do best, because you do some things very well....

  20. #745

  21. #746
    Unstoppable! GuardianAngel25's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2012
    Location
    NOLA
    Posts
    8,265
    Man of these playoffs don’t have Pelicans fans excited about the future something is wrong with ya! As long as we let this team grow together I think we have a real chance. We are built ver similar to the way the Nuggets, Heat, and Celtics all were just in slightly different ways. The common theme is building through your youth while filling in the last few missing pieces. We are loaded with young talent like these teams except we have tons of draft picks to keep stock piling. I think Jrue is our Jimmy Butler/Kemba Walker and no way do I move him unless it’s a large haul. We need that vet on this team who sets an example with his play to the young guns. With the right coach this team is going to be dangerous!

  22. #747
    God, I want the Nuggets to win so badly.

  23. #748
    Lakers up 10

    Unrelated note, Lakers have 15 more FTAs than the Nuggets

  24. #749
    Lakers currently on pace for 64 free throws tonight.

    Hard to make it much more obvious than this.

  25. #750
    If Butler is too passive on offense, passed out of of a few good looks already.

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 5 users browsing this thread. (1 members and 4 guests)

  1. UNO Gracias

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •