Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Zions been out for four months, he's 20 years old and he plays 15 minutes

Quote Originally Posted by Tpstr View Post
    My question: he can’t even go out on the last possession & stand at the 3pt line, maybe set a pick? Favors was zero threat in that situation. Zion would have made Gobert at least take one step out away from the basket, possibly opening a drive for someone to tie. But no, let’s run a one option play for a contested three. My two cents.
    Or Melli at least

Quote Originally Posted by Tpstr View Post
    My question: he can’t even go out on the last possession & stand at the 3pt line, maybe set a pick? Favors was zero threat in that situation. Zion would have made Gobert at least take one step out away from the basket, possibly opening a drive for someone to tie. But no, let’s run a one option play for a contested three. My two cents.
    I just personally dont care about that last possession anymore.

I posted the 4th quarter shot chart for both teams. It's ugly.

That game was lost long before that last possession. Snyder just outclassed Gentry when it counted most.

They are treating this kid like he is made of glass. He should have played significant minutes in the 4th quarter period. The season is on the line.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyman View Post
    That game was lost long before that last possession. Snyder just outclassed Gentry when it counted most.
    Well I don't think anyone is denying that.

Even if you like Gentry more than most of the people on this board, I don't think there is anyone would who put him in the top 5 or 6 coaches in the league, whereas Snyder probably does fall into that category.
    Basketball.

I'll also say this again--

when a player gives an interview, and they say "we only practiced defense today we're not worried about offense", that is a RED FLAG.

Basketball is definitely a sport where offense and defense are symbiotic. One won't work without the other.

Any coach that preaches that, especially in today's game, is suspect.

Thread Information