Pelicans Report

Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: August 3rd - New Orleans Pelicans vs Memphis Grizzlies - 0-2 - Bubble Game 3

Quote Originally Posted by Nichols View Post
    He's a hell of a throw in to complete a trade. He's probably not a starter but he'll be a solid guy coming off the bench for the entirety of his career.
    We also got JAX and NAW (via the Laker 4th in '19) out of that trade already too.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    We also got JAX and NAW (via the Laker 4th in '19) out of that trade already too.
    Forgot about that.. I'm still high on JAX, he just needs the right coach, and development staff.

39 free throws tonight. If only they had the wisdom and leadership in the coaching ranks to tell them they can destroy the paint against damn near any team. They'd be in a better place.

And thats 39 attempts with a brain fart 3rd quarter of 10 threes.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I just don't understand. You HAVE to reward the big when he runs. Otherwise, it's wasted energy.
    Especially, when you got Zion draw 3 defenders in the paint.

They can pull off crazy rim running screens, pull coverage traps, or just see your 7 ft center with nobody in front of him

We probably need to bring a coach that is more into paint offense. This has been a problem all year like it's just not in our system. Unless it's for Zion..

Look at this kid's shoulders for god's sake lol
    Basketball.

The Kings have honestly looked like one of the worst teams in the bubble.

They have no defense whatsoever.

Hopefully now you can start seeing the benefits of the schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    The Kings have honestly looked like one of the worst teams in the bubble.

They have no defense whatsoever.

Hopefully now you can start seeing the benefits of the schedule.
    Memphis is now 0-3 in the bubble, and 3 of their final 5 games are Bucks, Raptors, Celtics.

There's a chance that we're gonna end up playing the play-in games, but that it'll be against Portland or someone and Memphis just fall out of the running entirely.

That baseline drive Zion did at the 2 minute 20 second mark in the fourth quarter was sublime. We saw glimpses that quarter of what a BI and Zion duo can be.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Memphis is now 0-3 in the bubble, and 3 of their final 5 games are Bucks, Raptors, Celtics.

There's a chance that we're gonna end up playing the play-in games, but that it'll be against Portland or someone and Memphis just fall out of the running entirely.
    Portland still has the Rockets, Clippers, 76ers, and arch rival Nuggets.

Spurs have Rockets, Jazz (2xs), and us. Currently getting stomped by the 76ers as I type this.

There is a red carpet to the 9th spot only a bad coaching staff can screw up.

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyfamilyreuni View Post
    That baseline drive Zion did at the 2 minute 20 second mark in the fourth quarter was sublime. We saw glimpses that quarter of what a BI and Zion duo can be.
    Putting to rest that narrative that they won't be able to coexist.

Look at this kid's shoulders for god's sake lol
    see what happens when you unleash him.

Also, if it comes down to the Pelicans and Blazers, they shouldn't have to beat those people twice to advance. NBA should tweak that rule.

Already 4 game swept them during the season. Shouldn't have to beat them 6 times to get in the playoffs. That would just be some bullshark.

Also, if it comes down to the Pelicans and Blazers, they shouldn't have to beat those people twice to advance. NBA should tweak that rule.

Already 4 game swept them during the season. Shouldn't have to beat them 6 times to get in the playoffs. That would just be some bullshark.
    I agree.

We are currently 7-0 against the Blazers and Grizz. Frankly, if it comes down to picking one of us three (3 way tie record, for example), Pels should just get it.

Portland still has the Rockets, Clippers, 76ers, and arch rival Nuggets.

Spurs have Rockets, Jazz (2xs), and us. Currently getting stomped by the 76ers as I type this.

There is a red carpet to the 9th spot only a bad coaching staff can screw up.
    Yeah, looking at the schedules left:

Pelicans: Sacramento, Washington, Spurs, Sacramento, Magic.
    Portland: Houston, Denver, Clippers, Sixers, Mavs, Brooklyn
    Spurs: Denver, Utah, New Orleans, Houston, Utah
    Sacramento: Mavs, Pels, Brooklyn, Rockets, Pels, Lakers
    Grizzlies: Jazz, Thunder, Raptors, Celtics, Bucks

Pels is clearly the easiest. Grizz could conceivably go 0-5, Sacramento could easily go 1-5 (winning against Nets who basically aren't a team anymore), Portland could potentially lose any of those games except Nets, and something like 1-4 wouldn't be surprising for the Spurs.

Meanwhile, it's possible that we could go undefeated to close the season.
    Last edited by Pelicanidae; 08-03-2020 at 09:29 PM.

I’m mostly worried about the Spurs game. That is the game we should give them the runaround, but I can see Pop taking advantage of us laying an egg.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I’m mostly worried about the Spurs game. That is the game we should give them the runaround, but I can see Pop taking advantage of us laying an egg.
    Pop isn't in the bubble and Hammon is scary good.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-03-2020 at 09:51 PM.

Shouts to Shake Milton forever

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Pop was there coaching the Spurs tonight.

I almost jinxed that game. Spoke too soon when they were down 15.

I am in your debt Mr Shake.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Pop is indeed in the bubble, but yes he is basically allowing his assistants to run large parts of the games.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Shouts to Shake Milton forever
    Shake Milton proving that Embiid shouldn't have looked him off the other game

Still makes no sense that a roster like the 6ers gives up 130, but oh well. Was fun to watch the end of that one.

Also, nothing makes you appreciate Joel and AD like listening to other teams' TV crew.
    Last edited by Nola3; 08-03-2020 at 10:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Nola3 View Post
    Still makes no sense that a roster like the 6ers gives up 130, but oh well. Was fun to watch the end of that one
    The Sixers are truly baffling. They have Embiid, who (for all of his huge glaring issues) has been a top 15 player basically every year since he got drafted, and Simmons, who is a top 30 player as well.

And they've proceeded to make every single wrong move building around those two. It's incredible.

The Sixers are truly baffling. They have Embiid, who (for all of his huge glaring issues) has been a top 15 player basically every year since he got drafted, and Simmons, who is a top 30 player as well.

And they've proceeded to make every single wrong move building around those two. It's incredible.
    That Leonard game winner broke that franchise

Thread Information