Pelicans Report

Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast

Thread: 1st August - New Orleans Pelicans vs LA Clippers - 0-1 (28-37) - Bubble Game 2

That Redick shot

Thousand Yard Stare.
    Basketball.

Don't look now, but our leading scorer at the half is.....................

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Don't look now, but our leading scorer at the half is.....................
    Derrick Favors

And would you look at that, Zions -20 is now the best plus minus out of all the starters

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    This is literally a microcosm for our season. Limited Zion to start. Followed by a massive blowout.

The final part is we won our last games in a row and just fall short because we squandered early.

Call me crazy, but would it be crazy to hire Becky Hammond now while she is still in the bubble?
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    It's pathetic. Everyone on the team should feel ashamed of this half of play, including the coaches.
    Like this bubble season has been great and every team except the Pelicans are playing as if it is already the playoffs. I really don't know if we will even win a game at this point with this beta farm team culture and attitude till teams start getting eliminated.

This team should never be down by 32 to anybody.

This is a Gentry failure. And this is a "we dont worry about offense" failure.

Yeah you need to worry about. Otherwise this is inevitable.

We are on pace to lose this game by 64 points

Christ alive, just go home. Pelicans risking COVID death in the bubble just to get murdered.

Quote Originally Posted by WildlifeAirGrp View Post
    Call me crazy, but would it be crazy to hire Becky Hammond now while she is still in the bubble?
    I've said it before and I''ll say it again.

Alvin Gentry is not the coach of the future for this team. If people are okay with keeping him this year for continuity during the transition, then that's cool I'm not gonna fight too much. Even next year, while I think he puts a hard cap on our ceiling, I can understand wanting that stability for Zion's first real season.

But if Gentry is still the coach of this team in 2 years I will have to just assume that everyone in charge of the franchise has brain worms.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Why do we have so many franchise worst records this year.

Clippers shot chart from this half is obscene

The Franchise
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This team should never be down by 32 to anybody.

This is a Gentry failure. And this is a "we dont worry about offense" failure.

Yeah you need to worry about. Otherwise this is inevitable.

Quote Originally Posted by Taker597 View Post
    Why do we have so many franchise worst records this year.
    Because we are a terribly run organization from top to bottom.

The players’ heads are completely gone. They blew the game last night and they know it. Gentry can’t rally the troops to save his life either. You have a complete lack of balance on the floor and lack of effort on D. It was written in stone the second we lost against Utah.

If we're having THIS many turnovers, and tonight is just part of it, we're always turning it over. Isn't that suggesting that we have a problem with who is being asked to do what? Clearly either the skillsets needed to do what is asked are lacking, or the people asking them do things out of our skillsets are lacking.

The team has a strong future ahead...but someone is going to not be here who is very integral to our present.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    This looks exactly like a team whose players say..."We didnt practice much offense we know we can score"

They are just completely discombobulated on that end. Like they just make stuff up as they go.
    This sums up our offense all year. We have the talent, but we don’t have a true floor general with Lonzo still growing. Gentry has to be more involved than he is. The players are lost trying to do it on their own.

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    This sums up our offense all year. We have the talent, but we don’t have a true floor general with Lonzo still growing. Gentry has to be more involved than he is. The players are lost trying to do it on their own.
    Me, wistfully remembering that time I was pro a CP3 trade and got yelled at cause he's old and his contract is bad

Quote Originally Posted by JJackisangry View Post
    I don't know if Lonzo is ever going to become a player you can count on late in the 4th to do something. Zion and Ingram have shown they want the ball in the clutch already. You don't develop that. You either have it or you don't. Lonzo doesn't. And neither does Jrue.

Elephant in the room is that lonzo is no better than average. Can drive but terrible finisher at the room. Shot improved but still spotty at best. Makes some great passes at times but turns it over and makes questionable decisions

Quote Originally Posted by da ThRONe View Post
    Because we are a terribly run organization from top to bottom.
    *Let our Cornerstone big man leave for a bunch avg guards and young SF*

Common sense: Maybe we should replace another defensive big man to play the 5.

Gentry: tHiS iS a pOsITiOnLeSs oFfeNe.

*Trade for an blackhole offense PF masquerading as a C*
    *Puts E'twaun Moore out there*

Pelicans 2019-2020
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-01-2020 at 06:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    I don't know if Lonzo is ever going to become a player you can count on late in the 4th to do something. Zion and Ingram have shown they want the ball in the clutch already. You don't develop that. You either have it or you don't. Lonzo doesn't. And neither does Jrue.
    He was playing great before the shutdown. Sometimes it takes guard a few games to get back into that rhythm. Harden is notoriously infamous for being awful at the beginning of season and he is a 10 year vet now.
    Last edited by Taker597; 08-01-2020 at 06:29 PM.

Dear God this fool just said to pretend the first half didn’t happen. No wonder we come out of half time so crappy. That is supposed to motivate you to do better and learn. Yet Gentry be like Nah forget about it.

And I'm gonna say it. Zion is way, way, way too heavy. He's looking like Robert Traylor (RIP) out there. The dude needs to slim, way, way, way, way down. It's not because of injury. It's because of fatigue. It's because I'd rather Zion be quick, and light. Than strong and lumbering.

Thread Information