Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: August 7th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs Washington Wizards - 1-3 Bubble Record

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Say what you want; the team is plus 16 with Frank on the court and nobody else is close.
    For all his faults, Frank will play like it matters most nights. Too many people checked out after the Jazz game.

NAW has still not seen the floor. Moore has seen 10.

Lovely.
    Basketball.

And somehow we're up by ten at the end of three. Go figure.

The Franchise
    Finally playing a little defense.

I have a hard time believing we throw this one, so there’s that. I’d still like to win out and at least give ourselves a chance. Gentry out

Oh they're beating the Wizards. Damn thats so cute.

It's three years in....

I think it's apparent....

As to what # 2 is all about.
    Last edited by As I See It; 08-07-2020 at 09:32 PM.

Love how even when we win, we can't quite keep them under 100 points

It's three year in....

He's such an annoying player cause his talents are so extreme and what he's good at is so useful ut he just misses all the basic skills that a PG needs to put them to their best use.

His brother's the same, tbh. Who knows if he'll ever fix the issues.

Pelicans need a point guard in the worst way.

That goat is like.."what is this trash on my tv?"

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    He's such an annoying player cause his talents are so extreme and what he's good at is so useful ut he just misses all the basic skills that a PG needs to put them to their best use.

His brother's the same, tbh. Who knows if he'll ever fix the issues.
    The 25% Free Throw % is just so bad. Like how? Any person off of the street can come in and shoot a better percentage.

It's three year in....

He desperately needs a coach to teach him the fundamentals of playing point guard.

He is the product of the money-grubbing AAU circuit and whatever crap his dad had him in.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    He desperately needs a coach to teach him the fundamentals of playing point guard.

He is the product of the money-grubbing AAU circuit and whatever crap his dad had him in.
    Pelicans need to cut bait before they have to pay him. He’s never going to be able to finish at the rim with any consistency and he’ll never be able to run the pick and roll effectively with such poor touch at the basket. Then his free throw percentage is an absolute mess. Dude is destined to be a backup ala Austin Rivers.

Quote Originally Posted by Snarly View Post
    Pelicans need to cut bait before they have to pay him. He’s never going to be able to finish at the rim with any consistency and he’ll never be able to run the pick and roll effectively with such poor touch at the basket. Then his free throw percentage is an absolute mess. Dude is destined to be a backup ala Austin Rivers.
    Austin Rivers is much more sounder. Maybe not as talented...but much more sounder.

Reliability is everything in a point guard. Admit it, you always hold your breath when the chips are on the line and the ball is in # 2's hands
    Last edited by As I See It; 08-07-2020 at 09:39 PM.

Only 3 pages on the 4th game of the return to the NBA.

Dayum, people have given up. LOL

Final Game Statlines

Lonzo 2 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal. 1/7 shooting (14.2%), 0/3 from 3.
    Jrue 28 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block. 11/16 shooting (68.7%), 2/4 from 3
    Redick 15 points, 2 assists. 5/14 shooting (35.7%), 3/11 from 3
    Ingram 17 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal. 4/15 shooting (26.6%), 2/5 from 3
    Favors 12 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals. 5/8 shooting.

Hart 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists. 2/7 shooting, 1/4 from 3.
    Frank 13 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists. 6/10 shooting, 1/3 from 3.
    Melli 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 blocks. 4/5 shooting, 2/2 from 3
    Moore 5 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block. 2/4 shooting, 1/3 from 3.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    The 25% Free Throw % is just so bad. Like how? Any person off of the street can come in and shoot a better percentage.
    The thing that gets me is how bad he is at laying the damn ball up. And I finally figured out why he and his brothers shoot so badly. His dad wouldn't let them shoot with smaller balls as kids so they had to use both hands or adopt catapulting shots that get their bodies more into the shots and they never out grew it.

Just since we're on the topic of talking about Lonzo, just figured I'd go over his shooting since the Bubble started, now we're 5 games in.

Including tonight, he is averaging:

5.8 points
    5.4 rebounds
    6.4 rebounds
    27.5% FG (11/40)
    22.7% 3PT (5/22)
    33.3% FT (2/6)

In, wait for it, 29.2 minutes per game.

6/5/6 on 27/23/33 splits in 30 minutes a night.

