Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 8 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: August 9th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs San Antonio Spurs - 2-3 Bubble Record

Pelicans August 9th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs San Antonio Spurs - 2-3 Bubble Record

Pelicans play again today and this time they take on the San Antonio Spurs. Tonight is a big night for us: if we lose tonight and Portland wins, we are mathematically eliminated from playoff contention.

To my knowledge, Zion will be active in this game. I'll update the thread with news on that though as it comes in, either to confirm if or deny it.

The Spurs beat us in our last matchup this season, which was Zions debut. Zion had that hot shooting night and scored in a huge bunch to pull us close at the end, but sat for the last few minutes as we lost the game.

The plus side is that the guy who killed us that game, LaMarcus Aldridge, is simply not in the bubble, so at least that's true.

This is winnable, that's all I'll say. Let's go and try and get that win.
    Basketball.

Hall of Famer
    Pretty much a must win

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Pretty much a must win
    Not so sure. I think we are pretty much out of it at this point. I just want to get out of there without injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Not so sure. I think we are pretty much out of it at this point. I just want to get out of there without injuries.
    Its one of those things. We are not yet technically, mathematically, eliminated from the play-in. If we lose tonight, and Portland wins, then we are. Therefore if you want any hope, no matter how small, of making the playoffs, this is a must win.

HUGE game for us! It's time to show up! Let's go!

Woot.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

We have to win out. And Memphis has to lose out. Blazer can only win one more game. Suns have to lose one game.

This is part of the issue, or at least potentially indicative of it.

It should be understood that every game in the bubble is like this. The Suns have been playing like that. The Blazers too. Why are we realising this in game 6?

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Its one of those things. We are not yet technically, mathematically, eliminated from the play-in. If we lose tonight, and Portland wins, then we are. Therefore if you want any hope, no matter how small, of making the playoffs, this is a must win.
    In this situation, it's feast or famine.

They are currently only 1 game out of the 9th spot. They win and Portland loses, they are technically percentage points out of 9th (tied with Portland, a team they swept during the regular season) and leap frog SA and Phoenix.

So if they win they are damn near in 9th (either 1 game out or percentage points out). Lose and its pretty much all over.

Though at this point I've mentally checked out. Ready for regime change and next year.

This game will be cute to watch.

Just before we start this game I want to note tht the Spurs, since the bubble started, have been one of the worst defensive teams in the NBA when it comes to the paint. Opponents have been shooting basically 64% within 6 feet of the rim against the Spurs, and they allow a lot of shots there.

So if we don't have Zion shoving the ball into the hoop every possession and instead we settle for 30 foot bricks, just keep that in mind.

TERRIBLE start...

Lol at this start....classic

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Get Lonzo out of New Orleans on next bus. He doesn't want to be here.

If we have to lose, let's lose with someone who cares.

The Franchise
    Another wonderful start. This team. Where is the hustle we saw second half of last game?

Absence of pick & roll defense...check
    Dumb turnovers...check

Just like every other bubble game. (Sigh)

Poeltl with the moving-est of screens

We're just missing gimmes now.

Lonzo with the world's most casual turnover and he just gets his pocket picked and barely even turns around to look

I mean. If this does not scream... I haven’t prepared my team for this game as a coach... I don’t know what does.

Favors is done. Plain and simple.

Jrue blows a layup.

Zion does not drive once.

Zo with a block and gets stolen from.

Ingram stolen from.

No energy. To urgency. As usual. We dig an early hole because this team is never properly prepared for a game. That’s bad coaching.

11 point deficit in under 4 minutes. Beautiful Pels basketball.

Both Lonzo and Jrue consistently (and BI less consistently) have some of the worst turnovers I have ever seen.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Where is their Saiyan pride? C'mon man!

Zo with two nice passes in a row.

Good things happen when Zo drives.

A coach that can focus on this would do us a lot of good!

Well, it's definitely NOLA basketball to get our hopes crushed by the Spurs.

Big difference between the regular season and the bubble for Zion: foul calls.

He was getting a ton of them in the regular season, which makes sense cause he gets fouled on nearly every drive.

They are much less generous for him in the bubble.

Thread Information