Pelicans Report

Thread: Hot News Flash: Monty Has His Team Playing Well

Hot News Flash: Monty Has His Team Playing Well

No surprise really. Many complained about his coaching, but he had his teams playing hard. Speaking of which, where is Dell Demps these days?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Hall of Famer
    Devin booker can play

They looked way better against the clippers than us. They won as well

He never had a team worth a damn here but people thought we were title contenders with any other coach than Monty. If Monty had the roster that we have now we'd be a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Devin booker can play

They looked way better against the clippers than us. They won as well
    You just can't prepare for a team to make 75 three pointers against you. Those games happen... the Clips came back down to earth, and the Suns played well and with heart.

Booker has hinted he may want new scenery at the end of season. We have plenty to offer to get him here plus he likes our trainer. Nah fire David Griffin instead (Sarcasm)

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    People gotta move on from Monty and whatever he's doing. Like he didn't stop at a totally different team before he got to the Suns.

Hall of Famer
    Another win for monty

Suns and Blazers is looking like a real possibility.

Monty at least understood that you need to grind out games against teams that are more established/better than you rather than throw the kitchen sink and hope a Lead guardless team can play a perfect game without any turnovers or poor shot selection. It’s one of the reasons we fought in most of his games here with such a poor supporting cast. Still fell a decent bit short when it’s all said and done, but I can at least say he had room to grow as a coach.

I actually wish Monty was still around when we acquired Boogie. I don’t want him around this current roster, but I think the AD Boogie roster would have been interesting with him.

All-Star
    Monty Williams is doing a decent job so far in Phoenix, but let's not kid ourselves in believing that Pels would be better with him as the head coach. Dude only has one more playoff appearance than Gentry. Going forward we need a proven track record in NBA imo. Enough of the mediocre coaches with losing records.

Quote Originally Posted by BIG_CITY_BOI View Post
    Monty Williams is doing a decent job so far in Phoenix, but let's not kid ourselves in believing that Pels would be better with him as the head coach. Dude only has one more playoff appearance than Gentry. Going forward we need a proven track record in NBA imo. Enough of the mediocre coaches with losing records.
    While I agree for the most part, just want to add one point.

Monty hasn't had more success than Gentry but he's also coached far fewer seasons as HC.

Gentry has been head coach in 17 different seasons, counting this year. He's made the playoffs 3 times.
    Monty has been a head coach in 6 seasons, counting this year. He's made the playoffs 2 times.

3/17 is a much worse number than 2/6.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

Monty hasn't had more success than Gentry but he's also coached far fewer seasons as HC.

Gentry has been head coach in 17 different seasons, counting this year. He's made the playoffs 3 times.
    Monty has been a head coach in 6 seasons, counting this year. He's made the playoffs 2 times.

Maths is hard for some.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

All-Star
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post

When I made my comment I was talking about winning season as the Pels head coach...thats my bad, I should've stated that from the jump

I'm happy for Minty.

I’ll be honest, I hope the Suns take that final playoff spot, we don’t deserve it, and the Grizz are going to be too hurt to keep it. The Suns are the ultimate Cinderella story.

Suns haven't lost a game in the bubble.

Boy he destroyed OKC last night.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Suns and Blazers is looking like a real possibility.
    7-0 is pretty impressive any way you look at it. They had ZERO shot at making it and now, it's gonna happen... But what do I know.

Destroying Dallas now

They came to Orlando to meet Mickey and kick ******, and Mickey never reported to work.

Hall of Famer
    Going to go undefeated and miss the play in

But if they cna bring this into next year that's another team the pels will have to contend with just to make the playoffs

Quote Originally Posted by Speakthetruth View Post
    Going to go undefeated and miss the play in

But if they cna bring this into next year that's another team the pels will have to contend with just to make the playoffs
    Which is exactly why we need change. Monty has his team running through brick walls. I don't think Alvin could convince anyone to run through wet tissue at this point. It's just a little discouraging. At the end of the day, everything is about leadership and at the end of the day, sports in general are only a distraction to life's real challenges.

Thread Information