That's disgraceful.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    The thing that gets me is how bad he is at laying the damn ball up. And I finally figured out why he and his brothers shoot so badly. His dad wouldn't let them shoot with smaller balls as kids so they had to use both hands or adopt catapulting shots that get their bodies more into the shots and they never out grew it.
    Partly that, but also they were encouraged to shoot tons of super deep threes super early in their careers, when they were like 13 and stuff, and barely any kids that age have the strength to shoot a ball with good form at that age. Combine that with the oversized ball problems, and you basically guarantee bad form. They have to do a full body heave just to get it somewhere near the rim, and when you do that for 5+ years it gets engrained.

Final Game Statlines

Lonzo 2 points, 9 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal. 1/7 shooting (14.2%), 0/3 from 3.
    Jrue 28 points, 5 rebounds, 6 assists, 2 steals, 1 block. 11/16 shooting (68.7%), 2/4 from 3
    Redick 15 points, 2 assists. 5/14 shooting (35.7%), 3/11 from 3
    Ingram 17 points, 4 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal. 4/15 shooting (26.6%), 2/5 from 3
    Favors 12 points, 10 rebounds, 1 assist, 2 steals. 5/8 shooting.

Hart 10 points, 8 rebounds, 2 assists. 2/7 shooting, 1/4 from 3.
    Frank 13 points, 1 rebound, 2 assists. 6/10 shooting, 1/3 from 3.
    Melli 10 points, 6 rebounds, 1 assist, 3 blocks. 4/5 shooting, 2/2 from 3
    Moore 5 points, 1 rebound, 1 assist, 1 steal, 1 block. 2/4 shooting, 1/3 from 3.
    2 points :LOL:

Do not pay this guy. No way in hell.

Quote Originally Posted by ragincaucasian View Post
    2 points :LOL:

Do not pay this guy. No way in hell.
    Take a look at his overall Bubble stats posted above

Take a look at his overall Bubble stats posted above
    I saw it.

My face:

#GodHelpUs

I've been kind of uncertain on Lonzo.

Like, before the Lakers trade I was against Lonzo. I was also against Ingram, but Ingram has proven a lot of my doubts wrong: I still have some issues with his game, but he took huge leaps this year in a bunch of different encouraging ways, so while I still don't know if Ingram is gonna be on this team when we're contending, I do feel comfortable paying him a lot of money.

But Lonzo hasn't done that. He hasn't flipped a switch or taken a huge leap. He's had hot stretches yes, but he's also been ghastly for huge stretches too, and right now when we need him most he's crumbling. Again, in fairness, a lot of guys haven't been great in the Bubble, but nobody has been so consistently bad in these 5 games as Lonzo has, at least offensively. He's been either nonexistent or actively harmful the majority of the time.

Do I feel comfortable keeping him knowing that, at the end of next season, he'll either way or need big money?

But I think this bubble performance has solidified my opinion on Lonzo. I'm not uncertain anymore. I still don't like him, and I think he should be traded.

I've been kind of uncertain on Lonzo.

Like, before the Lakers trade I was against Lonzo. I was also against Ingram, but Ingram has proven a lot of my doubts wrong: I still have some issues with his game, but he took huge leaps this year in a bunch of different encouraging ways, so while I still don't know if Ingram is gonna be on this team when we're contending, I do feel comfortable paying him a lot of money.

But Lonzo hasn't done that. He hasn't flipped a switch or taken a huge leap. He's had hot stretches yes, but he's also been ghastly for huge stretches too, and right now when we need him most he's crumbling. Again, in fairness, a lot of guys haven't been great in the Bubble, but nobody has been so consistently bad in these 5 games as Lonzo has, at least offensively. He's been either nonexistent or actively harmful the majority of the time.

Do I feel comfortable keeping him knowing that, at the end of next season, he'll either way or need big money?

But I think this bubble performance has solidified my opinion on Lonzo. I'm not uncertain anymore. I still don't like him, and I think he should be traded.
    How much do you think he's asking for? That is the big question.

Ricky Rubio makes 16 million a year, but is consistent pretty much every night, and shoots 86% FT and 36% 3's. You know what you are getting.

Lonzo....from night to night I have no idea.

http://www.espn.com/nba/salaries/_/page/2

Thread Information