Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: August 7th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs Washington Wizards - 1-3 Bubble Record

Pelicans August 7th - New Orleans Pelicans Vs Washington Wizards - 1-3 Bubble Record

Here we go again.

At this point it would take a series of shocking events for us to make the playoffs. Losing last game was basically the season, even if it's still mathematically possible for us to make the playoffs.

We go into this game without Zion too. Hooray.

Let's see how spectacular this particular failure is, eh?
    Basketball.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! donato's Avatar
    Bring on the lottery and the offseason.

Rest.... REST. He played 22 minutes yesterday. Can we just forfeit games? I'm done with this season. A 20 year old rookie getting load management is just silly. Makes us a complete laughing stock among the league.

Zion played btb in March for a total of 65 minutes.

You want proof that this is just soft tanking.We are such a dysfunctional franchise. When you take out the bottom feeders. It so much more glaring.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-07-2020 at 03:29 PM.

Gonna get to watch Frank Jackson, E'twaun Moore, JJ Redick, Josh Hart, and Nicolo Melli as a 5 man uni get absolutely blasted into 2030, what fun

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Gonna get to watch Frank Jackson, E'twaun Moore, JJ Redick, Josh Hart, and Nicolo Melli as a 5 man uni get absolutely blasted into 2030, what fun
    Pelicans Management: We gonna sit Zion out. I hope you got a plan.
    Gentry overdue to give Moore a 15+Minute night: Oh, I do.

Season's over. Give me big NAW minutes or riot.

Out for rest?

This god-like treatment is getting out of hand.

Speaks volumes. Hell, Gentry might actually be gone! (Next season) Let’s hope this is the organization having enough. Otherwise, it looks bad on Griffin that he would just give up here

I been a fan of this team all my life, but I've never seen anything ridiculous like this. Even in the AD era, he may take night off for stupid things or call it an early night for a hard fall. Yet, management being this strict on minutes is ludicrous. What they don't realize this hurt's Zion image and the Pelicans "New" culture. So, lets see how quickly this sours. Atleast he'll be fresh in 4 years when we trade him and start the farm cycle over again.

Pelicans MGMT never was serious about a playoff push. Zion was balling 30+ minutes a night and doing a BTB to barely getting 25 minutes. This farm team mentality of trying to push for playoffs once ever 5 years is getting old.

All we did this season was a pull an Atlanta Falcon with a crap draft( Going from 1st to 9th). Talk about a wasted year from all around with zero reward. Didn't trade any expiring assets and highest value assets value plummeted to Earth. Broke multiple worst records and then broke those record again. I can safely say this has been the worst year as the Pelicans franchise.

My red flag has been raised on MGMT. Something just doesn't seem right and there needs to be some serious course correcting in the offseason. Being way too conservative is one of them.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-07-2020 at 03:03 PM.

Oh look, the Pels management doesn't care.

Why should I?

Basketball Guru
    watch we see better team chemistry tonight....players will come out and play their game...naw will score 24 points....the backups will be fun to watch......i hope okafor even get to play tonight........we have a Jekyll and hyde team and organization...

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    watch we see better team chemistry tonight....players will come out and play their game...naw will score 24 points....the backups will be fun to watch......i hope okafor even get to play tonight........we have a Jekyll and hyde team and organization...
    Well this wouldn't surprise me. NAW, Jax, Kenrich, guys who have been glued to the bench or barely getting real minutes being allowed to play since the pretense of playoffs has been dropped, of course they wanna go. So even if they're vastly less talented than the main guys, which they are, they at least care. And that does translate.

Sorry, but the rest of the team without Zion should easily beat Washington. Zion not playing should not be an excuse. Regardless, the season is over. I am fine with it. I was against the restart anyway. If we can get out of it without any serious injuries, that is the best result at this point IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by donato View Post
    Bring on the lottery and the offseason.
    There won’t be much of an offseason if next season starts in December . Draft not till October 16th.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    Sorry, but the rest of the team without Zion should easily beat Washington. Zion not playing should not be an excuse. Regardless, the season is over. I am fine with it. I was against the restart anyway. If we can get out of it without any serious injuries, that is the best result at this point IMO.
    Memphis won today. San Antonio won. Portland won last night.

I think it's time to shut it down.

And the Brooklyn B team having a pretty easy time with Sacramento.

Such a bad loss yesterday. Shut it down and start looking for a new coach.

Might as well hope for a loss here so that fire gentry train gets going and going...

Quote Originally Posted by PaKwAn View Post
    Might as well hope for a loss here so that fire gentry train gets going and going...
    Mannn... I hope all of this dysfunctional mess doesn't make us lose out on resigning BI. Should of gotten a new coach last year. Hard sell for BI to stay...

34 wins by Blazer and Memphis will mathematically eliminate us.

Basketball Guru
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    And the Brooklyn B team having a pretty easy time with Sacramento.

Such a bad loss yesterday. Shut it down and start looking for a new coach.

when we played the nets i said the nets should call it in and just go home.....the nets b team is playing better ball than we are and we are at full strength....

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    34 wins by Blazer and Memphis will mathematically eliminate us.
    Grizzlies will win one more game - Bucks, Raptors, Celtics are just treading water right now.
    Blazers - same deal. Might not get the best effort from two or three of their opponents.

Key was to get out early...oh well.
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by 6warddude View Post
    when we played the nets i said the nets should call it in and just go home.....the nets b team is playing better ball than we are and we are at full strength....
    I will break my tv if BI or Jax seriously hurts themself in these now meaningless games.

Maybe it's just me but if I had just poured the season down the drain, I'd be a bit more humble and a bit less curt with information I know he fans are interested in.

We're losing to the Wizards looool

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Man. I get the fast paced nature of this team...but the execution in the half court has been lacking all season.

Thread Information