Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Thread: Fire David Griffin and Gentry

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    so if Portland wins this one, it's basically all over for us correct? Down 1 with 26 seconds to go.

I am pulling for the Suns to get the 8th spot, but I would be happy with the Blazers as well. We don’t deserve the 8th spot.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Irrational Optimist Contributor neworleanshoo's Avatar
    well, i guess Gentry survives for another day..

That's playoffs over and done with as any possibility.
    Basketball.

Hall of Famer
    Hopefully griffin doesnt go crazy hyping up this team without them performing on the court again. They had the easiest schedule and flopped

At this point. Mickey loomis may need to step in and tell gayle that griffin must go if gentry isn’t fired. They are taking advantage of her niceness.

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    At this point. Mickey loomis may need to step in and tell gayle that griffin must go if gentry isn’t fired. They are taking advantage of her niceness.
    Gentry staying was a key demand when picking the next FO guy. So good luck with that.

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Gentry staying was a key demand when picking the next FO guy. So good luck with that.
    Ppl still don’t know that. Lol

Quote Originally Posted by AtlPelsFan View Post
    Gayle wanted Alvin to stay because of the stuff he had been through with AD and all that. She was doing Al a solid and giving him an opportunity to coach without all the distractions. Well, he just seems to not be good at coaching.

So what you're saying is Gayle is suffering from the same blind loyalty that plagued the Saints a few years back.

Quote Originally Posted by Excelsior88 View Post
    So what you're saying is Gayle is suffering from the same blind loyalty that plagued the Saints a few years back.
    She probably was led to believe the distractions cost him a season, so she gave him another one. This year clearly has shown his inability to be the lead guy.

I’m not saying Gayle is a bad owner, but if it’s her wish for Alvin to return next season as our Head Coach then I am going to return to being a Jazz fan. Those guys might be racist, but at least they field a competitive team.

All you have to know about Gentry can be summed up in one player. Christian Wood.

How he let Wood go when we could have kept him for virtually nothing is crazy. Especially when it was apparent we were going to be deep in the backcourt and lacking in the front this year. He showed a propensity to shoot from deep in the 12 or so games he played for us last year. Everyone saw it...everyone, that is, but Gentry (and perhaps his coaching staff). I mean look at the players he kept in lieu of Wood.

The man has got to go.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    All you have to know about Gentry can be summed up in one player. Christian Wood.

How he let Wood go when we could have kept him for virtually nothing is crazy. Especially when it was apparent we were going to be deep in the backcourt and lacking in the front this year. He showed a propensity to shoot from deep in the 12 or so games he played for us last year. Everyone saw it...everyone, that is, but Gentry (and perhaps his coaching staff). I mean look at the players he kept in lieu of Wood.

The man has got to go.
    ... Gentry doesn't sign or release players.

The man has got to go.
    I think that was more of a Wood decision. He wanted to go somewhere with guaranteed minutes. Once they went out and got Melli, Wood decided it would be best to leave.

... Gentry doesn't sign or release players.
    If he has no personnel input...he's no head coach.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    I think that was more of a Wood decision. He wanted to go somewhere with guaranteed minutes. Once they went out and got Melli, Wood decided it would be best to leave.
    So for a million and half he takes one year deal to sit behind Drummond and Griffin (before the trade and injury). Meanwhile we re-sign Darius Miller for $7.5MM for two years.

If he has no personnel input...he's no head coach.
    He might have some input, but he doesn't have final say or even first say. Acting like the summary of Gentry's entire career is a call that he didn't even really make is kind of unfair.

So for a million and half he takes one year deal to sit behind Drummond and Griffin (before the trade and injury). Meanwhile we re-sign Darius Miller for $7.5MM for two years.
    Hey, he is David Griffin not Sister Cleo, mistakes will be made.

He might have some input, but he doesn't have final say or even first say. Acting like the summary of Gentry's entire career is a call that he didn't even really make is kind of unfair.
    My point is, he can't evaluate talent, so how can he be expected to use it properly.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    He won't be gone from the organization. But that doesn't mean he has to be on the sidelines and not drawing up plays out of timeouts.

My point is, he can't evaluate talent, so how can he be expected to use it properly.
    Jeff Bowers posts on this forum?

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    Hey, he is David Griffin not Sister Cleo, mistakes will be made.
    What does Tim Floyd do these days?

Thread Information