Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11

Thread: Thursday August 6: Pelicans vs Kings Bubble Matinee(12:30 PM) Gameday Thread

I get that Gentry wants the fastest pace possible, but it seems it just leads to too many mistakes, especially for such a young team. He is so focused on pace, that we make really dumb decisions that lead to turnovers. I think the pace also leads to bad defense because of the turnovers and the fatigue that sets in as a result. I am more than ready to move on from Gentry and hope for another coach that stresses pace, but not at the chaotic breakneck pace Gentry keeps pushing.

I just want the next coach to NOT come in and say "we only focused on defense...we're not worried about offense"

I never want to hear that dumb crap ever again.

Quote Originally Posted by PELICANSFAN View Post
    I get that Gentry wants the fastest pace possible, but it seems it just leads to too many mistakes, especially for such a young team. He is so focused on pace, that we make really dumb decisions that lead to turnovers. I think the pace also leads to bad defense because of the turnovers and the fatigue that sets in as a result. I am more than ready to move on from Gentry and hope for another coach that stresses pace, but not at the chaotic breakneck pace Gentry keeps pushing.
    For real. You can have pace, that's not the issue. There's only one team in the NBA faster than us and it's the Bucks for Christ's sake, pace obviously isn't sinking them.

The issue is when you have pace as a goal in itself, rather than as a tactical choice to fit your personnel in service of the goal of good offense or defense. When you have good offense as a priority and you look at your roster and design an offense that fits them, and that happens to be super fast, that's fine. But you can't start with wanting to be fast and work backwards from there regardless of the team you have. It's just clumsy at best.
    Basketball.

Basketball Guru
    outside of the hot shooting the kings did,,they also used the blueprint that the jazz used to get back into the game in the second half against us and that was drive to the basket and score....we just cant stop players from driving to the basket or have anyone that can get into position to block the shots or have anyone on the team who can deter anyone from thinking about driving to the basket without thinking about getting their shot block...

Thread Information