Pelicans Report

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Thoughts on Next Year

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    2 backups and LeVert for a 3rd offensive option, elite defender upgrade in Holiday. Brooklyn is looking for championships and no longer developing young players as the primary focus with Irving and Durant.

Brooklyn Lineup

PG: Irving
    SG: Holiday/Temple
    SF: Durant/Harris
    PF: Kurucs/Prince
    C: Jordan

Look for Tyrunn Lue to Brooklyn as head coach imo.

I think Atkinson is our best head coaching candidate. Adding LeVert, Dinwiddie, and Allen, would give us young veterans to continue to build his culture/vision.
    Jarrett Allen is gonna a tough for them throw in... He's pretty valuable depth.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Jarrett Allen is gonna a tough for them throw in... He's pretty valuable depth.
    Even if they didn’t, I would still trade Holiday for Dinwiddie and LeVert.

The trade also works with Musa to Minnesota instead if Brooklyn wants to keep Allen.

I would then push to sign either Gasol, Ibaka, Olynyk, Leonard, or Baynes as a FA starting center with Hayes getting 15-20 minutes routinely in year 2 as a backup.
    Last edited by Darkhorse985; 08-16-2020 at 02:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkhorse985 View Post
    2 backups and LeVert for a 3rd offensive option, elite defender upgrade in Holiday. Brooklyn is looking for championships and no longer developing young players as the primary focus with Irving and Durant.

Brooklyn Lineup

PG: Irving
    SG: Holiday/Temple
    SF: Durant/Harris
    PF: Kurucs/Prince
    C: Jordan

Look for Tyrunn Lue to Brooklyn as head coach imo.

I think Atkinson is our best head coaching candidate. Adding LeVert, Dinwiddie, and Allen, would give us young veterans to continue to build his culture/vision.
    Brooklyn values its depth. Dinwiddie has averaged 28 - 31 mins in the last 3 seasons. I dont see that changing when Kyrie plays. He is a "backup" in name only.

Jarret Allen is also a pretty important piece for them. Dont need to say anything about Levert.

I just cannot see any world where they give up all 3 of those guys for a player like Jrue Holiday.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Brooklyn values its depth. Dinwiddie has averaged 28 - 31 mins in the last 3 seasons. I dont see that changing when Kyrie plays. He is a "backup" in name only.

Jarret Allen is also a pretty important piece for them. Dont need to say anything about Levert.

I just cannot see any world where they give up all 3 of those guys for a player like Jrue Holiday.
    They are probably looking to get picks rather than a star player. Jrue would cost them tomuch match and leave them close to the wall of tax.

Sadly, this probably the deepest this squad will ever be and they would be an easy pick to win it all with a healthy KD and Irving

But they do need to shore up their defense. Jrue makes sense to offload Levert and Dinwiddie and the best fit for Irving and Durant. Although, Jrue value isn't what it used to be when he was called the best two way player in the league. We may have to give up sone assets for that trade to be a thing. Dinwiddie, Allen, and Levert just has more value than a Jrue and cap relief in Miller.

No matter what argument you make for Jrue. He is going to sell low atm. He got exposed as a 1st option at his career peak.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-16-2020 at 01:43 PM.

They are looking for a 3rd star next to KD and Kyrie. Is Jrue that type of player in their mind? If so, they could give up a good bit.

Thread Information