Pelicans Report

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 1st August - New Orleans Pelicans vs LA Clippers - 0-1 (28-37) - Bubble Game 2

I'm not even caring about victory anymore, we've lot. It would be an absolute miracle the likes of which I have never seen for us to win this.

But I will get a little respect back if they can play this second half like they care and cut the lead down from 30+ to half that.
    Basketball.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    And I'm gonna say it. Zion is way, way, way too heavy. He's looking like Robert Traylor (RIP) out there. The dude needs to slim, way, way, way, way down. It's not because of injury. It's because of fatigue. It's because I'd rather Zion be quick, and light. Than strong and lumbering.
    With all due respect.

We have no idea what he weighs. Three weeks ago pictures of him came out where he looked easily 20lbs lighter than he had been in season. I don't think he's gained that 20lbs plus some back in less than a month.

Does he weigh 260lbs? 270lbs? 285 still? No clue. None of us know; only the med and training staff do.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    I'm not even caring about victory anymore, we've lot. It would be an absolute miracle the likes of which I have never seen for us to win this.

But I will get a little respect back if they can play this second half like they care and cut the lead down from 30+ to half that.
    Doc Rivers is pretty classy. So, I wouldn't be surprised they call off the dogs soon.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Doc Rivers is pretty classy. So, I wouldn't be surprised they call off the dogs soon.
    Then it doesn't count.

No points for cutting the lead if the other team isn't even trying to maintain it

Clippers are legit going to set a new NBA record for 3s in a game lol.

They have 20 in 32 minutes. I think the record is 24 in a game? May be 25.

With all due respect.

We have no idea what he weighs. Three weeks ago pictures of him came out where he looked easily 20lbs lighter than he had been in season. I don't think he's gained that 20lbs plus some back in less than a month.

Does he weigh 260lbs? 270lbs? 285 still? No clue. None of us know; only the med and training staff do.
    Dude. With all due respect. The guy is clearly overweight rn. It's palpable in every close-up rn. He's fat, and if he isn't serious about getting his weight down, he'll have a short career. Have to face reality here.

Quote Originally Posted by Funcrusher View Post
    Dude. With all due respect. The guy is clearly overweight rn. It's palpable in every close-up rn. He's fat, and if he isn't serious about getting his weight down, he'll have a short career. Have to face reality here.
    Thank you Doctor Funcrusher.

Another note, just to add.

Right now Clippers have 24 FTAs; we have 15.

Last game, Jazz had 28, we had 18.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    No, dude. No.

It's not about his health. I think he can have a long career at any size...but I want him quick. I want him more dominant. It's hard for him to maintain a high level of stamina the way he's looking out there. Don't talk about some his knees or his ankles and his hops or whatever. That's not the problem. I care about his efficacy and being agile enough to matter on defense.

Also, there's Moore.

So Gentry's played his 11 men.

And I'm gonna say it. Zion is way, way, way too heavy. He's looking like Robert Traylor (RIP) out there. The dude needs to slim, way, way, way, way down. It's not because of injury. It's because of fatigue. It's because I'd rather Zion be quick, and light. Than strong and lumbering.
    Let's please please please not start this nonsense. If you didnt say this when he was dropping 23 ppg, then dont start now.

If you don't want to trust your eyes on this one, so be it. This is a forum; we're fans. Logical speculation is natural and part of the deal. You have to be able to connect the dots at this point. He's a 20 year old who's being played 15, 20 minutes a game. The reasoning given from Griff and the medical team is, "reconditioning." He's not 260 lbs, lol, not even close.

Basketball Guru
    i said the nets should call it in and go home.....now im thinking we should just go home lol....

20+ years of pain ragincaucasian's Avatar
    Losing by 40. Are you kidding me?

Is it the coaching? The defense?

I've been half ****** watching this on my Ipad as i build a ladder for my kids trampoline. WTF is going on?

If you don't want to trust your eyes on this one, so be it. This is a forum; we're fans. Logical speculation is natural and part of the deal. You have to be able to connect the dots at this point. He's a 20 year old who's being played 15, 20 minutes a game. The reasoning given from Griff and the medical team is, "reconditioning." He's not 260 lbs, lol, not even close.
    Wanna give us your informed opinion on his weight? I mean, I know they have a medical staff who can actually measure him and determine if his weight is an issue and if so, how much by, but why would I trust that when I could rely on you eyeballin' it on your TV screen?

Let me guess, he's 300lbs minimum, 35% body fat?

Alright. One more quarter to go. We've got them right where we want them. Just like Chelsea did, today. We have to nurse this game. No let downs like two nights ago.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Motto for the year: Won't Bow Down. Guess they forgot to tell them the motto includes "Won't Bow Out" either. SMH

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    Let's please please please not start this nonsense. If you didnt say this when he was dropping 23 ppg, then dont start now.
    Man... I wish never had to do this restart. Zion and Lonzo was on fire in March.

I'm not talking about his knees. I'm saying he has literally no stamina rn and it's palpable at the end of every "burst." I'm not talking about his knees, though we can't just handwave that concern either. I'm talking about him being exhausted in 3-4 minute spurts, conserving energy on d to the point of getting match hunted on nearly every possession. Fatigue is the most natural avenue to injury, no?

Okay so the record for most made 3s in a game is 27, right now, held by the Rockets.

Clippers are on 21 with a quarter to go.

Right now they have made 7 3s per quarter. If they make that average this quarter, that's a new record with 28 total.

I'm not. I'm saying he has literally no stamina rn and it's palpable at the end of every "burst." I'm not talking about his knees, though we can't just handwave that concern either. I'm talking about him being exhausted in 3-4 minute spurts, conserving energy on d to the point of getting match hunted on nearly every possession. Fatigue is the most natural avenue to injury, no?
    Everyone is already frustrated by this game. Just let it go

His knees rather he be quick and lite.

The current NBA favors perimeter players and that's what we should be developing Zion as. Trying to make him a small ball 5 or even a 4 to me is doing him a great disservice. And of course that's what we did this season.

For what it's worth...

Billy Donovan is my choice. He's a .600 coach winning with and without George and MVP Russel Wesbrook. And making the Playoffs every year in the tough West (5 for 5)

Wanna give us your informed opinion on his weight? I mean, I know they have a medical staff who can actually measure him and determine if his weight is an issue and if so, how much by, but why would I trust that when I could rely on you eyeballin' it on your TV screen?

Let me guess, he's 300lbs minimum, 35% body fat?
    no need to get snarky. You automatically thinking my mentality is on the opposite end of the spectrum is ridiculous. To answer your question, he's definitely over 285 rn. Is he over 300? I dunno. I don't care, i just want to see him leaner, i don't see how that's unreasonable considering he is literally not being allowed to play more than 20 mins atm.

One of the worst things about a bad loss is how people let it immediately go right to their heads and they feel the need to just radically change everything.

Bad loss?

Fire Gentry, get Zion down to 210lbs, trade Lonzo, turn BI into a centre, start Frank Jackson at power forward, refuse to shoot 3s ever on religious grounds, etc etc.

Thread Information