Pelicans Report

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: What's the take on Lonzo Ball

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    You are the one I was thinking about when I said "almost." You have been consistent since we made the trade with LA that you did not like any of the assets, including Ingram. So, Ball playing well at any stretch was not going to get you singing his praises.
    Nah, it depends on the stretch. I've said a bunch of times that I've been proven wrong by Ingram and that I've been happy to have been wrong. Cause his play improved in a consistent way; when he had a bad stretch, that was the exception, rather than when he was good.

But still, I'm glad my consistency has been recognised
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nah, it depends on the stretch. I've said a bunch of times that I've been proven wrong by Ingram and that I've been happy to have been wrong. Cause his play improved in a consistent way; when he had a bad stretch, that was the exception, rather than when he was good.

But still, I'm glad my consistency has been recognised
    You took a long time to come around on Ingram, but you are right, you did come around. Hopefully Ball can do the same next season (or at least well enough to get us something in a trade).

Hall of Famer
    NBA insiders reportedly questioned the intensity of New Orleans Pelicans point guard Lonzo Ball during the team's seeding games at the Disney World complex in Orlando, Florida.

"People down in Orlando tell me Lonzo Ball looked like he'd checked out the whole time the Pels were there, and that they expect some significant roster adjustments in New Orleans before next season," David Aldridge of The Athletic reported Thursday.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/...during-restart

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    NBA insiders reportedly questioned the intensity of New Orleans Pelicans point guard Lonzo Ball during the team's seeding games at the Disney World complex in Orlando, Florida.

"People down in Orlando tell me Lonzo Ball looked like he'd checked out the whole time the Pels were there, and that they expect some significant roster adjustments in New Orleans before next season," David Aldridge of The Athletic reported Thursday.

If you have no heart...no pride...no brain....and can be intimidated easily you are useless in a team sport.

"People down in Orlando tell me Lonzo Ball looked like he'd checked out the whole time the Pels were there, and that they expect some significant roster adjustments in New Orleans before next season,"
    I think it's about time we show these guys some empathy. Checked out from basketball doesn't necessarily mean he didn't give a sh**. None of us have any clue what's going on in their personal lives while they're stuck inside of a bubble. I know I wasn't mentally competent enough at 21 to handle this situation.

Some guys, like Lillard, are just made for this moment because they eat, sleep, breathe basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    If you have no heart...no pride...no brain....and can be intimidated easily you are useless in a team sport.
    For example. This is horrible. Grow up

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! kinglio21093's Avatar

This is weird because, the team praised Lonzo's work ethic a lot during the season. Maybe he didn't like the bubble atmosphere. Or maybe he was distraught over his poor performance. Who knows.

He’s not an emotional guy and he rarely shows it in the court. I think people are reaching a bit here. That’s just his personality. He’s always been a body language guy. We’ve seen it all season. When things goes bad for the kid, it looks
    like he’s disinterested but it’s just what he looks like when he’s struggling.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I think it's about time we show these guys some empathy. Checked out from basketball doesn't necessarily mean he didn't give a sh**. None of us have any clue what's going on in their personal lives while they're stuck inside of a bubble. I know I wasn't mentally competent enough at 21 to handle this situation.

Some guys, like Lillard, are just made for this moment because they eat, sleep, breathe basketball.
    I can think of about 8.7 million reasons why he is not immune from criticism. Buy if you want to coddle him...have at it.

I guess it's: "To he to whom much is given, expect nothing in return".

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I can think of about 8.7 million reasons why he is not immune from criticism. Buy if you want to coddle him...have at it.

I guess it's: "To he to whom much is given, expect nothing in return".
    or...

"An honest day's wage down the toilet".

I would honestly roll with NAW he has more upside and is more aggressive. Lonzo is good as a backup.

Hall of Famer
    Quote Originally Posted by Wecandothis View Post
    I would honestly roll with NAW he has more upside and is more aggressive. Lonzo is good as a backup.
    I think lonzo future is a backup PG. He will get paid off his name which isnt the smartest thing to do

Quote Originally Posted by kinglio21093 View Post
    This is weird because, the team praised Lonzo's work ethic a lot during the season. Maybe he didn't like the bubble atmosphere. Or maybe he was distraught over his poor performance. Who knows.
    Or maybe "insiders" may just be expressing their opinion based on what they perceive on the court. There is no way to know who the "insiders" or "people" are. Could just be a reporter or a staffer or could be a head coach or GM. No one knows how relevant the comment is.,

Lonzo's primary issues which he has had since his Lakers days have been psychological. He is not a leader--at all, and he lacks confidence. He attempts to hide it, but his body language is extremely telling. You can see it every time he is going up for a layup--his entire mindset shifts from attack mode to "Please god, don't let me screw this up." This is likely the result of an upbringing by an insane father. In short, he is not a "killer" like you can clearly see much of the time in players like Zion, BI, Hart, Redick and even guys like Hayes, Kenrich Williams, and Frank Jackson.

He will likely not ever develop into a strong leader; I do not see it in his personality, but confidence CAN be improved in one way... repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition, repetition... However, I don't know if he wants it badly enough to put the work in like BI to ever reach his potential. He doesn't have enough of that dog in him, which is probably my favorite thing about Zion, trying to throw it down on Giannis's face in their first meeting was as clear a message as any that he doesn't give a damn about being a rookie, he is here to f!@#$% kill everyone. The future of the team will be centered around Zion and BI.
    Last edited by SoCal4Pels; 08-14-2020 at 04:33 PM.

Thread Information