Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Thursday August 6: Pelicans vs Kings Bubble Matinee(12:30 PM) Gameday Thread

No urgency at all. Yea, Gentry has to go

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I'm a players play guy... you guys can blame the coaches if that makes you feel some kind of way but when the ball is tipped the players have to execute. They're not.

Coaches can be blamed for rotations and game planning... but coaches can't turn the ball over. or cut off dribble penetration. Or make teams miss wide open 3s. Or... you get my drift.
    Yea I mean I agree with this to an extent unless the coach has had a problem with it at every stop he's made. Other than Jrue, this is an entirely different roster. Yet, they play the exact same way. The lack of execution starts at the top. Please give me Darvin Ham this offseason

Well, at least all our players are fresh for the offseason. Glad we didn't bog them down with too many minutes. They might of actually saved our season.

I would respect Gentry forever if he resigned after this game.

See y'all in December

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    this is the most painful game i've watched from us in some time. just shooting up prayers and letting the Kings do as they please. absolutely putrid.

No excuses at this point. If you can’t motivate your guys when the playoffs are this in reach, there is a problem.

Absolutely disgusting.

No emotion. No leadership. Terrible coaching.

Zions gotta be thinking... where am I going as soon as my contract is up.

Quote Originally Posted by DroopyDawg View Post
    I'm a players play guy... you guys can blame the coaches if that makes you feel some kind of way but when the ball is tipped the players have to execute. They're not.

Coaches can be blamed for rotations and game planning... but coaches can't turn the ball over. or cut off dribble penetration. Or make teams miss wide open 3s. Or... you get my drift.
    Gentry dictates the pace, Gentry dictates the style and he dictates the sets. We continue to play at this pace when we can’t outscore or defend- that is on Gentry hombre

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Absolutely disgusting.

No emotion. No leadership. Terrible coaching.

Zions gotta be thinking... where am I going as soon as my contract is up.
    If Zion thought like you, he'd be an undrafted free agent.

So your team has gotten blasted out of space twice in the bubble. With playoffs fully within reach.

If there isn't a coaching change when this is over might as well skip next season.

They gave up TWO 40 point quarters btw. Got outcoached by Luke Walton.

Welp, it looks like that's our season. I couldn't watch the game, but saw that Bogdanovic lit it up. Did we have our usual failure in guarding the three point line?

Should of just tanked when they went 6-26... Could of easily had their pick of Onyeka.

Pull an Atlanta Falcon wins games to hurt yourself with a dead end coach.

Antonio Davis hits nail on head...lack of effort and energy
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

All-Star
    Gentry has to be the worst coach ever, these lineups are terrible. At one point our best rim protector was Melli. What will it take to get this bum out of here??

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Should of just tanked when they went 6-26... Could of easily had their pick of Onyeka.

Pull an Atlanta Falcon wins games to hurt yourself with a dead end coach.
    There's no one worth losing on purpose for in this draft. No one you can't just grab similar a little later on.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    Gentry has to be the worst coach ever, these lineups are terrible. At one point our best rim protector was Melli. What will it take to get this bum out of here??
    His contract running out, fortunately.

Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    Welp, it looks like that's our season. I couldn't watch the game, but saw that Bogdanovic lit it up. Did we have our usual failure in guarding the three point line?
    They didnt guard anything. Kings getting layups without a Pelican within 10 feet.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    I would respect Gentry forever if he resigned after this game.
    I hope I never see him anywhere near a Pels facility ever again. The worst coach this team has had since Bower.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    To be fair...we don't have a single rim protector on this team. Favors isn't athletic enough. Hayes is too wild and raw. And Zion's conditioning is so poor he can't expend too much chasing a weakside block. Also, he's a very poor defender at this stage anyway.

End of Game Statlines

Lonzo: 9 points, 2 rebounds, 11 assists, 1 steal, 1 block. 4/7 shooting (57.1%), 1/4 from 3 (25%). 31 minutes
    Jrue: 17 points, 5 rebounds, 5 assists, 1 steal, 1 block. 7/10 shooting (70%), 2/4 from 3 (50%). 29 minutes
    Ingram: 24 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists. 8/14 shooting (57.1%), 3/4 from 3 (75%). 34 minutes
    Zion: 24 points, 2 rebounds, 2 assists. 10/12 shooting (83.3%). 22 minutes, for some reason.
    Favors: 6 points, 4 rebounds, 1 assist. 3/4 shooting. 22 minutes.

Redick 18 points, 1 assist. 6/11 shooting, 5/10 from 3.
    Hart: 11 points, 3 rebounds, 3 assists. 4/5 shooting.
    Melli: 4 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assists. 2/7 shooting
    Frank: 8 points, 1 assist, 1 rebound. 2/5 shooting.
    Jaxson: 4 points, 4 rebounds, 2 assist. 1/2 shooting (10 minutes).
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    To be fair...we don't have a single rim protector on this team. Favors isn't athletic enough. Hayes is too wild and raw. And Zion's conditioning is so poor he can't expend too much chasing a weakside block. Also, he's a very poor defender at this stage anyway.
    Just want to note that you can be a good rim protector without being athletic; rim protection is not all highlight blocks. Tim Duncan was a strong rim protector at the age of 30000 because of positioning, length, strength, discipline, and timing. Prior to this season, Favors was an excellent rim protector. Makes you wonder where it's all gone. Was the injury he had early truly that significant and plaguing, or is our system truly so pathetic? Maybe both.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    His contract running out, fortunately.
    They better hope it’s a bubble again then. Who the heck would buy tickets knowing Alvin Gentry is the coach?! They could sign AD back and the fans still have no hope with this coach.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Just want to note that you can be a good rim protector without being athletic; rim protection is not all highlight blocks. Tim Duncan was a strong rim protector at the age of 30000 because of positioning, length, strength, discipline, and timing. Prior to this season, Favors was an excellent rim protector. Makes you wonder where it's all gone. Was the injury he had early truly that significant and plaguing, or is our system truly so pathetic? Maybe both.
    It’s really hard for me to judge any player under Alvin. They are all completely misused.

Thread Information