Pelicans Report

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8

Thread: 1st August - New Orleans Pelicans vs LA Clippers - 0-1 (28-37) - Bubble Game 2

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So could Monty (however once the talent was developed he couldn’t get them to the next level).
    Just think Mike Malone was once on our coaching staff. He just got extension so I doubt he jumps ship.

Quote Originally Posted by UNO Gracias View Post
    So could Monty (however once the talent was developed he couldn’t get them to the next level).
    So what? If Monty is the worst case scenario for Atkinson thats a pretty good sign. Just when and if you have to replace him with the coach thats supposed to help you make the next step, make sure its actually the coach that helps you make the next step.

All told, they were still supposed to lose these first two games. It's just very frustrating for it to play out in this fashion because now it's evident they have no future with Gentry as head coach.

But unfortunately, it's VERY possible they go on a 6 game winning streak while Memphis and Portland struggle.

On the other hand, the red carpet is laid out for the Pelicans to waltz into the 9th seed. Unless very strange and unfortunate things happen.

So on that note, if they fail to get the 9th seed (if Portland and Memphis lose as they should), then regime change should be almost too obvious.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Just think Mike Malone was once on our coaching staff. He just got extension so I doubt he jumps ship.
    Reading that thread from when we hired Gentry, it hurts my heart reading people saying “we should have hired Mike Malone”, because they were right as rain. There was also a comment degrading Mike Budenholzer that didn’t age well either.

We need a new coach, and we need one now. Who it should be is beyond me. There are consulting firms that specialize in that sort of stuff for NBA teams, I hope that we hire one.
    If you Jimmer it, they will come.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelifan View Post
    So what? If Monty is the worst case scenario for Atkinson thats a pretty good sign. Just when and if you have to replace him with the coach thats supposed to help you make the next step, make sure its actually the coach that helps you make the next step.
    I’m actually not against hiring Atkinson. I think he could have a Budenholzer type impact on the team. It just seems that there are coaches who are great at developing talent, there are coaches that are great with vet teams, and there are coaches that have great systems, there are very few that have all 3 combined. I think Atkinson has #1, and #2 would follow with success, and #3 might never come, but having a great set of assistants would compensate for that deficiency.

Thread Information