Pelicans Report

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: 27th July - New Orleans Pelicans VS Milwaukee Bucks - SCRIMMAGE

Pelicans 27th July - New Orleans Pelicans VS Milwaukee Bucks - SCRIMMAGE

2-0 thus far as we head into the final scrimmage game before real things start up in a few days. Today the opponent is the Milwaukee Bucks, who are also 2-0 in their scrimmages; only one can survive.

As for how minutes and lineups will be organised tonight, I think it's worth noting that Jrue Holiday was asked in his media availability and he said that he believes that the veterans will be playing more 'normal' minutes tonight (according to Andrew Lopez on Twitter), which means that as fun as the absurd lineups we've had so far have been, we should be able to have a slightly more accurate gauge for what the team actually looks like.

Of course, that's against the Bucks who are really good so it's not exactly an optimal measurement; still, we persevere.

Hopefully this one can just be fun, we can see some nice play, and everyone walks away absolutely fine and ready for real ball to start again in a couple of days.
    Basketball.

I'm super interested to see how the rotations look tonight. I'd expert Thornwell, Jah, and Zylan to fall out of the rotation, but will NAW, Frank, Jax, and Kenrich stick around for a few minutes? Or will Gentry start moving towards a 9 man playoff type rotation?

I'd personally like to see NAW, Jax, and Kenrich get runs with the core pieces to see how they can hold up.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    I'm super interested to see how the rotations look tonight. I'd expert Thornwell, Jah, and Zylan to fall out of the rotation, but will NAW, Frank, Jax, and Kenrich stick around for a few minutes? Or will Gentry start moving towards a 9 man playoff type rotation?

I'd personally like to see NAW, Jax, and Kenrich get runs with the core pieces to see how they can hold up.
    If we're doing a ''regular season'' game type thing then I would want Lonzo, Jrue, Ingram, Melli, Favors to start. Then you get Redick/Jax minutes off the bench for sure. Kenrich too, but only really because no Zion, otherwise Melli would be benched and that would knock Kenrich out of the rotation. Then minutes for NAW essentially just to plug up holes in the rotation. So that's

PG: Lonzo/NAW
    SG: Jrue/Redick
    SF: Ingram/Kenrich
    PF: Melli/Kenrich
    C: Favors/Jax

That's 9 guys, so unless this is a blowout I don't really expect to see Jah, Thornwell, or Zylan at all. There's still a chance Frank gets some run because Gentry is big fan of large rotations and 4 guard lineups for some reason. Also wouldn't be surprised if we also saw NAW benched for E'twaun minutes, beause Moore always seems to get run no matter what.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    That's 9 guys, so unless this is a blowout I don't really expect to see Jah, Thornwell, or Zylan at all. There's still a chance Frank gets some run because Gentry is big fan of large rotations and 4 guard lineups for some reason. Also wouldn't be surprised if we also saw NAW benched for E'twaun minutes, beause Moore always seems to get run no matter what.
    Yea I didn't include Etwaun intentionally because I fully expect him to be in the rotation when we start up Thursday. I'm assuming Gentry will start with a 10-11 man rotation in the first 2 games, and then cut it down to 9 starting with the Memphis game.

Quote Originally Posted by pelafanatic View Post
    Yea I didn't include Etwaun intentionally because I fully expect him to be in the rotation when we start up Thursday. I'm assuming Gentry will start with a 10-11 man rotation in the first 2 games, and then cut it down to 9 starting with the Memphis game.
    If Gentry is still a coach in ten years (doubtful, he is on the older side of coaches) then Moore will still be getting 15 minutes a night on some team somewhere. He'll still be hitting floaters.

Would like if both teams tried to go at it-- but I fear they'll both hold out multiple starters. Especially the Bucks.

This is the dreaded 4th and final NFL pre-season game
    Tanking since 2009

Wildlife Aviation Group

JOEL MEYERS BACK THANK SWEET BABY JESUS

Oh hey! It works. I can watch this one.
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Well. Rough start. Throwing bricks from 3. Like not even close bricks.

Would love to see them settle earlier and start driving and dishing to get easier bucket before going down 11.

Going down 11 before realizing that we need to change something up is too long.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Has Redick ever made that mid range jumper?

I. Love. Hart.

Dude just hustles.

Yeah. We need another threat on offense. A guy who worries dudes on the offensive side whenever he has the ball. Zion is clearly that dude.

Impressive finish from NAW

I just realized they're using the tech from the NFL first down marker to put our logo on the court.

A Lonzo runner? Please tell me he's worked hard to add this. Because that's the exact kinda shot he needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    A Lonzo runner? Please tell me he's worked hard to add this. Because that's the exact kinda shot he needs.
    2 of them is promising

Excellent 2nd quarter.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    I love the fact that Jrue is defending Giannis.

The Franchise
    Offense looks so much more crisp with Lonzo. Wish he’d get to the rim more.

The Franchise
    If Favors isn’t going to shoot. I don’t think I’d pay to keep him. I mean just shoot a little bit to keep teams honest.

Quote Originally Posted by tdcreator View Post
    If Favors isn’t going to shoot. I don’t think I’d pay to keep him. I mean just shoot a little bit to keep teams honest.
    That's the one thing about Favors that bothers me. He's such a non factor on offense besides screens and occasional rebounds. He isn't a high energy guy. Plays like he's in this mid to late 30s. Incredibly smart and is always in the right position on defense and we are so much better with him, but yeah.

I know NAW used his left hand some in college, but it was never this much this past season.

Pistol Pete Would Be Proud!! JunkHead's Avatar
    Reddick has gone nuclear.

I know that I've been fairly quiet in the thread, just taking it easy this game and watching it sort of focused, but massive lol at that Redick third quarter. Jesus Christ.

Thread Information