Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Thursday August 6: Pelicans vs Kings Bubble Matinee(12:30 PM) Gameday Thread

Pelicans Thursday August 6: Pelicans vs Kings Bubble Matinee(12:30 PM) Gameday Thread

Well I'll guess I'll start the thread today. Memphis is imploding. Now is a good time to start a winning streak.

Last edited by 13 - 3; 08-06-2020 at 11:13 AM.

Hall of Famer
    Its' right their on the table for the pels

They have the easiest schedule

If they want it they will play Zion in 4th.

Just need to limit the turnovers. Would love to see a smaller rotation.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    Just need to limit the turnovers. Would love to see a smaller rotation.
    That’s really it. If they could limit turnovers and make a few more free throws they would have a few more wins under their belts. We are turning the ball over 15.8 times a game while our opponents are turning it over 13.8 times.
    Last edited by UNO Gracias; 08-06-2020 at 11:23 AM.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    That’s really it. If they could limit turnovers and make a few more free throws they would have a few more wins under their belts. We are turning the ball over 15.8 times a game while our opponents are turning it over 13.8 times.
    Agree.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Yup. Kinda a broken record. We need to slow down the pace. Every time is see Gentry calling to speed up the pace... the turnovers begin.

I literally yell at lonzo, Jrue, and Bi when they start sprinting with the ball up to court. Slow down. Manage the movement and the clock. This will lead to better shot selection an ultimately less turnovers.

That’s my opinion anyways.

The kings like to play fast. Gentry is easily manipulated by other coaches.

I’m worried Gentry try’s to make it a sprint the whole game and we turnover the ball 20+ times.

If this happens we will lose.

If we manage the ball and get good looks we will win.

Quote Originally Posted by HartOfaPelican View Post
    The kings like to play fast. Gentry is easily manipulated by other coaches.

I’m worried Gentry try’s to make it a sprint the whole game and we turnover the ball 20+ times.

If this happens we will lose.

If we manage the ball and get good looks we will win.
    Kings are twentieth in pace and the Pels are third. If its a fast paced game, they're playing to our strength. You can play fast and also play smart, the key is the decision making in transition.

Sorry for not making the thread today, I spend most of the morning and early afternoon at the doctor's (turns out that spontaneous deafness is not good, who knew?), so thanks for covering for me!

In any case, this would be a great one to win. We're somehow very much in the mix for the 9th seed despite our double losses early, due to Memphis being absolutely tragic and going 0-4 to start the bubble.

Similarly, with the Spurs loss to the Nuggets yesterday, a win today would put us in fantastic position, while simultaneously dropping the Kings to 0-4 as well, making it extremely difficult for them to keep in the running.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    If they want it they will play Zion in 4th.
    We played Zion like 9 minutes in the 4th last game, so unless something weird happens tonight I don't see any reason we would hold him back from that now.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Kings are twentieth in pace and the Pels are third. If its a fast paced game, they're playing to our strength. You can play fast and also play smart, the key is the decision making in transition.
    Have you been watching the games this year? Fast is not our strength.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    huge game - we sure have been getting a lot of help from other teams recently. gotta take advantage.

Super excited.

We won our first matchup with the Kings this season 117-115, this was before Zion was here. Jrue put up 19/5/7, Lonzo put up 24/7/10, and Ingram actually had a pretty mediocre game scoring wise, with only 16/5/3.

We're coming into it now with Zion ready to go, and Ingram probably won't have another low scoring game like that again.

This should be a double digit win, imo.

We should slow pace down just enough to protect the ball, but faster than what Sac is comfortable with.. A couple of high TO prone teams.

Zion lays it in easily first possession.

That should be all game. SAC has no internal D

Zion rolls, Ingram makes the pass, Zion lays it in again

Don't like that forced iso shot from Ingram so early

They're really calling that a foul?

Gonna be a long night.

Well, We are getting another Clippers game...

Awful turnover from Favors, passed that to a 7 footer that didn't exist

Richaun Holmes hitting 15 foot push shots lol

Another turnover for no reason.

Jrue..... what? Why?

Thread Information