View Poll Results: Fire Gintry or Naw

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, fire Gintry

38 100.00%
  • Naw, let um stay

0 0%
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Do You Can Gentry after this season, who do you replace him with?

Do You Can Gentry after this season, who do you replace him with?

It’s pretty self explanatory. Do you fire him, and if not why, if so, who do you replace him with?
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

I voted yes, and I would look for someone like Portland Assistant David Vanterpool, Toronto Assistant Adrian Griffin, or Jerry Stackhouse.

Of course I voted yes.

I still think we should go Becky Hammon, however I would be open to us interviewing basically anyone. My requirements are fairly simple:

1) Doesn't have a pre-existing massive losing head coaching record
    2) Is younger than 55
    3) Preferably comes from, or has worked in, a winning organisation.

Which leaves a lot of names. Some others on this board have named Jamahl Mosley, from the Mavs, for example, and while I don't know much about him he would fit the requirements as listed above so why not bring him in to interview?
    Basketball.

I vote yes, Mark Jackson.

Quote Originally Posted by stevemadden504 View Post
    I vote yes, Mark Jackson.
    You are beating a dead horse. He does not want to come here.

https://clutchpoints.com/nets-rumors...-coaching-job/
    Last edited by 13 - 3; 08-06-2020 at 10:20 PM.

Atkinson would be a good fit

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    You are beating a dead horse. He does not want to come here.

https://clutchpoints.com/nets-rumors...-coaching-job/
    Also he sucks

From a fundamental standpoint my requirements are the following:

1. Young enough time relate to all these kids
    2. Can develop players. Our roster is super young. Player development is key.
    3. Can recognize momentum. Young players go on streaks and tend to be emotional. The next coach needs to be able to play the kids accordingly.

If we can accomplish that. I think we can be successful.

Atkinson - Seems like a Monty Williams 2.0. Great developer, but poor rotations and can get out coached.
    Becky Hammon.... Is there anything more that I can say
    Complete Unknown... That is how great coaches are found.

Bobby Hurley

Jordi Fernandez

Dave Joerger.

If ownership and management are serious about winning I don't know how you justify keeping Gentry. Honestly I don't know why they thought he should have survived Griffin's hiring.

Still don't know why they gave him an extension but you can't double down on a mistake.

If you blow up the roster around Zion and Ingram he's fine I guess but if next year means anything to you Gentry can't be the coach.

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    If ownership and management are serious about winning I don't know how you justify keeping Gentry. Honestly I don't know why they thought he should have survived Griffin's hiring.
    My view is that it's fine for the front office to make mistakes. Nobody bats a thousand, every front office you can name has at least a few mistakes. The question is whether they can accept those mistakes and move on, or whether they double down or repeat.

A lot of people argued that while Gentry wasn't the coach of the future, it was fine to keep him on for this season given how much turnover there was in the front office and on the roster; a little continuity couldn't hurt, they said, and I understood that. There is something to be said for that.

We've now seen that it has amounted to nothing. The continuity has not helped, or offset the turmoil elsewhere. Now is the time where the decision gets made seriously: keeping Gentry on was the wrong choice, do we learn from that and move on, or do we double down and keep him? If we double down, that's where it starts being a black mark on the FO. If we let him go, then it's just a case of learning from a mistake; anyone can do that.

Whatabout promoting Fred Vinson? Be bold.

Regardless of what happens, id try to keep him around tho I think he's gotten popular lately.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Whatabout promoting Fred Vinson? Be bold.

Regardless of what happens, id try to keep him around tho I think he's gotten popular lately.
    I would love it. I would start with the rest of this miserable season. See what he can do and pay close attention to his game adjustments and rotation. Something Gentry hasn’t done in 18 years.

At this point I want some barely known college coach or NBA assistant.

No more re-treads.

Hall of Famer
    I'm not interested in lue

J kidd Meh

Kenny Atkinson should get a look

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    I'm not interested in lue

J kidd Meh

Kenny Atkinson should get a look
    I just read the article suggesting that if the Pels move on from Gentry, Lue and Kidd would be the top candidates. My first reaction was that I hoped not. I think I kind of like the list UNO Gracias has. Stackhouse has some appeal, but I think I could be happy with a top assistant or Vinson.

Quote Originally Posted by Mount Zion View Post
    I just read the article suggesting that if the Pels move on from Gentry, Lue and Kidd would be the top candidates. My first reaction was that I hoped not. I think I kind of like the list UNO Gracias has. Stackhouse has some appeal, but I think I could be happy with a top assistant or Vinson.
    Does the article say they would be the tip candidates or does the article say those are two guys Griffin has past connections with?
    @mcnamara247

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Clearly one of those coaches agents *cough* Kidd *cough* put out a request Woj obliged so he can keep getting inside info.

There is little appeal in hiring Lou because he is nothing without Lebron. Hell, the dude got ******** canned 6 games into his 4th season in Cleveland because Lebron was no longer there to keep his job safe.

Kidd and Gentry and just different ends of a failing spectrum. Get some new blood, not some favored nation coach.

Why not go after Will Wade, he fields a well rounded team, and he knows how to coach paid players.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Why not go after Will Wade, he fields a well rounded team, and he knows how to coach paid players.
    I saw what you did there lol

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelMcNamara View Post
    Does the article say they would be the tip candidates or does the article say those are two guys Griffin has past connections with?
    I wonder, though, if Griffin is living in the past. He is on record comparing Hayes with Stoudemire and waxing nostalgic about Gentry in Phoenix. That was a long time ago.

Bobby Hurley.

I actually like Jordi Fernandez and Dave Joerger too. But the more I think about it, Hurley would be my first choice.
    Last edited by As I See It; 08-09-2020 at 12:05 AM.

Thread Information