Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: August 9th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs San Antonio Spurs - 2-3 Bubble Record

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    It's too late. That was last offseason. We probably get a mid 1st at best for him now.
    Which is why I was SCREAMING all last year.... trade him while he still has a lot of value in the eyes of the NBA.

.... you’re right. That ship has sailed.

... I’m sure there are still a select few people her that still love him for some reason.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    I know a lot of people get annoyed that I think Jrue is garbage and I express it often.

He NEVER shows up in big games!! First half so far... 0/5 shooting with 3 turnovers. Trade this man!!!
    He's not garbage. We just need more from our veteran leader. No one opens their damn mouth. Jrue is quiet. Ingram is quiet. Zion is quiet. Favors is quiet. JJ is quiet.

We need someone who takes a more vocal approach.

Serious question:

Is there any trade value in Ball?

I can't think of a single team in the league who currently has a starting PG worse than # 2.

Quote Originally Posted by UptownFuz504 View Post
    I sir, do not get annoyed because I’ve said it a ton of times and got flamed. Trade him while teams still want him
    I too get flamed by most on here for saying it.

Some people think they have an elite basketball IQ and flame other people that disagree with them.

It’s sad that our FO think like those people and blew their chance to trade him.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    He's not garbage. We just need more from our veteran leader. No one opens their damn mouth. Jrue is quiet. Ingram is quiet. Zion is quiet. Favors is quiet. JJ is quiet.

We need someone who takes a more vocal approach.
    Of corse he’s not garbage. However.. he is not the HIGH value vet that a lot of people think he is. You’re also right about his leadership... it’s non existent. You have to communicate to be a leader or at least lead with your play... neither of which Jrue is capable of.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Serious question:

I can't think of a single team in the league who currently has a starting PG worse than # 2.
    Nope. The trade value he had was last year.

We squander a lot of trade value by doing this half ****** soft rebuild. Should of went Full Philly.

Be in the running to draft Anthony Edward or Onyeka.

It’s odd, Zo was having a solid year prior to the bubble, and now it seems like he just isn’t into it. Do we read more into it than he is one of the few players not feeling the bubble?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Serious question:

I mean... he’s about to be a RFA or UFA. So we’re either paying him or letting him move on.

I know a lot of people get annoyed that I think Jrue is garbage and I express it often.

He NEVER shows up in big games!! First half so far... 0/5 shooting with 3 turnovers. Trade this man!!!
    Everyone is playing like trash, no need to single out Jrue.

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Serious question:

He can't drive or hit free throws. He is the worst in the league at both, and that is no exaggeration. The stats back it up.

Nobody is trading for a guard who can pass pretty good on fast breaks, and rebound decently for a guard, but can't shoot or do anything else.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Everyone is playing like trash, no need to single out Jrue.
    Ppl got carried away with one playoff series against Portland. He’s been bad ever since.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    It’s odd, Zo was having a solid year prior to the bubble, and now it seems like he just isn’t into it. Do we read more into it than he is one of the few players not feeling the bubble?
    Much like Harden, they just start the season slow. Jrue was the same way. It takes more than 8th game for rhythm shooters to get back into it, unfortunately.

That’s a great question! The talent is there. He’s just so inconsistent. At this point... we’re riding it out till his contract ends.

Outside of Redick, our bench is 3/10 from the field so far this game.

Add to that both Jrue and Lonzo being 1/6, and Zion being 3/9 (with no FTs somehow), it tells the whole story.
    Basketball.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    I’m thinking a lot of the Pels players aren’t feeling it. Body language says it all.

We should of traded Jrue and whatever picks the Wizards wanted for Beal when we had the chance.

Throw in a young not named Ingram with Jrue.

We should of traded Jrue and whatever picks the Wizards wanted for Beal when we had the chance.

Throw in a young not named Ingram with Jrue.
    That makes no sense.

That makes no sense.
    It was just an example. It wasn’t well thought out. I was making a point that we should of traded Jrue.

I think what people need to understand is that Lonzo was not actually having a good year prior to the bubble. He had a really good 15 game stretch before the season ended that changed how everyone looked at him, but until Christmas (that is, the first 25 games he played) he was averaging 10/5/5 on 37.4%FG, 33.3% from 3, and 50% from the FT line. He was really bad.

He improved after the new year, until having that final super hot run before the shutdown, but if you view this year as being overall pretty good for Lonzo, you miss his horrendous multi-month start.

If you add the next 17 games to get to half a season (41 games total for him, basically until February), Lonzo was still only putting up 12/6/6 on 39/36/54, which is still fairly grim.

Those final 15 games or so really changed how a lot of people saw his season overall, which is a bit odd.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Zion isn't right. Not even close.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I think what people need to understand is that Lonzo was not actually having a good year prior to the bubble. He had a really good 15 game stretch before the season ended that changed how everyone looked at him, but until Christmas (that is, the first 25 games he played) he was averaging 10/5/5 on 37.4%FG, 33.3% from 3, and 50% from the FT line. He was really bad.

He improved after the new year, until having that final super hot run before the shutdown, but if you view this year as being overall pretty good for Lonzo, you miss his horrendous multi-month start.

If you add the next 17 games to get to half a season (41 games total for him, basically until February), Lonzo was still only putting up 12/6/6 on 39/36/54, which is still fairly grim.

Those final 15 games or so really changed how a lot of people saw his season overall, which is a bit odd.
    Here we definitely agree

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

It's not odd. People really thought he finally broke through with him learning a new shooting motion all in one year and it starting to pay off. Come to find out, it was all just him getting into rhythm, not becoming a truly good shooter.

Can we get that March team back pls. We was hot and not embarrassing ourselves. Seems like every other team took the break seriously and we just relaxed.

Can we get that March team back pls. We was hot and not embarrassing ourselves. Seems like every other team took the break seriously and we just relaxed.
    Every other fringe team came into the bubble like it was the playoffs. Even teams like the Nets which are essentially a skeleton crew put it all out there.

We came in like everyone on the team believed Griffin when he said we weren't going to make decisions based on the bubble. Like ''oh nice, if I'm not gonna get judged on this, I won't bother.''

And that perspective combined with Gentry's general incompetence and lack of urgency produces a team that's pointless to even watch. There's no pride right now.

Man... Perfectly time timeout to stop other team's momentum is lowkey one of my favorite coach skills.

Thread Information