Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: August 13th - New Orleans Pelicans vs Orlando Magic - FINAL BUBBLE GAME

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Very few (if any) people said the Pelicans "weren't trying to make the playoffs"

What some said (and what was true btw) wasn't that it wasn't their TOP priority. Huge gap between those two things.

And while you put all reporters and bloggers into one group, let me do the same for message boarders-- the biggest thing you guys do over and over again is on full display here. Misrepresent opponents actual points and live in the black and white when almost everything is a shade of gray and far more nuanced
    Fair enough Mike, and I don’t disagree with your point, but I think you took my post a little too literally. The whole bit about the “top priority” is mainly used as a defense to retain Gentry from what I’ve heard on the radio and such. We were trying very hard to make the playoffs and it was a top priority (at least at first). We didn’t bring in 35 year old JJ freakin Reddick to sit on our butts and develop players. We just fell way short of where we should have been.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Very few (if any) people said the Pelicans "weren't trying to make the playoffs"

What some said (and what was true btw) wasn't that it wasn't their TOP priority. Huge gap between those two things.

And while you put all reporters and bloggers into one group, let me do the same for message boarders-- the biggest thing you guys do over and over again is on full display here. Misrepresent opponents actual points and live in the black and white when almost everything is a shade of gray and far more nuanced
    I agree with this. The only thing I'd say is we probably should reevaluated our goals amidst a 6-26 record.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    I guess it's they rather supplement a dead end player like Moore or Jackson that offers nothing instead of just going through the growing pains. Especially, when the squad was 6-26. The season should of been called there.
    I’m not sure I’d call the season as much as I’d focus on the youth a little more at that point instead of the likes of Moore getting pointless minutes. Only reason we were still in the playoff picture at all was because the 8th seed was a shishow. We took the worst possible route and prioritized winning without actually winning enough or making the playoffs. Not only did we fall short, we essentially abandoned Nickeil and ruined our pick a bit (not sure it’s a bad thing in this draft tbh but still).

Thread Information