Pelicans Report

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: 25th July - New Orleans Pelicans VS Denver Nuggets - SCRIMMAGE

As much as you can't take too much from these games, I do think it's not unfair to take this from this game:

We're going to drop 115 in a game where Zion doesn't play at all, and Ingram, Jrue, Favors, and Lonzo barely play, and it has not been difficult to create offense.

When Bol Bol is on the floor, you are almost forced to play Zone for significant periods of time, and in 2020 playing raw zone consistently just doesn't work.

This is a real limitation of trying to play Bol Bol. Can it be worked around? Probably. but it's something almost none of the popular scrimmage talk around Bol has acknowledged. Aside from highlight blocks he has been woeful on d.
    Basketball.

A Soulful Sports Fan Contributor Eman5805's Avatar
    Zylan is givin' strong mins off the bench to close the game out.

Denver commentators now promoting the ''NBA purposely gave the Pelicans an easier schedule to get Zion into the playoffs'' conspiracy theory.

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Denver commentators now promoting the ''NBA purposely gave the Pelicans an easier schedule to get Zion into the playoffs'' conspiracy theory.
    So glad I muted them. It was just awful.

Naw just played really nice post D against Plumlee lol

Quote Originally Posted by Pelicanidae View Post
    Nice game from our bench guys. Great team win!

Can I get a proper read on NAW? From what I saw he was forcing and bricking shots all day long

Willie count the Green Fedupfan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AusPel View Post
    Can I get a proper read on NAW? From what I saw he was forcing and bricking shots all day long
    He had his moments. The one thing that I took away is that he’s more aggressive and looks for his shot some times more than other times. When he’s in the hyper aggressive mode, his shots can be wild and forced. When he lets the game come to him, he has the ability to control things. He’s very good on defense, which is something that I’m hoping will get him more action.

Had a very good game defensively, including against the larger guys Denver threw at him. He played more on.ball in the second half and had a few problems but he was really effective off ball in the first half. A couple of his shots were I'll chosen but for the most part it was good.

He's looking more comfortable. Once he fully understands what he needs to be doing out there, he won't let the game come to him, he'll be able to create and control the game actions. One thing I'm seeing is he's taking a page out of Jrue Holiday's notebook and using his left hand way more.

Going to be a starter

Okay we are ready. No need for another scrimmage.

NAW has been using his left hand since college.

I am convinced Jaxson Hayes can be a top 10 player if he gets bigger and keeps trying to improve. My worry with him is if he gets bored with the game quick.

That almost steal from jumping the passing lane was impressive.

Thornwell gave some solid minutes on both ends.

Quote Originally Posted by 13 - 3 View Post
    Okay we are ready. No need for another scrimmage.
    Lest we forget, the Pelicans were 5- 0 during the preseason last year and then we saw what happened.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Lest we forget, the Pelicans were 5- 0 during the preseason last year and then we saw what happened.
    This is how I feel. It's nice we're winning. But it's meaningless once the games count. Get out of them healthy. That's all that carry into the season. Injuries.

Quote Originally Posted by Eman5805 View Post
    This is how I feel. It's nice we're winning. But it's meaningless once the games count. Get out of them healthy. That's all that carry into the season. Injuries.
    This is how I feel. Let's just get out through these games safely and with no one being injured.

Quote Originally Posted by As I See It View Post
    Well last year Anthony Davis+injuries happened.

They were undefeated in pre-season this year, and injuries happened again.

However, since Dec 22nd they have been 21-13 against a tough schedule. That's 6th best in the west and 9th best in the entire league.

So it's not as much of a fluke as you think.

Does anyone what their lucky outfits were leading into the pandemic break? We are three days away!
    Good positive energy.

But also, yo mama's fat.

Thread Information